- Text Size +

Ziva was at her desk running down information on her computer for the case they were working. Yawning, she stretched and looked around the bullpen. No one had noticed that she wasn't completely focused on her work. Keeping a straight face, she smiled inside as she thought of the previous evening and how surprisingly wonderful it had been.


~*~ Flashback~*~


Her date was nervous, but then most men were around her. He picked her up promptly at seven and had refused to let her drive to the restaurant. She had tried to assure him her driving had improved but the look he flashed her told her he knew otherwise. Ever the gentleman, he opened doors for her and held her chair while she seated herself. Impressed, she decided to tell him it was nice to be treated that way. Most people who looked at her just saw an Israeli or a Mossad agent working in America. But not him. He seemed extremely determined to show her that wasn't how he saw her.


~~~~~~~~~~~~


The first time he had come close to asking her on a date, she laughed it off, thinking it was a joke. The more they spoke with each other over the passing days, the more she realized he had been serious. She found she was curious about his reasons for asking her out, but she couldn't ask him without making it seem she was interested. So, she ignored it, knowing that if he came to her again and asked, she would say yes.


Over a month passed by before he brought it up again. It was after work and it had been a bad case. Gibbs had run them ragged trying to catch a killer before he struck again. Seeing the first victim first hand, Ziva hadn't been able to blame him. As she told herself she would, she said yes when he asked her out. That had been three days ago and their first date had been last night.


~*~End Flashback~*~


Ziva smiled at her thoughts, but Tony thought she had a hit on the case they were working. He started picking on her for being distracted when he realized the smile wasn't work related. Ziva laughed inside at that. Little did he know that her smile was work related. And wouldn't he be very surprised to know the source of that smile was the quiet man working away on his computer at the desk next to Tony's.


Without being obvious, Ziva watched McGee work. Yes, Tim had surprised her and she definitely liked it.

Chapter End Notes:
just another secret relationship