- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
In which the tension between Tony and Gibbs reaches boiling point
Partners 3/4

*******

Notes from Presidential speech: December 18th

The virus triggered a long dormant pair bonding sequence in our DNA. Human sexual behaviour in the infected now resembles the mating practices of certain apes, When exposed to the virus, two individuals mate and form a long lasting association which biologists term a pair bond. There is a likelihood that these individuals will remain dependant on their partners for the rest of their lives...

******

Day 7 after the virus

Gibbs hadn't slept. Again. He seemed to spend most of the hours of darkness tossing and turning with no relief in sight. When he did manage a few moments of sleep, the vivid dreams woke him within a short time. Images of Tony, mixed with swirling darkness. The sensation of writhing bodies covered with sweat - he knew it was a memory of what he had done when the virus had made him burn with fever. Not the best start to the day. Nor did this morning's heavy traffic improve his mood on the journey to work.

The taste of Tony's body was another impression that haunted him, even in his waking hours. At some point, he could vaguely remember licking the sweat from the young agent's belly before his head had dipped lower...

Oh yeah. Thoughts like that really helped! With a snarl, he swerved into his parking bay, narrowly avoiding the Director's sedan, and climbed out of the car. He slammed the door viciously.

His lack of sleep meant that Leroy Jethro Gibbs was rapidly assuming the popularity of a mediaeval leper in the NCIS bullpen, because of his worsening temper. He had already had at least one blow-up this morning, yelling insults at some hapless female driver, and most people seemed to be avoiding him. Even Henry, who zealously guarded the entrance to the building, had ducked out of sight when he saw Gibbs coming. Everybody, including a certain young agent. Tony had not been in evidence all day yesterday. The green-eyed agent had also taken to disappearing whenever Gibbs was around.

Yeah well, it hadn't taken him long to come to his senses. Gibbs just knew he was ashamed of their encounter. Why would a young guy like Tony want an ageing ex-marine with grey hair and three ex-wives?

Meanwhile, McGee scuttled round like a frightened rabbit, and even the normally unflappable Ziva kept her head down and tried to avoid catching his eye. Their failure to make progress didn't help. Their one success had been a fairly good description of the suspects, but finding their identities was a whole different ball game. Progress so far had been glacially slow. Gibbs was beginning to suspect the impossible as far as this case was concerned. That somebody in the government had helped the perps to cover their tracks. He growled in frustration.

He was skirting round the real issue and he knew it. Yesterday's presidential broadcast, which had been relayed on every news and cable channel at noon. He and his team, along with everyone else in Washington had found out the unpalatable truth about the Partner Virus. Phrases like "permanent genetic alteration" and "gene sequence for pair bonding" had been thrown around. Gibbs hadn't really got his head round the whole science bit yet, but from what he had gathered, he and Tony were mates.

Was that like marriage, because everyone knew how well that worked out for him?

Yeah well, his alleged mate was late and he was going to get his ass kicked.

******

Tony stared dully into his hazelnut latté, stirring three spoonfuls of sugar mindlessly into the hot liquid. The last few nights had been dreadful, and this morning was worse. He felt unbearably tense, as though there was a coiled up spring being wound up tighter and tighter inside him. He didn't understand what was happening to him, but ever since he had woken up in Gibbs' arms, everything felt different. Like his eyes. When he had shaved this morning, he had realised that in the mirror his pupils looked really strange, huge and dark - like he had taken something - though of course he hadn't. After-effects of the virus perhaps?

Oh yeah. And he really, really wanted to get laid. Last night had been filled with a jumbled mixture of erotic dreams, most of which had centred on Jethro Gibbs. That was the craziest thing of all. After the time he had spent recently having sex, shouldn't he be satisfied for the next couple of months? And why did he keep thinking about Gibbs - a much older man, an ex-marine with a dodgy knee and a volcanic temper - rather than a beautiful girl with luscious breasts? He liked breasts!

Apparently he liked cranky, exasperating military men even more. All because of biology, if you believed the government scientists. Gibbs was supposed to be linked to him in some mysterious way. Tony's grasp of biology wasn't great so he basically relied on the news channels for his information. They seemed to indicate that he and Gibbs were going to have to work things out, one way or another. Tony frowned. Gibbs had not been approachable lately.

Miserable, horny and with an incipient tension headache, he swallowed down the remains of his now-cold coffee and headed into work.

