- Text Size +
Chapter Eight

"Alessandra, wake up," said Tony as he nudged her in an attempt to wake her up. She was fast asleep. He couldn't leave her here alone, and if he was late for work Gibbs would kill him. There was only one thing left to do. He pinched her nose so she couldn't breathe, and it worked. She woke up, gasping for breath. She wasn't very happy, but at least she was up. "Sorry, I couldn't be late for work, and you have to come." Alessandra rubbed her eyes and stretched her back and legs out before she looked at the time. It was 7:00. She wasn't used to getting up until at least 9:30. As she got out of bed, she stepped on something soft.
"Kenny!" She grabbed Kenny and took him into the living room. Tony looked at her, then Kenny. He had never seen a grown woman carry around a soft toy like she did with Kenny.
"Alessandra, do you mind if I ask, what's with the toy?" said Tony, trying not to offend her.
"What, you don't like South Park?" Alessandra joked. Tony smiled. He could tell there was something that she wasn't telling him, but he decided not to worry about it. He would find out a different way.
"How do you take your coffee?"
"White, with 2 sugars, and added cocoa would be nice" Alessandra placed Kenny down on the table and got up to get her coffee. She reached her arm out to grab the mug, but Tony didn't see her.
"AAAAAAHHH," Alessandra screamed as scolding hot coffee covered her only pair of clothes. Tony couldn't help but laugh. Alessandra started laughing too. "Oh crap. I don't have any spare clothes."
"Well, you are going to have to borrow some of mine," Tony laughed
Alessandra groaned and giggled at the same time. She was going to meet new people, wearing Tony's clothes.
She picked out a white, long-sleeved polo. She left the top 4 buttoned undone and pulled it so it hung over one shoulder. She found a pair of black gym shorts and rolled them up a bit so they were shorter, but still covering the bruises on her legs. Finally, she grabbed a black belt and buckled it around her waist.
"How do I look" Tony looked her up and down and smiled. "Actually, don't answer that. At least my shoes are fine" Alessandra joked. Tony grabbed his bag and Alessandra grabbed Kenny and they were off.

Chapter Nine

"Alessandra," Kate yelled across the room as she walked in.
"Kate," Alessandra was equally surprised to see her, as she greeted her with a big hug.
"It's been too long, how are you holding up?" Kate seemed very happy to see Alessandra.
"Ok, I guess. It's not something that you can just get over?"
"You still have Kenny" she said while looking down.
"Yeah," Alessandra smiled.
"Do you two know each other, or are you like this to everyone you meet," Tony asked Alessandra, as he thought there was no point in asking Kate. She wouldn't talk to him, but he was wrong.
"Alessandra grew up next to my house. Her and her sisters used to hang around all the time. We haven't seen each other in 2 years," Kate avoided eye contact while talking to him, but at least it was a start.
"Come on, there is someone I want you to meet."
"DiNozzo," shouted Gibbs as Kate and Alessandra disappeared into the elevator. "I told you she wasn't to leave the house."
"Sorry boss, but I think we can cross her off the suspect list. Petty Officer Winchester's killer came back for her last night." Gibbs looked slightly shocked.
"Get your things. We have to go back to her house and see if we missed anything. Everything is evidence, including everything at the safe house."
"Sure thing boss, just let me take care of one thing first" Tony ran off.
"McGee, you stay here and run a background check on Alessandra. Anything you can dig up that could lead us to the murderer"
"On it, Boss".

"So, you two have known each other since Alessandra could talk, and I have never heard anything about you until now," Abby was confused.
"Well, what was I supposed to say about her," Kate questioned Abby.
"I see your point. And I totally dig your threads Alice"
"Nobody has called me that since grade 3," Alessandra laughed "But thanks. They're not mine, they're Tony's. He spilt coffee on my only pair of clothes. At least Kenny's fine." Abby didn't ask. She could tell that she was emotionally attached to him, but she didn't ask why.
"How do you like staying with Tony," Abby asked.
"He's great. He is really nice to me."
"Well, he is a nice guy," Kate replied as Abby shot her a 'he is standing right behind you and I thought you hated him look'.
"Kate, I need to speak to you for a moment," Tony called out from the door.
"I'll be one second."

