- Text Size +
Chapter 31

At the door Abby and Alessandra stared at Alessandra's Kenny toy lying at the front door. This should have been happy for her, after all, she thought she'd lost him. But this was different. He was covered in blood and a bloody dagger was stabbed in the middle of him, holding on a piece of paper. "We Killed Kenny" the note said, written in the killer's signature, in blood.
"You don't think," Alessandra asked Abby
"Honestly, I don't know". They were of course, referring to Kendra.
"She has been missing for 7 years now," Alessandra cried. "Why didn't they do this sooner?"
"You know what, I changed my mind. I think someone is just trying to scare you."
"Is Kenny evidence now?"
"Yes. We have to call Gibbs."
"But we don't know where he is staying. Plus, he said not to call him."
"Well Alice, don't you think this is important?"
"Yeah, I do."
"So I'm gonna call Gibbs," Abby walked over to the phone. She picked it up, and stopped. "Where is he staying?"
"And I would know this because..."
"Sorry. Didn't think. I'll try his cell."
Abby wasn't hesitant when she called Gibbs.

"Gibbs," he stated when he answered his phone.
"GIBBS! We need you here right now."
"Abby, what did I say about calling?"
"No, this is important. They know where Alessandra and I are."
"Are you sure about that Abs?"
"Yes! We found Kenny, he was at our door drenched in blood and there was a dagger in him with a note attached and it said ‘we killed Kenny' in blood and Alice's sister's nickname was Kenny and she is missing and we are really worried and we need you here like right now," Abby rushed.
"We're on our way now. Stay where you are and do NOT touch Lenny."
"Kenny."
"Doesn't matter, it's the same thing." And with that, Gibbs hung up.

"He is coming, and we can't touch Kenny."
"I'm scared."
"So am I Alice," Abby hugged Alessandra "Everything will be fine... I hope."

Chapter 32

Tony and Kate were lying in bed and the phone rang.
"Should I get that?" Tony asked
"No," Kate was clearly comfortable, resting her head on Tony's chest
"Fine, I won't." the phone went to message bank
"DiNozzo! Pick up the damn phone or else I will-"
"Boss, sorry about that, I was asleep. Is everything Ok?"
"No. Benny turned up. He was soaked in blood and at the doorstep of where Abby and Alessandra are staying."
"Benny?"
"That thing she always carries around."
"Oh, you mean Kenny."
"That's what I said."
"Ok, sorry Boss. Whose blood was it," Tony asked. Kate sat up at the sound of the word blood
"Now how do you think I'd know that DiNozzo?"
"Sorry boss, I'll slap myself," just before he could, Kate slapped him in the back of the head. He turned to Kate and she smiled. He smiled back.
"Now hurry up, a cab will pick you up in about 10 minutes," Gibbs hung up.
"What happened?" Kate asked
"Kenny turned up, soaked in blood at Abby and Alessandra's hotel room door. We have 10 minutes to get ready."
"Only 10 minutes? Tony, you pack up our stuff, I'm gonna go have a quick shower" Kate said as she ran into the bathroom with the blanket from the bed wrapped around her "Actually on second thought, I might wait until later to shower. I forgot how disgusting this room was." Tony laughed

They both grabbed the nearest clothes to them, shoved them on and got the little stuff they brought together and headed off towards the lobby.

Chapter 33

"Oh my god," Annie screamed as she got to the crime scene. She had never seen anything like this before. Natasha on the other-hand seemed to be a little more adjusted to the blood, like she had seen it before.
"Annie, are you sure you want to be here now?" McGee asked
"I have to be here for Alessandra. Where is she?"
"She is with Abby?"
"Where the heck are Kate and DiNozzo?"
"Umm, I don't know, they haven't turned up yet?"
"Do you deal with things like this everyday?"
"Yes, but they are usually bodies and not toys," Annie started shaking
"I could never do this."
"McGee, go and take Annette and Natasha to Abby and Alessandra."
"I'm fine here Gibbs, this is interesting. I want to help, if that's alright."
"Until Kate and DiNozzo get here, then you can help." He threw her a pair of gloves.
"Annette, do you want to help," Gibbs asked
"Oh no, I think I'll be fine with Abby and Alessandra thank you." She ran out of the room. Gibbs smiled.
"Yeah, I didn't think so."
"Well, what do we have here," Ducky asked as he strolled into the scene
"Alessandra's doll thing is soaked in blood. He had a dagger through him and this note was attached." Gibbs showed Ducky the note.
"The doll bleed out?" Ducky was clearly confused.
"No, it went missing and turned up right here, covered in blood."
"Oh, that makes more sense."

"Hey boss, what did we miss?" Tony asked as he finally arrived.
"Every thing. We are done here."
"Boss, how come Abby and Alessandra got to stay here and Kate and I got a dump that smelt like pee?"
"Because, I like Abby more than you. She is never late."
"But the scene was here, she couldn't be late to where she was-" Gibbs shot him a look "Oh, ok boss."
"How's Alessandra holding up," Kate asked Natasha.
"Not well, she thinks the blood is from Kendra, because of the note."
"The note?"
"Over here," Natasha led Kate to Kenny and the note.
"Oh my god, I can't imagine how she must be feeling right now. Personally, do you think it's Kendra?"
"No, actually, I don't. Whoever they are seem to want to scare Alessandra. This could be a hoax."
"Or, it could be part of something much bigger."
"That too. Whatever this is, we should be sure that none of us go anywhere alone. After all, he could go after one of us to try and scare her next."
"Good point Natasha. I think having Gibbs around for a night has rubbed off on you." Natasha smiled at Kate's remark.

