- Text Size +

Tony watched McGee and Ziva closely the next day. He began to notice small details in the way they would act. Ziva would walk by McGee's desk and glance over at him just with her eyes, but it would be enough to make Tim smile a little before he schooled his features. McGee would say something about the case and Ziva's whole body seemed to go on alert when he started talking.


Still disbelieving, he thought he would put it to the test. He waited until they were both heading to the elevator and ran to join them. They stood on either side of him, but in the small space but he could feel tension in the air. Not looking at them over his shoulders was easy; he could see their reflections in the metal doors.


"McGee, did you ever watch that movie I let you borrow?" Tony asked.


McGee looked down and then over towards Ziva. "Not yet."


Smart, he goes with the truth on that one, Tony thought. "You think I could stop by and pick it up tonight? I've been wanting to let Summer watch that movie."


"Uh, tonight?" McGee stuttered.


"What's wrong, Probie, you got a hot date or something?"


McGee stared straight ahead and for the moment, Tony thought he wouldn't take the bait. "As a matter of fact, I do Tony."


Ziva stared straight ahead staying out of the conversation and the doors slid open.


"Wouldn't happen to involve silk scarves would it?" Tony asked, not knowing he was hitting the proverbial nail on the head.


Total silence reigned and he turned to see Ziva and McGee staring at each other in total shock. Tony's eyes widened, "You didn't really tie her up? And you don't really scream…" he trailed off. "Nah, man, you guys aren't…"


They turned to look at Tony, stricken that they had been found out. Surprisingly enough, Tony didn't laugh or look sick. He turned serious and offered advice.


"Keep it to yourselves and outside of work. Gibbs doesn't like his rules broken."


Tony walks off muttering to himself about not being able to believe it. Ziva and Tim are whispering frantically trying to figure out how he knows what happened.


Tony gets back at his desk and smiles. Oh, the fun he could have with this.


Ziva and Tim are still whispering, walking slowly to their desks. Gibbs walks up behind them. "I don't remember there being any scarves taken into evidence."


~Calalily~