- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Inspired by a line from "Singled Out" and a variation of that is in here.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony has a secret girlfriend

"Why won't you tell us about your secret girlfriend, Tony?" McGee asked.


"He told me it was complicated, Tim." Ziva explained.


Tony sighed and stood up from his chair. "See you two tomorrow."


He was tired of them asking about his personal life. Sure he used to broadcast everything far and wide, but things had changed. Gibbs had left and he had stepped up as team leader. He learned to leave his personal life somewhat at the door when he walked in. No more bragging about his dates and love life. Of course, there was also the fact that Tim and Ziva loved to tease him about being "Gibbs-like" and if they met the woman he was seeing, they would run it into the ground.


~*~*~Flashback~*~*~


He had just come back from vacation. He had no food at his place and he needed to stock up on some frozen pizzas. As he rounded the corner his cart crashed into hers. He looked up to apologize and was caught by her lovely gray eyes. She smiled at him, "Are you ok?" she asked.


"Sure, are you?" smooth DiNozzo, real smooth.


"I'm fine, thank you." She backed up to go around him and he couldn't just let her pass.


"My name's Tony."


"Summer." was her reply.


All his glib lines flew out his head as he watched her knowing she was expecting one.


"What can I do to convince you I'm not a crazy stalker and you would have a great time going out with me?"


Summer smiled again. Her response surprised him.


"Your name and address. I can have a friend of mine check you out and if you come back clean, I'll call you."


Tony had agreed, thinking she wouldn't call but she did call just a few days later. He had been invited to her house for dinner. When he arrived, he was greeted by another surprise. A cop was coming out the front door as he got to it. Summer was standing in the doorway with a little boy that had her red hair.


"Bye Joe." She said and then she turned to him. "My friend that checked you out." And she nodded towards the cop. "This is Danny, my son."


Surprisingly, Tony didn't head for the hills when she made that announcement. He looked at the little guy who had to be around five and stuck his hand out. "Nice to meet you Danny, my name's Tony."


Danny shook his hand and the held it as he led Tony into the house. Summer had cooked lasagna and made a salad. Tony just felt right with the two of them and asked them to go to the movies with him on the weekend. Summer glanced at Danny and he nodded his head.


"We'd love to." She told Tony.


~*~*~End Flashback~*~*~


That dinner had been over a month ago and he was still getting to know Summer and Danny. He was whistling as he rang the doorbell. When Summer answered, he brought the flowers around for her and she smiled up at him. Taking the flowers and his hand, she led him into the house to have dinner with her and Danny.

Chapter End Notes:
Inspired by a line from "Singled Out" and a variation of that is in here.