Kate walked over to the door and Tony pulled her away, into the emergency exit. "Tony, I'm not-"
"I just need to know where I stand," Tony cut her off.
"Excuse me," Kate sounded confused. She was.
"Did it mean anything," Tony asked her, hoping she would say yes.
"Tony, I was really drunk, and I made a mistake. You went along with it and if anyone finds out, especially Gibbs, we will both be out of our jobs. You know how he feels about this."
"Oh, ok." Tony replied, sounding disappointed "And I'm sorry if I hurt you in anyway." He kissed her on the forehead and made his way up the stairs.
"Tony," Kate shouted after him. Tony looked down at Kate. "Don't worry about it. It's not important. Gibbs is probably waiting for you."

Chapter 10

Kate returned to Abby's lab to find Alessandra and Abby, who had just gotten off the phone. Alessandra looked a little happier than Kate had seen her all day. "What did he say that could make you so happy," Kate asked Alessandra.
"Thanks to Abby, I was allowed to call two friends and tell them about what happened. As of tomorrow, I am going on with all my normal everyday activities and we need two people, who I can trust and see almost everyday on the inside. They will be here in a few hours"
"A few hours" Kate sounded shocked, "Why so long?"
"They are catching the first flight down from Connecticut. I was supposed to go up with them, but Jason was coming back so I didn't go."
"I'm so sorry."
"Don't be. You didn't kill him. But you know what the worst part is?" Alessandra's voice got softer, and they could tell she was holding back tears. "A small part of me is glad he is dead. I didn't want this to happen, but when he went out drinking, after all I'd done for him, especially when he was in Iraq he would rather go drinking. Didn't even drop by first to see me. He just came home, drunk, and expected everything to be fine." Abby and Kate just looked at her. They didn't know what to say. What could you say to that?
"Well, everything is going to be fine, you've got us" Abby gave Alessandra a reassuring hug. Alessandra forced a bit of a smile.
"Thanks guys"

Chapter Eleven

As Gibbs walked back into work, he sipped his coffee and noticed 2 girls with a duffle bag at their feet arguing with the receptionist at the front desk. "No, you don't understand. We HAVE to see Alessandra," a gorgeous young blonde argued with the receptionist.
"I'm sorry, but you don't have an appointment."
"We were told that you could direct us to her. We need to see her, it's a matter of life and death here," the beautiful young redhead replied. Gibbs smiled.
"These girls are with me," he told the receptionist. She nodded, and Gibbs picked up the bag and took the girls into the elevator. "You girls must be here to see Alessandra. Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs".
"I'm Annette LaRouge, and this is Natasha Saunderson," the blonde girl said with a smile. Gibbs looked at Natasha. She smiled at him. She looked identical to his Daughter, Kelly, if she were alive. They would be around the same age too.
"Thank you for letting us see Alessandra. She and another girl, I think her name was Abby, told us what happened over the phone. Was Jason really skinned?" Natasha looked worried.
"I'm afraid so," Gibbs replied as the elevator opened.

Only Tony and McGee were in the bullpen. Tony had been back for a while, because Gibbs had dropped him back before he went to get his coffee.
"Hey boss," Tony said quickly as he got up to greet Natasha and Annette "And hello girls, I'm Anthony DiNozzo, but you can call me Tony"
"Hi Tony, I'm Annette, or Annie and this is Natasha. Could you tell us where we could find Alessandra please, she is expecting us."
"They might still be in Abby's lab. I'll call her up for you."

"Alessandra," screamed Natasha as she walked out of the elevator. She ran up to her and gave her a hug. "I'm so sorry, and I brought you some stuff," Natasha handed her the bag.
"Thanks for that, I won't be stuck wearing Tony's clothes for another week," laughed Alessandra.
"Kate? It's great to see you," Annie smiled and gave Kate a hug.
"You know her too?" Tony asked Kate.
"She was Alessandra's best friend. When her sisters ganged up on her she would come over to my house with Annie," Kate informed Tony.
"It's a big reunion, I think I'm going to cry," Joked Tony, pretending to cry. Gibbs slapped him in the back of the head.
"I need you girls to do some undercover work," Gibbs told them.
"What kind of undercover work" Annie sounded exited.
"Alessandra is going to go on with her life as if nothing happened. If we had an agent go undercover with her everywhere, we might raise suspicions. We need you to wear hidden cameras every time you go out with Alessandra and monitor everyone around her. You can't report back here, call or e-mail. We don't know who is watching," Gibbs told the girls.
"Well, Agent Gibbs, does that mean she can come to a party tonight? It's my 22nd, and it's black tie. We won't hang around her for too long or anything, but it's kind of important," Natasha pleaded. She reminded him too much of Kelly to say no.
"Yeah, I suppose," Natasha couldn't contain her excitement.
"Thank you, Agent Gibbs! Do we need cameras or anything? I could get some fitted into the hall we are holding it in by tonight for you," she really wanted to help.
"I was just going to suggest that," said Gibbs, almost calling her Kelly.

