- Text Size +
"Time to go people," Fornell says as he walks into the room later that afternoon followed by two nurses with wheelchairs and four FBI officers.

"Great," Gibbs says as he cautiously gets off the bed.

Leslie sits up slowly. The nurses helped her to clean up earlier and she feels a bit more like herself. She is still shaky but she will not let any of them see it. She makes sure however not to move her head suddenly. She is also not sure of how to proceed with Gibbs and she seems to blush every time she looks at him.

"I'll walk." Gibbs says.

"No, you'll sit in that chair so that we can get out of here as quickly as possible. Leslie, you too." Fornell insists. Gibbs looks over at Leslie and knows that she would have a hard time walking so he gives in without further delay. He is also uncomfortable with her continued reluctance to look at him or talk to him. Every time he looks at her she averts her eyes and starts to blush and this has Ducky looking dagger at him.

Gibbs, Fornell, Jones and McGee travel in one car while Leslie, Ducky, Tony and Miller travel in a second car.

"We are taking two different routes to get to the house on Stratman Road. We will drive around for 30 minutes before heading there. You know the drill." Fornell tells Gibbs. The sun is already setting. Gibbs is concerned about Leslie and he wants to speak to her in private. She seems so distant and vulnerable that he feels the need to put her at ease.

Leslie is leaning her head back on the seat with her eyes closed. The drama of the last few days has caught up to her and she is exhausted and angry. She also feels like she has lost her equilibrium with Gibbs. She knows that they kissed but she does not remember who started it or if she acted inappropriately. She decides that the best way to resolve this is to speak to him, hopefully without blushing.

The house is small more like an apartment. As they get inside they realize that it has only one bedroom, a lounge and kitchen.

"Fornell, is this your idea of a joke?" Gibbs demands.

"No joke Gibbs. We wanted a safe compact place without any hiding places and this is the best that we could do."

"If that's the case then we can just all go to my place." Gibbs scowls.

"Leslie, why don't you go into the bedroom and lie down dear." Ducky says

"No, I'm okay Ducky. Gibbs can have the room and I'll use the couch."

"No, Ducky, take her to the room."

"Gibbs I am not a child that I need to be taken anywhere." Leslie stares Gibbs down at last without blushing. "Fornell what security measures have you put in place and Tony who from NCIS is staying with us tonight."

"mmm" Fornell says as he looks at Leslie and then at Gibbs.

"Well, do you people know or else give me my gun and I'll take care of myself!" Leslie snaps. Gibbs realizes that Leslie has had a long day and nods to them to proceed.

"There are 4 agents on the perimeter and Tony will be staying inside with you tonight. Dr Mallard you can give them any medication that is necessary and then I'll drive you home."

"No medication for me. I need all my wits about me." Leslie states as she finally sits down. "And Fornell do we get any dinner. I'm starving." Leslie sighs.

Pizza and sodas are ordered. Leslie and Gibbs eat is silence.

"Leslie, we need to talk." Gibbs says when he notices that everyone else is otherwise occupied.

"Yeah, after supper I'll wait for you in the room and don't you go getting any ideas." Leslie replies.

"Yes mam." Gibbs replies trying very hard to sound serious. Leslie just glares at him.

I hope that we only kissed and nothing else, she thinks to herself.

"Ducky, both of them are too high strung. You need to give them something to calm them down and so that they will have a good nights rest." Fornell whispers to Ducky.

"For once I agree with you and it is already taken care of." Ducky whispers back as he looks at the coffee that Gibbs and Leslie are drinking.

"I'll be right back." Leslie says as she makes her way to the bedroom.

I feel so wobbly. Damn it what's going on here? Leslie thinks as she sits down abruptly on the bed. She lies back for a second and is immediately asleep.

"Leslie, Are you okay?" Gibbs calls from the kitchen. "I'll just go and check on her," he says as he finishes his coffee in one long swallow. "Worst damn coffee I've ever had." he grimaces.

As he stands up and makes his way to the bedroom he feels lightheaded. He sees Leslie lying on the bed and barely makes it to the bed. He sits down next to her and sees Ducky standing in the doorway. Ducky says, "Lie back Gibbs and go to sleep."

"Ducky, what have you…." Gibbs mumbles as he falls asleep next to Leslie. Ducky and Tony tuck Gibbs and Leslie into bed and Ducky leaves with Fornell. Tony makes himself comfortable on the couch and they all spend and uneventful night in the safe house.

The next morning Gibbs wakes up to find a wealth of red hair tickling his face. He sighs and looks into the Leslie's sleeping face and he can not resist kissing her forehead and caressing her back. She is lying on her side with her head on his shoulder and her leg draped over his. She sighs and turns her head up to his seeking lips. As their lips lock Gibbs gives into the burning eager his had since the previous day and he immediately deepens the kiss. Leslie wakes ups to an incredible sensation of being held and kissed. At first she thinks that she is dreaming but as the kiss becomes more demanding and as the caressing hand start moving restlessly across her body, she comes fully awake. She allows herself one more moment of Gibb's delicious lips and then she pulls away abruptly.

"Why does that always happen when I am not fully aware?" She says as she tries to catch her breath.

"Are you fully aware now?" Gibbs asks as he tries to rein in his passion.

"Yes, Why?" Leslie asks suspiciously.

"Good, so can we continue?" Gibbs asks as he leans closer to her.

"What!" Leslie is shocked, surprised, delighted.

"Leslie, I don't know what is happening but I am willing to explore it and see where it leads. How about you?"

Leslie stares at Gibbs. She is dumbstruck at the way Gibbs is acting. He is totally out of character. Instead of holding back and being aloof and cryptic he is saying out right that he wants to continue kissing her and that sends an amazing thrill through her whole body.

"Leslie?" Gibbs asks a bit unsure now. "I know that this is sudden but I also know that you enjoyed it just as much as I did."

"Yes, there's no doubt about that. But Gibbs, you are my Boss and … and I do not want the others to think that I am getting special treatment, although …"

"Although…?" Gibbs asks hopefully.

"Although.." Leslie says as she leans into Gibbs. "Ah Gibbs, you are irresistible." She says as she kisses him. She feels his smiling lips and she smiles back.

When they break apart, Gibbs says, "So does that mean that we're on?"

"Oh, we are on, But remember that we also work together so there will have to… Don't ….Stop." Leslie says. Gibbs has started kissing her cheek and her neck.

"You want me to stop?" He asks as he looks expectantly at her.

She pulls him by his collar and says, "I said Don't Stop." And she kisses him passionately.