- Text Size +
DiNozzo knocks on the Director's office door and is surprised when he hears a lady say, "Come in." He expected the psychiatrist to be an old, short balding man with thick spectacles. As he enters the room his eyes widen as he sees a slim, tall, curvaceous redhead. Her back is to him so he stares at her for a few seconds noting her knee length black skirt and her white blouse. She has removed her jacket and her hair is in a low bun. As she turns around, Tony eyes her from her feet up to her face, and then gasps, "You!"

"Hello Agent DiNozzo. Please close the door and take a seat." Sasha says as she makes her way to the boardroom table trying not to get upset by the look of irritation and annoyance on Tony's face. If this is how Agent DiNozzo feels, I wonder what I can look forward to with Agent Gibbs, Sasha thinks. She sits down opposite Tony and waits for him to make eye contact. Tony is confused and worried about how Gibbs is going to react to this situation.

"How are you doing Lt Martins?" Tony asks as he finally looks at her.

"I'm good Agent DiNozzo. Okay, let's begin. I'm going to ask you a few questions and I'd appreciate it if you would answer them honestly. Whatever you say is private and confidential, just between you and me." Sasha says as Tony just stares at her. "Thereafter I will need you to complete 2 tests which will give me an indication of your thought process as well as your stress levels and how you deal with stressful situations. You will complete the tests with the rest of your team."

"Fine, I'll answer any of your questions but first tell me, are you going to interview all of us, even Gibbs." Tony asks worriedly.

"Yes, I will be evaluating all of you." Sasha answers as she makes a note in her file and Tony hopes that that is not a strike against him.

"Agent DiNozzo, tell me the first thing that comes into your mind. What do you like about your job?"

"Everything…" Tony quickly replies.

"Can you be more specific?" Sasha prompts.

"The thrill of getting the job done." Tony smirks.

"And?" Sasha prompts further.

"Well I guess knowing that I make a difference and working with Gibbs and the rest of the team." Tony says as he becomes a serious.

"What do you hate about your job?"

"Long delays and unsolved cases usually irritate me." Tony replies and Sasha observes him as she thinks that her burglary is one of the unsolved cases he is referring to.

"What are you afraid of?" she asks.

"Nothing really, I just don't want to disappoint Gibbs since I am his senior field agent." Tony says as he pratically pats himself on the back.

---------------------------------------------------------------

And so the psychiatric evaluations progress.

Once Kate recovers from the shock of seeing Sasha and Sasha thanks her for taking care of her the other day, Sasha asks her, "Agent Todd, do you feel safe in this team?"

"Yes. I know that the rest of the team is always watching my six even though we irritate each other most of the time."

"What are you insecure about?" Sasha asks as she observes Kate and realizes that she likes her.

"Whether my contribution to the team's efforts is noted. There is this constant competition between Tony and me and sometimes I feel like my efforts could get over looked in the middle of all of that. Also being the only woman in the team does make for some difficult and embarrassing situations." Kate replies as she remembers how she needed the rest room on a navy cargo flight and Gibbs gave her a plastic bag and told her that that was as close to a toilet as she was going to get on that flight.

"What do you need to reduce these feelings of insecurity?"

"Gibbs' approval or some kind of acknowledgement that he can see what is going on and a pat on the back once in a while would be nice."

-------------------------------------------------------------

And on,

"Agent McGee, What do you want out of this team?"

"I want to learn as much as I can and become a better field agent. I think that I can learn a lot from this team. Gibbs is a great leader, a bit harsh at times but great none the less. And Tony is excellent at noticing details and connecting the dots so to speak. Kate always remembers to see the other person's point of view. I think that they are good at what they do and I am lucky to be in this team."

"What is the one thing that really irritates you?"

"Well being called Probie and being given all the newbie assignments even though I am an agent now. Also they do tend to take my IT knowledge for granted without ever really appreciating it. I really hate it when they get me into trouble with Gibbs." McGee says.

"What is the one thing that you are striving for the most?"

"Well, It would be nice to have Gibbs' acceptance and confirmation that I am on the right part and that I am just as important as the rest of the team."

-------------------------------------------------------------

And finally it is Leroy Jethro Gibbs' turn. Tony and Kate watch Gibbs as he stands up and Tony says, "Boss." Kate slaps him on the arm. Tony stares at her and knows that they have to tell him.

"Something on your mind DiNozzo?" Gibbs asks as he observes his two agents and their nervous and fidgety behaviour.

Just then McGee walks to his desk and says, "Boss, Lt Martins is ready for you." Tony and Kate star at McGee and when they notice Gibbs glaring at them, both of them stutter, "Boss we were" "We meant to tell you." Gibbs just ignores them and walks away.

Sasha Martins! Great! Now she will have another chance to irritate me. Damn it. I was hoping never to see her again. Gibbs complains still annoyed about how the case turned out but even more concerned about whether he will be able to control his reaction to her.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Lt Martins, I was not expecting you to handle these evaluations since you are the head of Psychiatry." Gibbs says as he walks in, grudgingly noting that she is a really striking woman, with curves in just the right places, hazel/green eyes and red hair. The bruise on her cheek is gone and she has disguised the split lip with red lipstick. The only evidence of her ordeal is a small band aid at her left temple. Her skirt reveals much more leg than he is comfortable looking at just at this moment.

