- Text Size +
"McGee, are you sure that you saw what you think you saw?" Abby asks as they sift through the evidence from the explosion.

"Abby, they were on the floor, in each others arms, kissing to the point of not even being aware that we had entered the room." McGee replies.

"Wow."

"So that's why there is all this tension between the two of them," Ducky says as he walks further into the lad.

"Dr Mallard we were not …."McGee starts nervously.

"Relax Timothy. I will not say anything but this explains the looks that have been flying between Jethro and Leslie. I have not seen him so off balance in a long time. And poor Leslie must be confused since she is new here and she would not know if Jethro behaves in this manner with all new agents. This reminds of the time…."

"Ah, Ducky, McGee do you want to know what I've got so far?" Abby asks as she smoothly cuts off Ducky's story.

"Oh yes, that will be the first thing Jethro will ask about."

"Time to rise and shine Boss, Leslie." Tony says as he stands in the doorway to their room.

"Oh, not again. When you kids are done, will you meet us out here for breakfast?" He says as he turns away abruptly after seen the two of them kissing again.

"DiNozzo, watch it." Gibbs shouts as Leslie pulls away from him.

What is going on with them? Are they becoming serious or is it just the tension of this whole sordid situation. Gibbs smiling, Gibbs kissing, Gibbs showing emotions other than annoyance and anger. This is too weird.

"Oh Gibbs. We've got to stop. I would not want to tax DiNozzo's imagination about what we have been up to." Leslie says as she gets up and makes her way to the bathroom. Gibbs follows her with his eyes and he wonders where this attraction will lead.

Breakfast is uneventful and soon Ducky arrives with McGee.

"Good morning, how are you feeling and how did you sleep?" Ducky asks all bright and cheerful.

"Don't do that again Ducky. I need to have all my wits about me at a time like this." Gibbs warns.

"Yes, Jethro but you would be of no use to anyone if you are not well rested and healed."

"Well thank you Ducky. I feel much better this morning." Leslie smiles.

"Tony, I'll take over until tonight." McGee says as Tony gathers his stuff. Tony nods back to him.

"McGee has Abby got anything for us? Gibbs asks.

"It was an ammonium nitrate and diesel solution with a timer. It was activated by a remote device which had to be within a 100metre radius of the bomb. The solution on the flowers was diesel. We have an identikit of the messenger and Fornell's men are tracking him down. The strange thing is that the messenger did not have the flowers with him when he entered the hospital and then when he got to your floor he had the flowers. We noticed an interchange between the messenger and a tall, dark haired man in the reception area and I think that this guy organized the flowers. Unfortunately we do not have a picture of his face as his back was to the camera at all times." McGee concludes as he hands over a picture to Gibbs. Leslie leans over Gibbs' shoulder to have a look. An intimate look passes between Leslie and Gibbs and everyone notices it.

"Has Abby got a DNA match yet?" Leslie asks.

"No, Not yet."

"Tony go home, We'll see you later." Gibbs says and Tony leaves.

"Ok McGee let's go. You can drop me off at home. Ducky and I will go to the lab using my car. I want you to take Leslie home so that she can freshen up and stay with her until this afternoon."

"Gibbs it's too soon," Ducky says as Leslie interrupts.

"What? I'll go home and freshen up and meet you at the lab."

"Excuse me, but Fornell said…" McGee tried to interrupt.

"I'm taking over this investigation. So Fornell can pull his team out right now. Leslie, you need to rest so I'll see you later in the …"

"Forget it Gibbs. I'm going back to work today. Are we ready to go?" Leslie says as she stands up and makes her ways to the door.

Damn stubborn woman. How am I supposed to concentrate on the case if I have to keep an eye on her Gibbs scowls.

"Agent Fornell, Agents Gibbs and Burnett have just left the safe house." Agent Miller says.

"What? Where the hell are they going? Why didn't you stop them? Ah never mind." Fornell says as he runs a hand over his face and admits that it would be very hard for any one to stand in Gibbs's way. "Stick with Agent Gibbs as he is the primary target. Call me as soon as you know where they are going and then keep them there until I get there."

How dare he try to pull me off the case? He needs me to keep an eye on him. Doesn't he see that? Leslie wonders as they drive to Gibbs place in silence.

They drop Gibbs and Ducky off and proceed to Leslie's apartment.

"Agent Fornell, Agent Gibbs is at his house with Dr Mallard. Agent Burnett has left with one of the NCIS agents. I'm sending Jones after her."

"Okay, I'll be there shortly. Don't let Gibbs leave do you hear me." Fornell says as he hangs up and makes his way to Gibb's home.

"Jethro, what is going on between Leslie and you?" Ducky asks as soon as they enter the house.

"Nothing for you to be concerned about Ducky." Gibbs replies.

"Oh, from what I've been hearing…"

"Who has been talking? If they don't have enough to work on I can find them some more to keep their minds occupied." Gibbs snaps.

"A little too defensive wouldn't you say Jethro." Ducky says as Gibbs glares at him. "Just don't get involved in something that you are not ready for and do not hurt Agent Burnett." Ducky says as Gibbs proceeds to the shower.

"McGee, I'll only be a few minutes." Leslie calls out as she makes her way to the bathroom. "Make yourself at home."

Nice apartment McGee thinks. And she's into boats just like Gibbs McGee observes as he notices 4 boat models on her wall unit.

Leslie has a quick shower and wears a black tracksuit as it is loose and more comfortable than an office suit. Her head is throbbing and her shoulder is tender but she refuses to give in. She ties her hair back in a loose plait and makes her way back to McGee.

Knock, Knock

"Are you expecting anybody?" McGee whispers. "No." Leslie mouths as she removes her spare gun from a drawer. They frame the door and then Leslie calls out, "Who is it?"

Suddenly there is gun fire and the front door is blown open. Leslie and McGee roll out of the way. Two masked men enter the apartment. McGee tries to stop them and shoots one of them in the hip. The other guy grabs Leslie and starts to drag her out of the room. She kicks and screams and he knocks her out. Then he turns to McGee and says, "Give Special Agent Gibbs a message. I will call him with a location. I want him in exchange for her and if he brings company she's dead." Then he shoots his partner dead. "And you better stay where you are or else you'll be dead too."