- Text Size +
Leslie and Gibbs try to ignore each other the rest of the evening. They have their supper in silence and then Leslie pretends to want to sleep. Gibbs can not understand what it is about Leslie that makes him feel so out of control. She is feisty and full of energy. She can handle pain and hide the pain of her injuries. She has a quick mind and he knows that she will be an asset to his team. But she just keeps rubbing him the wrong way and for some reason he can not set her down the way he does the rest of the team members. But he also admits that he enjoys sparing with her.

He looks at her. Her eyes are closed. She looks beautiful and he wonders what it would feel like to caress her cheek and run his fingers through her hair. He knows that he is attracted to her and that it has been a long time since he has felt this way for a woman. Just then she opens her eyes. Leslie finds Gibbs looking at her. She wonders how long has he been staring. He does not look away and neither does she. He is not frowning now and he looks very handsome. She smiles at him. He almost smiles backbut instead he glares at her and abruptly looks away. Leslie glares back at him and also looks away thinking that men are the most infuriating creatures on the planet.

The next morning Leslie wakes up to sound of someone in the bathroom. She looks over at Gibbs' bed and it is empty. She decides to get out of bed and get ready. It is almost 8:30am. When Gibbs comes back into the room he is dressed in a jeans and a t-shirt over which he has a NCIS jacket. His arm is in a sling. Leslie thinks that he looks very sexy. She stares at him for a moment and when he glares back at her, she rushes past him to get into the bathroom. She is still wearing a hospital gown which is open in the back and as she passes Gibbs, he gets a glimpse of her bare back. Gibbs' takes a deep breathe to calm his suddenly erratic heart beat.

A few minutes later a messenger arrives at the room. He just walks in and Gibbs wonders where is the guard that Fornell has left outside their room. The messenger says, "Are you Mr. Gibbs?"

"Yeah."

"Then these are for you. Please sign here." the messenger says has he places a huge bouquet of flowers on the bed and hands Gibbs the delivery note to sign. Gibbs frowns as he signs the delivery note. He wonders who would have sent him flowers. He thinks that it could be the Director since he had not come to see them.

"Thank you, have a good day. " The messenger says as he walks out of the room.

Just then Leslie walks out of the bathroom. Her left arm is in a sling. She is dressed in a pair of jeans and a form hugging red top. She is bushing her hair and this completely distracts Gibbs.

"Flowers, Who are they from?" Leslie says as she moves closer to the bouquet. As she bends forward to smell the flowers Gibbs gets a good look at her butt. Oh, Does she know what she is doing to me? Gibbs wonders as he takes few breathes to recover his composure. He feels like a 16 year old staring at his first crush.

Leslie goes back into the bathroom and Gibbs removes the card from the bouquet. It reads,

"The redhead saved you last time but this time you will die. Goodbye Agent Gibbs." Gibbs realizes that there must be something in the flowers, most likely a bomb. He grabs the bouquet and rushes to the window. He looks out of the fourth story window and is glad to note that it is too early for the other patients to be out and about. Leslie sees him rush to the window with the bouquet and she follows behind him and asks, "What!…" "Help me to open this window, Hurry." Gibbs shouts as he struggles to open the window and hold onto the bouquet. Leslie gets the window open and as Gibbs throws the bouquet out of the window and turns and grabs Leslie, a loud explosion blows the windows out. Gibbs falls across Leslie and as she is thrown to the ground she hits her head on the floor and blacks out. Gibbs shields her body and face with his body as glass and debris fly all around them. The sound and impact of the explosion aggravates Gibbs' concussion and he passes out.

Tony has just parked the car and he and McGee are on their way to the hospital entrance. "I think that we should keep Gibbs in the front of the car and Leslie in the back seat with you or they will most like chew each other's heads off. I have never seen anyone challenge Gibbs the way Leslie does and I have never seen any one get away with it the way Leslie does."

"Why does Gibbs allow…," McGee was saying as a loud explosion is heard. Tony and McGee bend down for cover as they draw their guns. They look around and then see flowers raining down. "That's Gibbs's room," Tony shouts as he gets up and starts to run into the hospital with McGee following closely behind him.