- Text Size +
Early the next morning, Gibbs wakes up to an annoying beep… beep sound. He mumbles, "Will someone switch off that God damn noise. My head is bursting here!"

McGee, who is asleep in an uncomfortable chair, positioned between Gibbs and Leslie's beds jerks awake when he hears Gibbs.

"Damn it, stop that damn machine before I shoot it." Gibbs curses as he raises his right hand to his head and grimaces.

"Gibbs, just relax. You're in the hospital and the machines are monitoring your vitals." McGee says as he presses the buzzer for the nurse's station.

"Tim?" Gibbs says as he focuses his eyes on the younger agent and then squeezes them shut again as a piecing pain shoots through his head.

A nurse rushes into the room and says, "Agent Gibbs, tell me what you are feeling."

"My head! Stop that sound!" Gibbs demands.

"I'm going to lower the volume on the machines. There we go, is that better?"

"Yeah," Gibbs sighs as the sound becomes barely audible and the pounding in his head seems to become bearable. He drops his hand from his head and looks around.

"I'm going to give you something for the pain," the nurse says after she's checks his pupils and takes his blood pressure.

"You're doing very well Agent Gibbs. This is the fastest recovery I've seen for a patient with such a serious head injury. Now just relax, this will sting a bit." she says as she proceeds to inject his right arm with a large dose of medication. Gibbs just grimaces and shuts his eyes until she is done.

"Can I get a cup of coffee?" Gibbs asks as the nurse after his had a sip of water.

"Maybe a bit later after the Doctor has seen you. You should feel some relief from the head ache within the next few minutes. We're going to be taking you for a CT scan in an hour or two to see how much swelling there still is. But if I had to guess I would say that it must be down because you're awake and lucid." The nurse smiles as she leaves the room.

"What happened? What swelling?" Gibbs asks as he looks at McGee again. He knows that he has a head injury and he can feel the pain in his back and left arm. The rest of his body just feels likes it's been tossed around in a tumble dryer.

"There was an explosion and you were injured. You have inter-cranial swelling which is causing your severe headache." McGee says.

As he watches Gibbs' face he sees the instant when Gibbs remembers what had happened.

"Leslie, Where is she? Is she okay? And Tony?" Gibbs asks as he starts to become distressed.

"Relax Boss. Tony's fine and Leslie's in the next bed. She was injured but the Doctors say that she should make a full recovery." McGee says as he moves aside and allows Gibbs to look at Leslie. Gibbs stares at Leslie taking in the bruise on her forehead and the IV line in her neck. The rest of her is covered so he can not see the extent of her injuries.

"McGee, help me up." Gibbs says as he starts to push the blankets down to his waist.

"Boss, that's not such a good idea." McGee says hesitantly.

"Either you help me or I'm going to do it on my own. And then if something goes wrong guess whose fault it will be." Gibbs warns. McGee sees no way out, so he helps Gibbs into a sitting position. The room spins and rocks as Gibbs sits up and swings his legs over the side of the bed. He just closes his eyes and grits his teeth. He takes a few deep breaths. McGee just watches him afraid that he is going to pass out, fall off the bed and injure himself. Eventually Gibbs opens his eyes and is glad to note that the lightheadedness has passed.

"Now fill me in on what you have." Gibbs says as he tries to focus through the persistent pounding in his head. McGee hesitates as he knows that Tony, being the lead investigator, should be giving the Boss an update. Gibbs looks sharply at McGee and says, "McGee do you have an update for me or not." McGee promptly starts telling Gibbs what they have found out so far.

As Leslie hears Gibbs' voice her dream changes. I'm in a room that is lit by the glow of candlelight. The wooden floor is shining and the windows are draped with white satin curtains. Round tables are arranged along the wall on the far side and they each have a vase filled with fragrant red and white roses. Gibbs is standing in the middle of the room as soft music is playing in the background. He turns around slowly and smiles. He looks so handsome in his white Navy Captain's uniform. His silver hair is gelled back and he has his hat tucked under his arm.

Leslie deeply sighs and McGee and Gibbs look at her hoping and expecting her to wake up any moment.

"Leslie you look stunning!" Gibbs exclaims as he walks towards me. He looks at me from head to toe before taking my hands into his and kissing me lightly on my cheek. I'm wearing a flowing red and silver evening gown with a tight fitting, beaded bodice and my hair is arranged in soft ringlets piled high on the back of my head with a few tendrils caressing my neck. The red of the gown makes my hair look even more red and it highlights my sparkling hazel green eyes. And my high heeled silver sandals bring me up to Gibbs' height.

"Gibbs," Leslie sighs out loud. McGee looks at Gibbs and notices that his eyes are fixed on Leslie's face. She has a soft smile on her lips.