The first person he saw when he came into the office was Director Sheppard. He winced as she beckoned him up the stairs. He really wanted to sit quietly at his desk and do something undemanding for a few hours. Not that he had any hope that it was going to happen - it would just have been nice, that's all.

"So have you found anything, Agent DiNozzo?" Tony shook his head. A prickly sensation on the back of his neck told him that he was being watched, probably by Gibbs. The ex-marine missed little of what went on in the bullpen.

"I've personally checked out about a quarter of the sailors on leave, but I've had no success, Director." Tony carefully phrased his reply, knowing that Gibbs didn't like the director's interference. "The boss wants me to compile a list of all males aged 20 to 35 who match the descriptions we pulled from the video feed. If we have to, we'll check the alibis of every single one of them."

She nodded absently, then paused and studied the agent carefully, noting the too-conspicuous signs of Tony's recent debauchery. She reached out and tilted his chin up with long fingers, frowning at his too-dark eyes, with their enlarged pupils. He didn't pull away from her too-patronising touch, despite the fact that he disliked it. Too close to intimacy. He couldn't bring himself to care this morning.

"Are you able to do your job?"

An interesting question. Tony nodded, trying not to blush, not really trusting himself to speak. He had been away from Gibbs' bed for days and already he wanted to race back to the older man, fling himself down on his bed and pull him down on top of him...

He knew it was crazy. He knew that it wasn't going to happen. Jethro Gibbs wasn't going to risk his career for a quick lay, which is pretty much what they had done. Don't ask, don't tell.

The thing he was just beginning to admit to himself was that he had liked it. A lot. Tony DiNozzo was a serial dater of pretty young women, and he had just had the best sex ever with another man - with Leroy Jethro Gibbs! How messed up was that? He had been avoiding Gibbs lately, because he was scared of what might show in his eyes when he looked at the older man.

The next few moments, however, brought him crashing down to earth. As he came down the stairs after speaking to the director, Tony noticed that Gibbs was sitting at his desk, glaring up at him. He had obviously seen Tony with the director, and he looked incensed.

"You don't talk to Sheppard about my investigations, Tony. You ought to know that!" Tony opened his mouth to protest. "It's not open for negotiation, DiNozzo! If you want to stay on my team, you talk to me about your results. Not her. Ever."

Tony knew he was standing there, gaping at Gibbs, but he couldn't seem to gather the shredded remnants of his thoughts together. Where the hell had this tirade come from? What the hell had he done to deserve this?

"Maybe your team's not the best place for me to be at the moment," he said icily. He realised that he was shaking with anger.

"You have a problem doing as you're told? Go on. Run to the director and take your issues with you!" The last remark was practically shouted in his face.

Tony flinched at the finality of Gibbs' tone, anger waking inside him, making him yell back at Gibbs.

"You think we have issues to work out! Issues! What does that mean? You feeling guilty over sleeping with me?"

He could have heard the proverbial pin drop. Everyone in the office had stopped what they were doing and they were all listening avidly to what was being said. He lowered his voice slightly, but he couldn't seem to stop his wayward mouth.

"Fuck you Jethro! Oh sorry. Done that already!"

He caught a glimpse of McGee frozen, looking like a frightened deer caught in the headlights, and Ziva with her mouth open, as if she had been totally broadsided by the unexpectedness of it all. Gibbs gave Tony the stare that had been known to make grown men lose control of their bodily functions. Tony glared back at him, furious, refusing to let himself be intimidated.

"Conference room! Now!" Gibbs growled, and jerked a thumb towards the lift.

Simmering with a rage he could barely contain, still less understand, Tony followed Gibbs into the lift. Gibbs punched the button for the lab, then when the lift started to move, he turned the key to stop the lift.

"What the hell is the matter with you?" Gibbs snarled. He closed on Tony until their faces were inches apart, well within Tony's personal space. Tony noticed distantly that Gibbs' pupils were as strangely dark as his own. However, he had other things on his mind.

"You don't tell me what to do! Not like that!" Tony yelled back. "What right have you to tell me who I should speak to?" It was like Gibbs' rage was a spark that lit his own anger. Setting each other alight. He had never dared stand up to Gibbs so defiantly before. Insubordination wasn't Tony's style - not when quick wits and a sense of humour could serve him better.

Gibbs pushed Tony backwards until the younger man was pressed against the wall of the lift. Tony found that he was breathing hard, and that the feel of Gibbs' hand on his chest was like a brand on his skin, even through the fabric of his shirt. Some part of him longed to burn.