Chapter Twelve

Annie and Natasha had left with McGee to go and secure some cameras in the hall, so Kate and Alessandra went back down to see Abby, who was testing evidence found at the safe house.
"Found anything yet,"
"Sorry Alice. Here's Kenny. He missed you" Abby handed Alessandra Kenny.
"Thanks for that," Abby still seemed confused by her attachment to Kenny, but she didn't seem to mind. Kate knew, but Abby wasn't going to ask.
"Alessandra is going to a black tie event tonight, and we need your advice," Kate asked Abby. Abby loved it when people came to her needing advice.
"I don't have anything to wear and my house is off limits," Abby wasn't sure what to say.
"Well, I guess you could buy a dress. I could take you, I am almost done here. I'll just call Gibbs now and ask," Abby picked up the phone. "Gibbs, can I take Alessandra shopping for a dress, she needs one for tonight... Yep... Thanks Gibbs" Abby hung up.
"You're lucky, if I asked he'd say no."
"I guess I just have that effect on people, Kate. Come on Alice, lets go," Alessandra gave Kenny to Kate and they left the lab.
"Well, I guess it's just you and me now Kenny."

Chapter Thirteen

"I hear this place has nice stuff," Abby told Alessandra as they walked into an Oscar de la Renta dress boutique.
"Hey Abby, I think I'll go with a strapless dress, so I can wear my hair out." They grabbed a few dresses for Alessandra to try on. As she tried on the first dress, she asked "Abby, is it just me or is there something going on between Kate and Tony?"
"They didn't talk to each other for a few weeks. Nobody knows why, they don't talk about it. All I know is it started after Valentines Day."
"You don't think that, you know…?"
"No, Kate is too smart for that," Abby informed Alessandra. She walked out of the change room wearing a dark green mermaid style dress. "Umm... try the navy blue. In a different style."
"Is it really that bad," Abby just laughed. "Alright then, I'll try on the blue."
"You seem to really like Tony."
"He's a really nice guy."
"How many times have I heard that?"
"He is more like a body guard or something. How about this one?" She walked out in a navy blue dress with a slit up the middle. Abby caught sight of the bruising on her legs.
"Alice, what's that on your legs," Abby questioned Alessandra.
"Nothing," she tried to cover up, but Abby came and pulled the dress more open to reveal dark bruises covering the inside of her legs.
"Alice, what happened?"
"I fell."
"You fell? You don't get that kind of bruising from a fall. Tell me what really happened."
"I'm not sure. I woke up to find my legs like this two days ago." Abby feared the worse, but she didn't want to make a scene. She would tell her when she got back to the car.
"Try on the black," Abby said, trying to get her mind off of it. She needed to change the subject, so she said the first thing that came to mind.
"So, anyway, what time are you going to that party?"
"Around 7:00."
"You having dinner there."
"Yeah, I think so," Alessandra came out of the dressing room in a black floor length strapless satin dress. Abby smiled. "Yes?"
"You could turn a gay man straight in that dress," Alessandra laughed.
"I'll take that as a yes."
"Definitely."

As they drove back, Abby needed to find a way to tell Alessandra without insulting her. "Sorry about before, with the bruises. I was just worried."
"Well, I swear I don't know where I got them. I just woke up with them."
"That's what I was afraid of."
"Abby, what are you talking about?"
"I don't know how to put this without offending you, so you have to promise you won't get offended," Abby had to make it clear first.
"I won't get offended Abby, trust me. Just tell me, please."
"I don't mean to alarm you, but I think whoever killed Jason may have also raped you." Alessandra's heart skipped a beat. She just looked out the front window, not knowing what to think.
"Promise me you will have a test done when we get back."
"Ok, I will."