"Go on McGee." Gibbs says as he continues to watch Leslie with a slight smile of his own.

Gibbs takes me into his arms and starts to dance a waltz. He is a superb dancer, in control and as his looks into my eyes I see mischief and excitement in them. We spin around the dance floor as we smile and laugh. Then he slows down, holds me close and places his cheek against mine. "Leslie, I have wanted to hold you and dance with you like this for such a long time." He whispers as he kisses my cheek.

"mmm Jethro…" Leslie moans as she moves her head from left to right and breathes deeply. McGee starts to feel decidedly uncomfortable. Gibbs seems to be completely distracted. I would love to know exactly what you're dreaming of Leslie, Gibbs thinks as he smiles and gently shakes his head.

"I… I think that she's dreaming." McGee says.

"You think!"

"And it's probably about…" McGee proceeds to say and then stops abruptly.

Gibbs just glares at McGee and wishes that he could be alone with Leslie for a moment. "Help me into that chair next to her bed." Gibbs says as he starts to push himself off the bed. The beds are actually placed quite close together. So it is not too difficult to move Gibbs IV line and monitoring lines so that he is able to reach Leslie's bed. McGee keeps quite and proceeds to help Gibbs as instructed. Gibbs feels lightheaded and is glad once he is seated in the chair. He takes Leslie's hand from under the blankets, into his and she sighs out deeply.

McGee decides to give them some privacy and is relieved when his cellphone rings. He walks to the door and says, "Boss, I'll be back in a moment."

"McGee, Yes Agent Fornell." McGee answers the call. "Yes they are still in the ICU ward…." McGee continues as he closes the door.

Gibbs does not even hear him as his attention if totally focused on Leslie's face.

I move my hand from Gibbs' strong shoulder and I caress his smooth cheek. He turns his face into my hand and kisses my palm. I lean closer into him and kiss his neck. I feel his pulse jump as he shudders and then looks deeply into my eyes.

"You.. taste … delish" Leslie sighs as she licks her lips. Gibbs is intoxicated by her words and gives into the urge to kiss her hand.

I lick my lips in anticipation as Gibbs starts to lower his lips to mine. As our lips lock and as his arms wrap around me and hold me close I feel an incredible jolt of arousal.

Leslie stretches her body delicately under the blanket. Watching her Gibbs wishes that she was awake and aware of what she was doing to him.

His lips are so sweet and persuasive and demanding. I can not resist him. Then he proceeds to kiss my neck and he moves his hands to my shoulders and gently slips my shoulder straps off. As he kisses and nips my shoulders I look around and notice that we are in a candlelit bedroom with a huge, soft white bed and a glowing fireplace. He continues to kiss me as he leads me to the fluffy white rug in front of the fireplace. As he lays me down on the rug and looks into my eyes he says, "Leslie, I want you. I'm going to make love to you…."

"Oh Jethro, I …. want…. you…." Leslie moans softly in her sleep as she gently arches her body. Gibbs stares at her for a second as he is amazed by the effect her words have on him.

"Oh God Leslie, I want you too." Gibbs admits as he kisses the palm of her hand and then sucks on each of her fingers. Leslie moans out deeply as she caresses Gibbs face with her fingers as he sucks her thumb. Gibbs tries to rationalize his feeling and reaction as he realizes that she is sleeping and will probably not even remember all of this.

Such sweet pressure, So wet and soft are his kisses on my neck, on my shoulders, on my…..

No. they are rough and abrasive as he runs his tongue down my cheek. I open my eyes and wonder, why is everything so dark and cold now? Why is he holding me so tightly and hurting me?

Gibbs continues to kiss Leslie's fingers and to get his emotions under control as he suddenly feels her shiver and her hand tenses up as she starts frowning.

I need to get away from here. Who is he? Why is he hurting me? A gruff voice says, "Now he dies!" followed by a hysterical laugh. I look around and see Gibbs shackled to a wall as this dark man lets go of me and walks towards him.

Leslie starts trying to pull her hand away and she starts to trash her head from side to side. "No!" She cries out in anguish.

"Do you want me to finish with you first? Are you that hot for me honey? We could have some fun and then we can kill him." he says as he continues to laugh. He's getting closer to Gibbs.

Gibbs stands up slowly. Thanks to the pain medication he is no longer in extreme pain and the lightheadedness is gone.

"Leslie, it's just a dream. Leslie, wake up!" Gibbs says as he caresses her cheek and forehead. She continues to trash her head from side to side.

He has a knife and his going to hurt Gibbs. The knife is raised high now and there is nothing that I can do to stop him. I'm frozen into place as the knife slices through the air and pieces Gibbs' neck.

"No !" Leslie screams as she violently comes awake.

