- Text Size +
Gibbs spent the next day and a half thinking about the questions that Sasha had asked him. Does his team know how much they mean to him? Are they able to read behind the head-slaps and the glares? Since the evaluations, Tony, Kate and McGee have been looking at him strangely because they have caught him watching them. As a result they are more nervous and jumpy around him then ever. Even Ducky and Abby have noticed and commented on it. Consequently Gibbs is more impatient with all of them. He also tries but fails to ignore the feelings that Sasha has awakened in him. The attraction he feels for her is unexpected and unsettling especially since he does not trust her.

He has McGee pull up Sasha's phone records but all he can pick up is a blocked number from which she received the call that upset her so much. Abby assures Gibbs that a friend of hers will be able to unblock the number but it will take some time. As yet there is no feedback from the friend and this is frustrating Gibbs further. I'll find out what's going on Sasha because this is not over, not by a long shot. Gibbs affirms.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasha looks around her apartment and keeps her tears at bay as she thinks about Jason and Stacey. She knows that tomorrow she will have to be very careful not to reveal anything to Gibbs and his people. She will also have to keep her distance from them.

Gibbs, Sasha sighs remembering their kiss. As she snaps out of it, she stares at her backpack and mentally goes over everything that she has packed into it. Sleeping bag, clothes, toiletries, food rations, first aid kit with a few extra strong sedatives and drugs, her 9mm S&W double action pistol, 3 extra magazines of ammunition, and her Griffith tact knife which she will conceal in her belt. She will have to conceal the pistol and ammo and only use it when absolutely necessary.

------------------------------------------------------

Back at NCIS head quarter, as Gibbs makes his way to the lab, he observes that the rest of the team is busy packing their back packs. Tony is goofing off as McGee is rushing between packing three bags. Kate is just shaking her head as she stuffs things into her bag and Abby is busy with a few electronic gadgets.

"Gibbs!" Abby shrieks as the lab doors opens. Tony stands up so fast that his chair falls over backwards and Kate turns away to avoid Gibbs seeing the smirk on her face. McGee just seems confused about which bag he is about to pack.

"Do we have everything?" Gibbs asks as he hands a Caf-Paw to Abby.

"Sleeping bags, canned food, blankets, mosquito repellent, first aid kits, clothes, toiletries, knives, pistols and ammunition,…. Yeah Boss, I think that we have everything." Tony says as he steps forward and grabs a bag out of McGee's hands.

"Don't forget the GPS trackers," Abby says as she places 4 skulls on key chains in front of them.

"Abby." Gibbs asks with a frown on his face.

"Don't they look cool? I figured that you could hook them to you belts and that way they would not get lost. I also have a new tracker that I would like to test on you guys." Abby smirks before taking a sip of her Caf-Paw. Just then Ducky walks into the room.

"Well Abby, Where are these new trackers?" Gibbs asks as Abby continues to grin and then winks at Ducky.

"Right here Jethro," Ducky says as he uncovers a surgical tray with 4 syringes.

"What, you are going to inject some foreign body into us to track us. This is very Star Trek of you Abby." Tony says as he shivers and remembers that he hates needles.

"Roll up your sleeves lady and gentlemen. Abby will you be kind enough to hold the tray. Thank you." Ducky grins as the agents reluctantly pull up their sleeves.

"How does this work?" McGee asks.

"Well McGee, Duckman's injecting a synthesized bio-degradable satellite tracking device into your arm. It will grab onto your bicep muscle and implant itself there. It will remain operational for approximately 8 days and then it will dissolve and pass out of your body. The injection site will be a bit tender today and you will have to take this pill to prevent your body's defenses from destroying the tracker too soon." Abby explains as Ducky proceeds to inject the tracker into each agents arm. All of them gasp and wince except for Gibbs whose only reaction is a slight narrowing of his eyes.

Abby then turns to her computer and shows them that she has them on screen.

"Great all 4 are working, so at least we will not have to inject you again." Abby says and everyone stops and stares at her. "Just kidding guys! You really need this trip. You're all just too serious." Abby says as she grins.

"Oh just remember that I will only start monitoring your progress from Sunday as I'll be out at the conference until then. But my trusted PC will keep you in its sights as of right now so no funny business okay." Abby scolds and then grins.

"I'm sure that we'll be fine." Kate says as she rolls down her sleeve, pops her pill and takes her skull and hooks it to her bag. The rest of the agents follow her lead.

------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning as the NCIS agents go through their bags one more time, they are surprised to see Lt Martins getting out of the elevator. She is dressed in a black track pants, matching black track jacket and a red tank top inside. Her hair is in a ponytail. She looks vibrant and energetic.

"Lt, what are you doing here?" Gibbs asks as he has a sip of coffee and admires the view. You look more enticing every time I see you.

"Good morning, I hope that all of you are ready. We leave in an hour." Sasha says as she smiles at each agent in turn ending with Gibbs. All of them stare back at her like as if she has just grown another head.

"What do you mean, we???" Gibbs asks as he stands up and glares at her.