"Hello Special Agent Gibbs. Please have a seat." Sasha says as she sits in a couch opposite him. She crosses her legs and her skirt rides up a bit revealing her thighs. Gibbs has a glimpse and then pulls himself together and looks at her face.

"I'm going to ask you a series of questions and I'd like you to answer as honestly as you can." Sasha says after she glimpses at him from head to toe and concedes that he is a very attractive man, nicely proportioned with silver hair and ice blue eyes. Sasha leans forward, unintentionally revealing some cleavage as she picks up her file and pen from the coffee table between them. Gibbs appreciates the view and sighs as he realizes that this session is going to be torture for him.

"Fire away Lt. I promise to be as honest as you were." Gibbs smirks as he looks back at Sasha's face. Sasha knows that he is trying to bait her. So she does not react to his taunt. Instead she smiles at him as she watches his body language and sees that although he is trying to appear relaxed he seems to in fact be tense. She can feel the tension radiating off him and she thinks that it is more than just the issues over the weekend and the issues surrounding the evaluation. Gibbs becomes uncomfortable with the way she is starring at him, almost as if she can see into his mind and read his thoughts. He feels a real connection to her and that surprises and scares him. Sasha feels the tension hum and string between them and is not surprised when she realizes that it is sexual in nature. She shifts in her chair and observes as his eyes drop to her breasts and than her legs before he blinks and takes a deep breath. It's good to know that I have the same effect on you, as you have on me. Sasha thinks as she looks at her file.

"Agent Gibbs, when was the last time you were on vacation?" She asks to break the tension as she realizes, I cannot allow myself to feel anything for him. I need to think of Jason and Stacey. I need to save them and if I can save Gibbs' life and do that, than I will. But if I can't than Gibbs and his team will die and I will have to live with that.

Taken completely by surprise, Gibbs takes a second before he answers, "I have not been on vacation in the last 4 years at least."

"Why is that?" Sasha asks.

"My job." Gibbs replies immediately thinking that that should be obvious.

"What about your family?" Sasha asks and she immediately notices a tensing in Gibbs' shoulders although no other outward sign is visible.

"My team is my family." Gibbs answers not liking where this conversation is going.

"What about a wife and children?" Sasha asks and she notices him tensing up even more.

"No wife and no children." Gibbs replies abruptly and avoids looking at her eyes.

"Don't you feel lonely?" Sasha asks as she thinks about her relationship with Stacey and Jason and how they fill her life.

"No!" Gibbs replies tersely as he shifts in his seat.

"No?" she questions as she looks into his eyes.

He glares back at her and repeats, "No, I do not get lonely because I keep myself busy."

"Okay, what do you do, outside of work, to keep yourself busy?" Sasha asks as she tries to change the topic. Family is definitely a sore point for him, Sasha thinks as she makes a note to look in his file.

"I work on a boat that I'm building in my basement." Gibbs replies as he takes a deep breath and thinks, among other more sensual things.

"In your basement!" Sasha exclaims confused and wondering about the size of this boat.

"Yes, in my basement." Gibbs replies. "You can watch me work on it sometime, if you're interested. Than you'll see how stimulating and satisfying it can be." he continues as he raises an eyebrow at her and smirks in preparation of her professional comeback.

Sasha smiles and says "Mmm, that's very tempting Agent Gibbs. How did you know that I love boats?" She uncrosses her legs and then re-crosses them the opposite way before continuing. "The one's built for speed are known to give an exhilarating ride. But the one's built for sailing…. Mmm those are the one's I really like since they are bigger and better suited to long, hot, uninterrupted afternoons. So which type are you building, Gibbs?" She asks longingly as she keeps eye contact with Gibbs and runs the tip of her tongue along her upper lip. Why am I teasing him and why does it feel so good? Sasha wonders as she notices Gibbs' intense and intimate stare which sends a rush of sexual desire through her body.

"Sailing vessel." Gibbs replies in a husky voice, feeling sexual excitement pulsate through his body.

"Then I'll take you up ... on your offer to ... watch you ... work on your ... boat." Sasha replies in a sexy whisper as Gibbs stands up and walks over to her. He pulls her to her feet and her file falls to ground. Gibbs wraps his arms around her and looks into her eyes as she wraps her arms around his neck.

"I'd enjoy having you watch and ... touch my boat." Gibbs whispers in her ear.

"Mmmm." Sasha sighs as Gibbs' lips touch hers is a possessive and demanding kiss. His fingers caress the back of her head as his other hand pulls her more firmly against him. She can feel his arousal and is shaken by the intense desire he has stirred up in her. She gives into the kiss matching his passion as she runs her hand through his hair, pulling him closer. Then reality intrudes and she starts to resist him. "Gibbs.." She whispers in between kisses. He does not seem to have heard her and continues to kiss her. "Gibbs... Stop. We ... have to... stop." Sasha says as she finally pushes him away. Gibbs hates breaking contact with her. Sasha, you are delicious and so passionate! he thinks as he steps away from her and gets his breathing and body under control. Sasha drinks a glass of water as she tries to recover her breath. Wow, that was amazing... Damn it... That should never have happened. She thinks as she closes her eyes and still feels Gibbs' lips against hers.