Chapter 34

"So, this sample is from Kenny?"
"Correct," Kate answered Abby.
"And this is why Alessandra got to go shopping with Natasha, Annie and Tony, so she wouldn't see the results."
"Once again you are correct."
"It's kinda of funny, Tony shopping with three girls. The question is, do any of them have the power over his credit card?"
"I don't think so. He left his wallet here, he only brought his gun."
"Ok, that makes sense. I wouldn't leave without a gun either after what just happened."
"Abby, can I talk to you alone for a second," Gibbs asked as he walked in and handed Abby a Caf-Pow.
"Whoa, where did you come from?"
"I'm leaving now" Kate walked out.
"Abby, I need you to do another DNA test matching these 2 hairs. Do you think you can do that?"
"Yeah ok. What's this for?"
"Just matching from the two crime scenes."
"But one hair is long and red and the other is short and silver."
"It might be a father daughter or husband and wife effort."
"Ok Bossman. I'll get it done as soon as possible. And send Kate back in."

"What was that about?" Kate asked.
"He wants me to test these two samples and see if they match. He said they're from the crime scene, but I don't believe him. Look." Abby handed Kate the glass containers holding each hair.
"The silver one looks like it could be from Gibbs, and the red from Natasha. It's about the right length. You don't think-"
"That Natasha is Gibbs secret love child? Could be," Abby cut Kate off. "So Kate, how was your night with Tony?"
"Good, you?"
"We made popcorn and watched House of Wax, and then we found Kenny. I need more info on your night."
"We stayed in a really crappy apartment with no TV."
"Well, something must have gone right, you two are talking again. And I saw the way you looked at him. Did you-"
"Does it matter?"
"I'll take that as a yes. When are you going to tell Alessandra."
"I wasn't planning on telling anyone."
"Oh come on Kate, we are your friends. Friends tell friends everything. And Alessandra is gonna want to know what's going on with her and Tony. She seemed confused about it yesterday."
"Alright, I'll tell her, but no-one else. And I'm trusting you to keep this a secret too."
"You've got my word." Abby smiled

Chapter 35

"You guys are back early," McGee said as Tony and Alessandra walked into the bullpen. "Where are Natasha and Annie?"
"At home, asleep. Apparently, you snore McGee."
"I do not!"
"Annie said she couldn't sleep."
"Then she was exaggerating."
"Annie has never lied in her life Tim," Alessandra pointed out
"Well, maybe a little, but not that much."
"Sure Timmy, we believe you." Tony patted McGee on the top of his head.
"Hey Alessandra, you don't look to good, are you alright?" McGee asked, changing the subject.
"Uh, yeah, I'm fine. I need to go to the ladies room, then I'm gonna go down and see Abby."
"Ok." McGee and Tony watched as Alessandra went into the elevator.
"I think something is wrong with her. That seems like the 20th time she has been to the bathroom today." Tony still had his eyes fixated on the elevator.
"I've noticed that too. Should we talk to her about it?"
"Probie, if there is one thing I know about women, is if she doesn't have a problem and we ask her if she has one, then she will kill us."
"And if she has a problem?"
"Then we might be in trouble."

"How did you go shopping?" Kate asked Alessandra.
"I didn't get anything, if that's what you mean. I almost bought a puppy, but then I remembered that if I got one, he could be brutally murdered in three days just to spite me."
"Don't be silly, we won't let anyone get to you. As long as you are in our hands you'll be fine."
"Thanks. That made me feel a little better"
"Good to see I have that effect. So, are you and Tony..."
"No, definately not. I can't risk getting to close to anyone right now. I mean, you saw the, well…"
"Yeah, I know."
"Speaking of Tony, do you know where he is?"
"Yeah, he's in the bullpen with McGee."
"Alright then, I'll see you later."
"See you," Alessandra said as Kate left the bathroom. There was a sharp pain in Alessandra's stomach. Great she thought. As she made her way into Abby's lab, she debated whether or not to tell Abby.

"Hey Alice! You get anything?"
"Abby, I need to talk to you for a second."
"Ok, sure. What do you need to talk about?"
"I think, I mean, I'm not sure, I really don't know."
"Spit it out."
"I think I'm pregnant."
"We need to do a test. We can get it done here, right now."
"Thanks Abby. And not a word of this to anyone, especially Kate."


Chapter 36

"Hey Kate." Tony walked into the bullpen. Kate was sitting alone, as McGee had gone off somewhere.
"What do you want Tony?"
"I was just thinking, if you're not doing anything tonight, if you wanted to…"
"Yes?"
"Go out on our first official date?" Kate loved it when he acted coy.
"I'd love to, but I think it depends on how the case is going."
"Oh, ok," Tony sounded more than a little disappointed. Kate couldn't stand to see him like that.
"How about if we are still at the office around dinner time, then we can find our own little spot and eat alone together." Tony smiled.
"Ok, I'll hold you to that."

"The suspense is killing me."
"Alessandra, if I had the results right here, would you want to know."
"Yes!" Abby gave her a look "No, I don't know."
"I better get your mind off the subject. So, what did you think of House of Wax?"
"It was good. That Wade guy was really hot."
"Yeah, I know. He's on Supernatural right?"
"Yeah. I love that show."
"What's the older brother's name? Dean, or something?"
"Yeah, that's right."
"Man, he is hot."
"I know." Alessandra laughed. Abby really knew how to get her mind off of things.

Several machines started beeping.
"Abby, I think the thing is done."
"Yeah, you're right. I've got the results to all three tests. The blood, the hair, and your test."