"Agent Gibbs I'm sure that your Director informed you about the trip to Herrington Manor State Park." Sasha says in a patient manner.

"Yes, the four of us are going on this mandatory trip." Gibbs replies making it clear that he thinks it is a waste of time.

"Well, I will be accompanying you. Think of me as your guide." Sasha replies as she turns away and walks to the Director's office.

Kate and Tony exchange glancing as they realize that no one just dismisses Gibbs like that. Gibbs glares at them and then follows Sasha to the Director's office. The Director tells him in no uncertain terms that Sasha will be accompanying his team and that he should just make do with the situation.

Gibbs is furious when he gets back to the bullpen. How the hell am I suppose to spend the next 5 days with this infuriating woman who drives me crazy even when she's not around.

"Let's go!" Gibbs barks as he grabs his bag and makes his way to the elevator. The rest of the team stares at him for a second, before jumping into action and following him to the elevator. Sasha watches Gibbs as the elevator door closes in her face.

Great manners, Gibbs! Sasha thinks and then she sighs as she waits for the elevator to return for her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The drive to the Park is tense and uncomfortable. Kate, Tony and McGee try to start a conversation but with Gibbs glaring at them in the rear view mirror they give up. Tony takes a nap, McGee plays with his PDA and Kate reads a book. Sasha, sitting next to Gibbs, also reads a book but keeps one eye on Gibbs noting his frustration. Every time he glares are her, she smiles back mischievously at him. She has removed her jacket and Gibbs occasionally catches a glimpse of her cleavage depending on how she folds her arms under her breasts. It is driving him crazy and he reacts by driving faster.

They arrive at the State Park at around 2:30pm and have a light finger lunch. As Gibbs observes Sasha, he remembers the feel of her eyes on him throughout the ride and the glimpses of her body that has kept him hot and irritable for most of the day. Damn it, what is it with you woman? Why are you getting to me like this? He wonders.

After lunch they are given a key to their cabin, which is set at the outskirts of the property, near the start of the hiking trails. As they enter the cabin they note that it is a sparsely furnished room with 5 bunk beds and 1 bathroom. Tony immediately jumps onto the first bunk, closest to the window. Kate takes the one opposite him. McGee takes the one next to Tony. Sasha takes the one next to Kate and opposite McGee. The only bed left is the one next to Sasha. Gibbs glares at the team and considers forcing McGee to take that bunk. Then he decides that he has to show all of them that this situation does not bother him. He throws his bag on the bed next to Sasha and then walks out of the cabin to go and find a decent up of coffee.

That evening everybody is invited for orientation and dinner at the Manor house. Sasha looks anxious and irritable and Gibbs wonders why, since she had been polite and mischievously the whole day. Tony grins and eyes all the women at the lodge, flirting with some of them and receiving as many as 3 head slaps from Gibbs in the space of an hour. Kate and McGee discuss the hiking trail they will be starting the next day. Kate notes that McGee is not as excited about it. In fact he seems very concerned about the pace they will have to keep. There are 6 teams of 5 people each at the lodge and each team will be hiking a different trail. All the trails overlap at some point along the way. So basically each team will be on it's own for most of the week to facilitate team building and bonding. There are 2 other Navy teams and 3 civilian teams but as everyone is dressed in casual clothes it is not easy to make out who's in the navy and who's not.

As the evening progresses Sasha keeps looking at her cell phone. They still have network reception at the Manor house but as yet she has not received a call from Stacey and Jason. She picks at her food distractedly and occasionally rubs her head. The headaches must be bothering her. Gibbs observes. As soon as dinner is over and people start to mingle, Sasha's phone rings. She jumps in relief and makes her way to the door noting that it is raining outside.

"Hello, Stacey? Jason?" she quickly answers.

"Sash they have moved us to a cabin a few hours away from….." Stacey tries to say as the call is cut.

"Stacey! Damn it, Stacey, answer me!" Sasha shouts into the phone as she closes her eyes and rubs her aching head. She staggers off the steps of the Manor House, into the steady rain. Where have they taken you? Why would they move you? Oh my God, What the hell's going on? Sasha gasps. I can't breath, I need to calm down. She gasps as she tries to get her breathing under control. The cold rain finally helps her to snap out of it and she starts shivering as she is soaked to the bone. She decides to head back to the cabin to deal with this new development. That's when she hears someone come up behind her. She assumes that it is either Gibbs or one of his team. I can't deal with you now. She thinks as she continues to walk away.

"Hello Lt. How's your headache?" a male voice asks. Sasha is startled for a moment as she recognizes the voice. She does not move as he moves to stand in front of her. Sasha looks up into his eyes and resists the urge to attack him. He is tall and of medium build. He is in fact good looking and has a friendly face.

"Where have you taken them?" She hisses.

"Remember to be polite. Gibbs is not too far behind us. You wouldn't want him to get suspicious now would you, love."

Sasha tries to calm down and control her breathing as she feels panic rising in her again.

"Where are they? You have to let them go now. Gibbs and his team are here so just let them go." Sasha almost begs as she feels angry and helpless.