Chapter Fourteen

"DiNozzo, you found anything yet," Gibbs asked Tony. They were doing a background check on Alessandra.
"Not yet boss, although, at her house I found a whole other wardrobe. I don't think the boyfriend knew about it, and it was locked with a combination lock. She might be hiding something."
"Do ya think, DiNozzo?" Gibbs turned to McGee. "McGee, are you waiting for an introduction?"
"Sorry boss. I couldn't find anything interesting just a few things from her childhood, like sporting awards and what high school she went to."
"Kate, you better have something worth my time"
"I didn't find anything I didn't already know. Her parents were strict Catholics, and raised her and her twin sister to be that way. They were never home, usually doing something work related. I think her parents were models or something along those lines. I was usually left looking after Alessandra and her twin sister, Kendra, who went missing when they was 13. Nobody has seen or heard anything from her ever since then."
"Kenny. It all makes sense now," whispered Tony
"What are you talking about, DiNozzo?" Gibbs asked Tony.
"You know, the little doll in the orange hooded sweater she carries around. His name is Kenny and he's from a TV show. You ever heard of South Park," Tony looked at Gibbs, who had a confused and slightly annoyed expression on his face. "I thought not. Anyway, she carries him around everywhere and won't leave him anywhere," Kate picked Kenny up off her desk.
"Kendra and Alessandra loved South Park, and they always fought over Kenny. Kendra argued that her name was closer to his, but Alessandra ended up buying him. He was the last one in stock. I can't tell you how many times she told me this story. When Kendra went missing, Alessandra said that Kenny reminded her of her sister. She always said, that if she took him around, it helped her cope with Kendra's disappearance. She just wants closure, she needs to know what happened," Kate explained.
"Why didn't we hear about her sister before," Gibbs looked annoyed.
"She doesn't like talking about it and I didn't think it was relevant."
"From now on, any evidence you find is crucial to solving this case. McGee, check the missing person's file for Kendra Lorrenzo."

Chapter Fifteen

Gibbs, Tony, Kate and McGee were standing in MTAC, about to start monitoring Natasha's party. Alessandra had a GPS chip in her shoe, which enabled them to find her in the crowd more easily. There were six screens up relaying the feed from all six cameras. One monitored the bar, three were in necklaces given to Alessandra, Annie and Natasha and the remaining two were overhead cameras.

Alessandra sat at the bar. She couldn't enjoy the party after what happened with Abby. When she had got back, Ducky told her that because of the bruising on her legs and wrists that there was a high chance that she may have been raped, and most possibly drugged while she was asleep. They wouldn't know for sure until tomorrow.
"Hey beautiful, what do you say we head back up our hotel room?"
"I'd rather stay here thank you," Alessandra just sat at the bar. She had been spending too much time with Natasha and Annie, so she had to talk with new people, so everyone back at MTAC could study the way they were communicating with her.
"Oh come on. Just for ten minutes."
"I said no."
"Fine, five."
"Which part of no don't you understand?" Alessandra got up to get away from the drunks, but they surrounded her.
"Oh come on, please" Alessandra wanted out, and it showed by the expression on her face.
"I can't take anymore of this," Said Tony as he walked out of MTAC.
"DiNozzo! Where the hell do you think you're going," Gibbs shouted after Tony.
"I'm going to go and save her."

"Do you guys even know Natasha?" Alessandra asked the drunks.
"Natasha? We're just here for the booze," one replied. They wouldn't let her leave.
"Excuse me, but could I talk to my girlfriend for a second," a familiar voice asked one of the drunks. It was Tony.
"Yeah sure, but you won't get anything out of this girl," and the drunks left.
"Thanks for that Tony, but shouldn't you be at work?"
"Aren't you happy to see me," Tony joked
"I am. It's just very unexpected seeing you here."
"Do you want to dance," he asked her.
"I thought you'd never ask." Alessandra had one last sip of her drink and went out with Tony onto the dance floor.

"Look at that guy, in Natasha's camera. I think he did something to Alessandra's drink."
"Kate, what proof do you have?"
"The way he is looking around, and he was hanging around the bar for a long time."
"McGee!"
"Yes, Boss."
"Get a positive ID on this guy. And find me something else so I can bring him in for questioning. Kate, did Alessandra drink out of the glass that he tampered with?"
"I think she had a sip just before he went out."
"When she comes in tomorrow, schedule her for a drug test. We need to find out what he put in that glass."

"Tony, I feel dizzy."
"Do you want to go?"
"No, I need to stay here so I can find out who wants me dead."
"Ok, it's your call. When you want to go, just say so," Alessandra fell backwards, but Tony lunged forward and caught her. "Are you alright?"
"Never better," Alessandra put her hands around Tony's face and kissed him. She stopped and smiled. Tony smiled back and kissed her again. "I think I want to go home now."

Meanwhile, back at MTAC Kate's heart broke. She never realized that she had feelings for Tony, but she wasn't going to let them get in the way of him and Alessandra. She had watched her grow up and was too close to her to let anything get in the way of their friendship, especially Tony. It didn't matter to her that they hadn't seen each other in two years. Then it hit her. If Alessandra had to go through what she had just gone through with Tony, it might just kill her. After everything she had been through in the past two days, plus the fact that Alessandra was a very strict catholic didn't help either.