- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Summer's POV

Summer was in the kitchen getting the lasagna ready for tonight's date with Tony. Danny wasn't due back from kindergarten for another half hour. As she layered all the ingredients in the pan and put it in the oven to cook, she thought back to how they first met.



~*~Flashback~*~



She looked at her watch and realized she was running behind to pick up Danny from his grandparents. Pushing her cart around the corner, she collided with a man that was too handsome for words. He looked up at her and she asked if he was ok. He assured her he was and asked if she was ok also.



She started to walk around him when he introduced himself. Summer could tell by his look he thought he was a charmer. She gave him her first name and then he shocked her. He asked what he could do to prove he wasn't crazy. When she asked for his name and number, he handed her a business card that read "Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo, NCIS".



Going home that night, she called Joe after getting Danny settled. Joe had been Dan's best friend and kept an eye on them since Dan had been killed on the job. She asked him to run a check on Tony DiNozzo and he called her back the next day. Mr. DiNozzo turned out to be clean as a whistle and a federal agent to boot. Two days later, she called him back.



"DiNozzo." He had answered.



"Tony? This is Summer." She said hesitantly.



"Hello." She could hear the surprise in his voice. "Does this call mean you've decided to have dinner with me?" The surprise had been replaced with hope.



She had laughed over the phone and said, "That's what it means. But I would like to cook you dinner, if that's alright?"

"All right? That's terrific. When did you have in mind?"



"Tomorrow, around 7:00?" she suggested.



"Tomorrow at 7:00 it is." They had hung up the phone without her saying one word about Danny. That was the real test. If a man wanted to go out with her, he had to meet her son. She didn't intentionally leave out Danny, but since she hadn't mentioned him this would be a good way to see if Mr. Handsome beyond words was too good to be true.



She cooked lasagna that night as well. She could tell that he was surprised to meet Danny but he treated him well and they got along great. Tony had even played Super Heroes with Danny.



They ended up going to the movies on the weekend and had a wonderful time there as well. The following week, Summer told Tony that if he felt like it he could join them for dinner in the evenings after work, so he did. Several times, he had been called away, but he would call later to let her know everything was all right. Some of her friends thought it was strange that they were getting involved so quickly, but to the two of them it felt right.



~*~End Flashback~*~



So tonight, he was coming over for lasagna again. She had added extra cheese to this one because they liked it better that way. She heard the horn of the bus beep and went outside to watch Danny run up the sidewalk. "Is Tony coming over tonight?" he asked excitedly.



"Yes he is." She told him.



"Yay!"



Tony brought her flowers but halfway through the meal he got called away. Later that night after Danny was asleep he called her again to let her know all was well. She smiled and slept peacefully after that.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



The next day was Saturday. Summer and Danny were shopping at their local super center looking for the new movie that Danny kept telling her he had to have.



"There it is, Mommy." He said pointing to a set of Magnum P.I. DVDs. "That's what