He smiles at her as he takes a hold of her arms pulling her close and he whispers in her ear, "No."

Sasha tries to jerk back but he squeezes her arms tightly, bruising them and continues to say, "Stick with them. They will meet with their fates soon enough. If you make one wrong move your previous friends will die and I will kill the kid first." Then he kisses her cheek and walks away just as Gibbs appears a few meters away. Gibbs notices the man and nods in greeting to him. He returns the nod and continues back to the dining room with a sneer on his face. Soon Special Agent Gibbs! Soon you will be dead. But first you will watch every member of your team die.

Gibbs notices that Sasha is standing still in the rain. She looks dazed and is rubbing her arms as she is shivering from the cold.

"Do you have a death wish?" Gibbs asks as he places an arm around her shoulders and tries to steer her towards the cabin. She reacts by shaking his arms off and running towards the cabin.

"What the hell's wrong with you?" Gibbs shouts as he chases after her.

When she gets to the cabin, Gibbs is right behind her. As she tries to open the cabin door and get inside, Gibbs turns her around and stares at her. He looks angry and is confused and concerned about what is going on with Sasha. Sasha looks cold, disorientated and terrified. Then she looks at Gibbs and focuses on his eyes noting the anger and concern in them. He is so close and he is so strong, serving as the only anchor in this world of hers that has become out of control. He becomes her lifeline and she thinks, I need you! as she leans into him. Gibbs is surprised as Sasha places her forehead on his shoulder and wrps her arms around his waist. He reciprocates by wrapping his arms around her shoulders..

"I just …… need ….. a moment." Sasha says as she looks up at him.

"Sasha, what is it? Tell me and I'll help you." Gibbs urges as he looks at her, frustrated by her refusal to tell him what's bothering her.

"Jethro, just hold me. Can you do that?" Sasha asks as she looks vulnerably at him.

"Alright… whatever you need." Gibbs sighs as he looks deeply into her eyes and hugs her tightly.

"And what if… I need …..something more?" Sasha whispers as she shivers and turns her head into his neck. Her breath on his neck sends goose bumps across his body.

"What more do you need?" Gibbs asks in a husky voice as he turns his head to look at her.

"This….' Sasha sighs as she looks at his lips and then stands up on her toes and aggressively kisses him. Gibbs does not react for a moment and then he gives into the desire that has been building all day. He kisses her back fervently as she runs her hands through his hair and pulls him closer. Then she starts to push his jacket off and unbutton his shirt. Gibbs pulls her away from the door and while still kissing her, he yanks the door open and then locks it behind them as his jacket falls to the floor. They continue to kiss each other and remove their clothes as they make it to Gibbs' bunk.

"You are so beautiful!" Gibbs exclaims between kisses. Sasha responds by moaning and caressing his back and squeezing his tight butt. Soon Gibbs starts to progress down Sasha's body caressing, kissing and nipping at her exposed skin. He can't get enough of her. Sasha is stunned by her response to Gibbs. She can't wait and she urges him on by arching her body against his. She can feel his arousal and she reaches for it. He groans out in pleasure as her hand wraps around him and she starts to move her hand up and down his length. He is big and hard and touching him makes Sasha even more impatient.

"Jethro, now…. I need you now…" Sasha moans as he suckles on her nipples and she cries out in pleasure.

"Sasha, …. are you sure?" Gibbs whispers as he stops for a second.

"I want you inside me now, Jethro ….. Right this minute." Sasha moans as she pulls him on top of her and guides him into her body. Both of them groan out in pleasure as Gibbs slips into her warm, hungry body. They saver the moment and and try to take it slow but soon the sensations overwhelm them making them move faster and harder against each other. Gibbs is amazed by Sasha's passionate response and he urges her on with heated word as he senses that she is close to her climax. When he feels the shudders rock through Sasha's body as she gasps his name and digs her nails into his shoulders, he can't hold off any longer. He groans out as his release rocks through him within moments of hers. In the aftermat as they lie side by side catching their breath Gibbs realizes that they have not used protection. He plans on bringing that up with Sasha just as they hear the sound of voices outside the cabin.

Both of them react instantly and start getting their clothes on.

"I'll go outside and keep them occupied for a few moments." Gibbs says as he kisses Sasha passionately before leaving the cabin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside the cabin, Tony, Kate and McGee wonder where Gibbs and Sasha have gone off to. Just then they see Gibbs stepping out of the cabin. He is wearing a t-shirt and jacket instead of his shirt and jacket, Tony notes. He also looks a bit flushed.

"Let's go for a walk." Gibbs says as he approaches Kate, McGee and DiNozzo outside the cabin.

"But Gibbs, it's drizzling." Kate complains.

"Boss, are you okay? You look a bit flushed. You're not catching a cold are you?" Tony asks sounding concerned.

"I'm fine. I just need coffee and I want to discuss the hiking trail. And you can fill me in on the orientation that I missed."

"Yeah Boss, you and Lt Martins missed that. Do you know where the Lt might be?" McGee asks.

"No. Let's move it." Gibbs growls, hiding his grin as they walk back towards the manor house.