- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gabby
"I was lost without you." Gibbs and Abby said at the same time, finally getting those feelings in the open.



They stared into each other's eyes both feeling too much emotion to put into words. Abby looked out the window to the dark still outside. "We'll be going to work in a few hours." She said but it was more of a question about his intentions.



"Yes, we will be." He said.



Kissing his chest, Abby propped her head on his chest and asked outright, "You're really back? For good? This hasn't been just a temporary thing right? You're staying no matter what?"



"No matter what Abs. I'm staying here, with you, with the team too but especially with you."



Abby pulled his head down to hers and kissed him. She was telling him with her lips, hands and body how she loved him and how much she had missed him, missed them since he left. These last few months without his arms had been torture. These last several weeks spending time with him but not touching had been miserable as well.



She pulled back from the kiss and rose up over him just a little bit more. "I have something I need to tell you."



He reached his hand down and covered her waist. "You've changed a bit since I left town."



Uncertain once more, Abby nodded. "The team thinks I've gained weight because of all the candy and junk food I've been eating. No one has put anything together any further than I've wanted them too."



"The night before the explosion?" Gibbs asked.



"I think so." She told him.



"Five months already?"



"My doctor says that everything is fine. The first ultrasound came back great. The baby is developing right on schedule. Some women just don't gain a lot of weight." She shrugged then her eyes lit up. "Would you like to see?"



"See?"



"I have the pictures in my wallet." She hopped out of bed and looked around before remembering her bag was downstairs. Pulling him out of bed first, she threw him his boxers and pulled on his t-shirt. Just as he pulled the boxers into place, she grabbed his hand again and took her with him downstairs. Rummaging around in her bag, she pulled out her wallet and carefully took out the ultrasound pictures she had folded and placed in a secret compartment Tony didn't know about. She gave them to Gibbs and watched him as he looked at the pictures.



His eyes moved over each one before looking at her questioningly. "Oh right." She said and pointed out, "This is the baby's head. And this one is the spine. See how it looks like pearls? I never liked pearls until I saw this picture." She smiled at him, still not sure how he was taking this. "Well, this is the foot, can you tell?"



"It's tiny." He said sounding choked up.



"Right, well this was done at three and a half months. My doctor has been pleased with how I've been doing so far." He was still staring at the pictures. "Gibbs, talk to me?"



"Do you know if the baby is a boy or a girl?"



"Not yet. I have another ultrasound scheduled in two weeks just to make sure everything is ok. Since I haven't gained that much weight yet, the doctor wants to be extra cautious."



Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath before reaching out blindly to pull her to him. She went into his arms willingly and his held her tight, one hand fisted in her hair as he kissed her neck.



"Abby?"



Breath unsteady and knees weak, Abby replied, "Yes, Gibbs?"



"You are incredible. You are beautiful and I love you Abigail Sciuto."



Squeezing him tight, knowing he was all right with this, Abby kissed him soundly on the lips. "I love you Leroy Jethro Gibbs. And our baby is going to love you too.