"Leslie, Leslie look at me. It was just a dream." Gibbs says as he sees the terror in her eyes. Her breathing is erratic and she is still lost in the nightmare.

"Leslie, can you hear me. God Damn it, Look at me." Gibbs shouts a bit louder. His voice penetrates through her terror and she starts to blink and to look around. That is when she becomes aware of the throbbing pain in her shoulder and side and she grimaces and moans as she sinks back into the bed.

Then she sees Gibbs' face hovering close to hers and his eyes are filled with concern and something else. She is so relieved to see him that she starts crying.

"Gibbs? Oh my God he was going to kill you!" She mumbles as she starts caressing his face to reassure herself that he is really here.

"Shhh. I'm fine. We both are." Gibbs tries to sooth her as he runs his hand lightly over her head.

Soon her shudders subside and they look into each other's eyes as Gibbs wipes the few sparkling tears away.

"Gibbs I'm sorry. I don't usually react like this,…" Leslie tries to explain as she feels embarrassed.

"Shhh." Gibbs whispers as he looks deeply into her eyes. She stares back at him and then drops her gaze to his lips as she moves her finger tips lightly over his slightly parted lips. Gibbs holds his breath has he waits for her to make a move.

"Jethro!" she whispers as she looks into his eyes. That's all the invitation he needs to change the angle of his head and bring his lips lightly into contact with hers. Why do I feel so hot and heavy and so aroused and why does Gibbs look so….. aroused? Leslie wonders and then she remembers bits of her dream, before the terror and she moans out deeply as she realizes that having Gibbs kiss her in real life is much more intoxicating than in a dream.She wraps her good arm around Gibbs' neck and pulls him closer. She can not get enough of him. He growls as he deepens the kiss. He gives into the desire that he is feeling and kisses her passionately. She reciprocates and moans out, totally lost in his embrace. She nips and kisses the corners of his mouth as he does the same to her. She pulls him closer as she starts to kiss his jaw line and then proceeds to his neck.

"I …. have dreamed…. of kissing … you like this …" She mumbles as she nips and kisses and sucks on his neck leaving a lovebite or two along the way. Although her arm and side are throbbing she does not want to end what is happening between her and Gibbs. She wants more and from his reaction he does too.

"Oh God, Leslie ….. You are driving me….crazy." Gibbs growls as he locks his lips with hers again and she moans out in pleasure. Gibbs is having a hard time controlling his emotions but he also realizes that with their injuries going further then kissing was out of the question.

Ducky walks into the ward expecting to find both agents still asleep. What he does find makes him pause abruptly. What has gotten into you Jethro that you are behaving like a randy teenager! It must be all the pain medication that you two are on. You must be high! Ducky concludes as he shakes his head.

Leslie becomes more ardent as Gibbs continues to kiss her. Gibbs can not get enough of her but he realizes that they have to slow down. In between kisses, Leslie whispers, "Jethro."

"mmm, Leslie?" Gibbs asks with bated breath between kissing her cheeks and forehead as she kisses his jaw and neck.

"Jethro, I …. want…."

At that moment Ducky decides to announce his presence, "Jethro, Leslie, what in the devil's name are you two up to? And Jethro why are you out of bed? For heavens sake man, you are still recovering from a very serious head injury. Not to mention poor Leslie's injuries. Stop smothering her man!"

Gibbs glares at Ducky as he and Leslie reluctantly break their kiss and leave Leslie's statement incomplete. "We'll discuss this later." Gibbs whispers to Leslie and she nods back at him.

"Ducky, your timing sucks." Gibbs says as he takes a deep breath and straightens up. But he realizes that Ducky is right and they did need to slow down. Leslie tries to get her breathing under control as she still tense with arousal. As she sees Ducky's eyes on her, she turns a bright red as she suddenly feels self-conscious.

"Get back into that bed Jethro." Ducky orders as he looks away from Leslie. He notes the bright glow of arousal on both agents faces couples with their heavy breathing and not to mention the love bites on Gibbs' neck. You must have been at it for a while before I walked in. Ducky thinksNow that he is over his initial shock, he is thrilled at finding both of them awake and so active. That to him means that they are going to make full recoveries. But he also knows that head wounds can be tricky and that you could feel fine one moment, and be as weak as a kitten in the next.

As Gibbs reluctantly makes his way to his bed he realizes that the activity of the past few minutes has been as arousing as it has suddenly become draining. Ducky notices the change in Gibbs as he suddenly becomes pale, and he rushes forward to help Gibbs into his bed. Gibbs accepts the help without comment or resistance.

"Jethro, remember that a sudden spike and then drop in blood pressure, is to be expected after certain types of activity." Ducky mumbles as he nods his head. Gibbs glares at him and Leslie drapes her good arm across her eyes as she turns bright red again.