- Text Size +
"Gibbs what the hell do you think you are doing?" Fornell says as he enters Gibbs' house. "Why did you leave the safe house. We have not been able to trace the messenger yet and now you've exposed yourself again."

"Tobias, he wants me, so here I am. Let him come and get me. I'm not hiding any more and I won't let my team put themselves in danger while I sit back safe and cozy some place." Gibbs replies as his raises his voice.

"We're going to the lab now. You coming?" Gibbs says as he and Ducky walk out of the house.

"Damn it, what's going on?" Jones says as he sees a man carrying an unconscious Leslie out to the parking lot. Jones approaches the guy with his gun drawn and says, "FBI, Let the lady go."

"Okay," The perpetrator says as he suddenly turns around and shoots Jones in the leg. He than dumps Leslie unceremoniously into a 4x4 Jeep and drives off just as McGee reaches Jones side.

"Did you get the plates, Jones?" McGee asks as he starts dialing on his mobile phone.

"Yes, Omega, Bravo, Alpha….. aaaammmmm.."

"Go on Jones, I'm calling the paramedics. You're going to be fine."

"682 Nevada"

"Good job, Jones. Yes I have an officer down at……" McGee tells the 911 operator.

"Abby," Gibbs says as he hands her a large caf-paw.

"Gibbs, you're okay and you thought of me. Thanks boss man." She says as she pecks him quickly on the cheek.

"DiNozzo, what are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to followup on what Abby has so far and I needed to pick up some stuff." Tony says as he starts to make his way out of the lab.

"I also need to check in on Master Jimmy and make sure that all is in order in autopsy." Ducky says as he follows Tony out.

As they wait for the elevator, Tony's cellphone rings.

"DiNozzo!"

"Tony," McGee says as Jones continues to groan in the back ground.

"What are you up to Probie and who's the screamer? I hope it's not Leslie else Gibbs is gonna to kill you." Tony grins as he looks at a perplexed Ducky.

"That's Agent Jones and his been shot."

"What!" Tony sobers immediately. "What's happened McGee? Where are you?"

"I'm at Leslie's place and Gibbs is going to kill me because Leslie's been kidnapped."

"What? How? When?" Tony practically shouts.

"Two men broke into her place and the leader knocked her out and then he shot his partner dead. As he got to the car, he shot Agent Jones."

"Did you recognize him? Did he say who he is and what he wants?" Tony asks urgently.

"He had on a ski mask. We were able to get the plates on the Jeep he drove off in. He said that he would call Gibbs with a location later today and he will release Leslie in exchange for Gibbs."

"What is it Anthony?" Ducky asks anxiously.

"Agent Jones has been shot and Leslie's been kidnapped."

"Oh, my God." Ducky says as her looks at Gibbs through the glass doors of the lab.

"Give me the plates details. I'll get Abby to run it and don't speak to Gibbs until I call you back. Also have the dead guy sent to us asap so that we can identify him." Tony says. He jots down the details and hangs up.

"Okay Ducky, this is what we will do. I will get Abby to run the plates for us and we will pretend that everything is okay."

"What do we say when Gibbs asks about Leslie and McGee."

"We'll say that McGee called to say that Leslie has a headache. She's taken some medication and has decided to stay at home. McGee has decided to stay with her and make sure that she is okay."

"Okay, Good. What do we do if Gibbs decides that he wants to go and see Leslie to make sure that she is okay?"

"I don't know Ducky. You will have to stall him or sedate him or something. He is going to furious when he finds out but he is no shape to sort this out on his own."

"Finds out what?" Fornell asks as he comes out of the lab.

"Jones has been shot and Leslie's been kidnapped?" Tony tells Fornell and then he tells him of their plan to keep Gibbs in the dark until they have more to go on.

Jones is taken to the hospital and Jimmy meets McGee at Leslie's apartment so that they can start processing the scene.

"Hey, this guy is the messenger that delivered the flowers." McGee says as he removes the dead man's ski mask.

When Gibbs returns to the bullpen, Ducky tells him that Leslie has decided to rest at home and that McGee is with her. Gibbs finds it strange that she would stay at home after adamantly insisting that she would be at the office.

"Is she okay?" Gibbs asks.

"Oh yes, just has a severe headache which she has decided to sleep off."

"I think that I'll give her a call."

‘No!" Ducky shouts. Gibbs looks at Ducky suspiciously and questioningly.

"No, Jethro the lady is probably asleep by now and you will just be disturbing her by calling now. You should give her a few hours and call later this afternoon. How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine and don't even think about giving anything to knock me out." Gibbs says with a pointed look to Ducky.

"I wouldn't dream of doing that to you dear boy," Ducky says as he thinks, unless it is absolutely necessary.

Aaammmm My head. What's going on? Leslie wonders as she starts to come too. So cold, where am I? She lies still and listens for a second. Everything is quiet except for the sound of dripping water. She opens her eyes slowly and looks around. The room is small, dimly lit, damp and cold. She notices that her clothes are damp as the floor is covered in water. She also notices a table, chair, wash basin and a cupboard against the wall. She pushes herself into a sitting position and winces as the room starts to spin. She closes her eyes for a few seconds until the dizzy spell passes. As she tries to stand up she realizes that her leg is shackled to the wall. She swears and curses and fights another dizzy spell. Calm down Leslie, think! Damn it. Think she admonishes herself.