- Text Size +

Tomorrow. Carly thought. I was going to ask Jet about "Kelly" tomorrow. It was now a month later. She was still halfway staying with him and hadn't asked him yet.



Flashback – three and a half weeks earlier



Carly hung up the phone and looked over at Abby. "They're finished with my apartment."



Abby looked up and said, "You don't want to go back, do you?"



"Not really," Carly admitted, shaking her head. "For many reasons really."



Nodding in understanding, Abby's eyes darted away from Carly and she stood up. "I'm going to get a Caff-Pow, want a coffee?"



Already distracted with work and other thoughts, Carly didn't notice Abby's quick retreat when she said, "No thank you."



Carly was reading some test results when two hands settled on her shoulders. From the way they held her, she knew who it was.



"Hello Gibbs." She said using his last name since they were at work.



"Carly." Gibbs replied, kissing the top of her head. When she looked up, he asked, "Your apartment has been cleaned?"



"Yes. They just called and told me."



He turned her around in her chair and just looked at her. When he didn't say anything, Carly smiled at him. "It will be good to get back to my place." When Gibbs still said nothing, Carly added, "I've just gotten the results back on those fingerprints. They belong to the suspect you have in custody. Abby was running the blood tests and they should be finished before long."



Kissing her cheek as he did with Abby, Gibbs walked out saying, "Good work, Carly."



* * * * * *



Carly was roaming around her apartment later that night feeling a little edgy. It was the first time she had been back since being held captive. She jumped when someone knocked on her door. Trying to calm her nerves she checked the peephole before throwing the door open.



"Jet! What are you doing here?" She asked.



"You really thought I'd make you stay your first night back alone?"



She noticed the small overnight bag he was holding and the clothes he had slung over his shoulder. Smiling at him, she stepped back to let him in. "A sleepover? I haven't had a sleepover in a long time."



He gave her a long look before replying, "As long as you know I'm sleeping with you."



Locking her door, she then walked over to take his bag and kissed him. "As long as you know I wouldn't let you sleep anywhere else."



End Flashback



And that had started a trend for them. They'd spend some nights at her apartment and some nights at his house. In all that time, she still hadn't gotten the nerve up to ask him who Kelly was. Something in the way Abby avoided her questions and Jet never mentioned it told her it would not be a happy story.