Oh Damn it. What am I doing? I have to stop this! Sasha continues to reprimand herself as she takes a breath, picks up the file and takes a seat again. Gibbs stares at her and notes the slight blush on her cheeks and the fullness of the lips he has just kissed and can still taste. He returns to his seat and thinks, Wow, woman you are dangerous and I better watch it around you.

Sasha puts her professional mask back on and continues with her questions as it nothing has just happened.

"How does working on ... on the boat help you?" Sasha asks a few seconds later without looking at Gibbs.

"It helps me to think and process my work." Gibbs replies as he takes a deep breath deciding that it would be best for both of them to move on. I don't trust her. So why the hell am I so attracted to her? Gibbs ponders.

"What do you fear about your job?" Sasha asks.

"I don't fear anything." Gibbs says shifting in his chair as he becomes irritated with the way she switches from issue to issue. To compound the problem, he is still aroused and can not seem to keep his eyes aways from her lips.

"What is important to you about your team of agents?" Sasha asks knowing that she is treading on dangerous waters. She really does not need to know this.This question dowses Gibbs' arousal like nothing else could.

"Teaching them the ropes and keeping them safe at all costs." Gibbs replies, after a moments thought. Sasha stares at him for a second noting the fierce look on his face. He will die for them Sasha realizes and he will kill to keep them safe. This is going to be so difficult. How can I do this to these people? Sasha wonders as the reality of the situation hits her and the desire she feels for him fades.

"Do you think that they know how you feel about them?" Sasha asks as she thinks about her feelings for Stacey and Jason.

"They should." Gibbs says as he stands up. "Listen Sasha, I'm not a man of a lot of words. I think my actions speak louder than words and each member of my team knows their worth."

Sasha makes a few notes and then looks up at Gibbs and forces a smile.

"Thank you Gibbs. Now all of you just have to complete the two stress tests and we will be done." Sasha says as she stands up and asks the Director's secretary to call all the agents back to the Boardroom.

Just then her cell phone rings and she apologizes to Gibbs as she answers it.

"Aunt Sash, when are you coming to get me? Don't you love me anymore?" Jason asks in a small, strained voice on the other side of the line. Sasha's breath catches as she turns her back to Gibbs. He can see a distinct change in her as she shakily makes her way to the door. She is suddenly tense and her face is pale. As she walks out the door Gibbs hears her say, "Hey my Angel, of course I love you."

Sasha tries to control her emotions and her urge to cry as she continues, "And I miss …. I miss you like crazy. I can't wait to have you back in my arms." Sasha says as she takes a deep breath. "Baby is you mom there? Please put her on the line and honey don't you ever doubt my love for you. I'll see you soon."

"Sash when will these men let us go? What is going on?" Stacey asks as she gets onto the line.

"How many of them are there? And do you have any idea of where you are?" Sasha asks, just as the line gets cut.

"Damn it" Sasha exclaims as she closes her phone with a snap and puts a hand to her head which has started aching again. She takes a few deep breaths as she tries to calm down.

"Is everything okay, Sasha?" Gibbs asks quietly from behind her. Sasha whirls around sharply as she hopes that he has not overhead her conversation. She can't read anything in his expression so all she says is, "Yes everything is fine, I just need a moment to take something for the headache that I seem to have developed." Then she walks past him back into the Director's office. He follows her in time to see her taking a pill.

"We can postpone the test if you need a few minutes. You know, you can tell me what's going on and maybe I can help." Gibbs offers realizing that she is more upset than she is letting on.

"Thank you Agent Gibbs but I'm fine. There's nothing to tell and nothing that I need help with." Sasha lies and from Gibbs' expression she knows that he knows that she is lying.

"Really?" Gibbs questions as he becomes frustrated with her. How can you still lie to me after what we just shared? He makes a mental note to check on Sasha's phone records.

"Really, it's just been a long day, so as soon as your agents arrive we can get done with the tests." Sasha says as she places sheets of paper with pencils on the boardroom table. As everyone arrives and sits down, Sasha gives them the instructions on how to complete the tests. Everyone can feel the tension between Gibbs and Sasha and all of them decide to keep quiet and get out of there as soon as possible.

Sasha observes them distractedly as they work on the tests. She realizes, I have to get this over with as soon as possible. I have to get Stacey and Jason back even if it means these agents lives. God help me. I wish there was another way. But there isn't. She looks at Gibbs acknowledging how attracted she is to him. I'm sorry Gibbs, for lying and for what I will be leading you and your team into. I'm also sorry for what could have been between us. If only we had met under different circumstance. Sasha sighs as she closes her eyes and rubs her throbbing head.

-----------------------------------------------------------------