One fist slammed into the wall next to Tony's head. "When you let her touch you like that!" Gibbs snarled, then he halted, shocked, as if he hadn't quite known until then, what exactly he was angry about.

"You're jealous!" Tony stared at him, his anger forgotten. Then more softly. "You don't have to be..."

Gibbs just looked at him. With sudden insight, Tony knew that the older man was completely at a loss when it came to dealing with him. Leroy Jethro Gibbs couldn't cope with a normal relationship - his three ex-wives could testify to that - and as for a more unconventional liaison with another man...

Enough talk, Tony decided, Actions spoke louder than words anyway. What had he got to lose? It was obvious that Gibbs wasn't going to make the first move - the guilt in his eyes whenever he looked at Tony told the younger man that. Tony would have to. So he leaned in and kissed Gibbs.

It was like unleashing the firestorm again, just like that first time. White heat swept over him and he was distantly aware of moaning; arching against Gibbs with the older man's leg somehow between his. Jethro knew what he liked: Tony spread out and offering himself up for the older man's exploration. Apparently his offer met with approval because the demands of Gibbs mouth on his grew intense; a force of nature. Gibbs began to drive him out of his mind, urgent and utterly assertive, his tongue plundering Tony's mouth like the luscious feast it was. His hands were on Tony's ass, pulling him closer. Tony could feel how hard he was.

"So good..." Gibbs' voice was a growl against Tony's mouth, between burning kisses as he drove his erection against Tony's body, his own thigh jammed tightly between Tony's so that the whimpering young agent was driven half-mad by the rhythmic pressure against his cock. Tony could only hold on tight as he was swept along by the fierce heat of their shared passion. Too quickly, he felt Gibbs jerk against him, once, twice and again. Gibbs breath hissed, and his eyes briefly closed. However, his hand was sure, moments later finding Tony's zipper and pulling it down, reaching inside to grasp his erection.

"Going commando, DiNozzo?" The hoarse note of appreciation in Gibbs' voice made Tony whimper. He sounded so hot. He bucked into Gibbs' hand. Then Gibbs was dropping to his knees and Tony cried out as the agent swallowed him whole. He may have only done this a few times, but somewhere, Gibbs had learned how to drive Tony crazy. Not for long though. The young agent was so ready that he only lasted a few moments before Gibbs' ruthless mouth sucked his orgasm out of him. Then he was pulled up into Gibbs' arms and he was soundly and thoroughly kissed.

It was only the strength of the older man that was holding him up, Tony decided. Half-draped over Gibbs, he was sure he must have a stupid, sappy grin on his face.

"Mine!" Gibbs looked far too pleased with himself.

"Yours..." Tony agreed softly. Then because he just had to push the envelope, " I've been yours for years, boss."

And because Gibbs was Gibbs...

"True!" Tony was tapped lightly on the back of his head. "And don't you forget it!" Tony noticed then, that Gibbs' eyes were back to normal, no longer that hungry, raging darkness.

"You realise what we just did, boss?" Tony was in no hurry to pull away from the strong circle of those arms, but he had to see Gibbs' expression. Apparently his boss hadn't thought about his actions. No. Thought definitely hadn't been foremost in his mind, not that Tony was protesting at all. "I've worked for you for four years and I can truthfully say that you've never given me a blow-job in the elevator before. Not that I'm complaining..."

Tony saw those blue eyes go wide, and a look of consternation appeared on Gibbs' face. Then confusion and shock, as he realised how crazy it was to have gone down on DiNozzo in an elevator in the middle of the NCIS building.

"Yeah." Tony felt something similar himself. Tempered by the mellow feeling he got after really good sex. "We really need to talk, boss. We aren't exactly behaving normally." Gibbs frowned. Tony knew exactly what he was thinking. Leroy Jethro Gibbs wasn't big on feelings conversations.

"You think!" Then Gibbs sighed. "Yes. Tonight at my place." With that, he was stepping away from Tony, distancing himself from their intimacy. Tony could almost see the familiar icy control falling into place. He tried in vain to hide his grin; he now knew what volcanic passions lay hidden under that cold exterior. Then a thought occurred to him.

"Hey boss, are my eyes weird right now?" The older man looked puzzled at the change of topic and shook his head. "Huh! Interesting." Tony filed the anomaly in his mind for future reference.

*****

Daily Situation Report of the Centre for Disease Control, Atlanta

...In the three days since the release of the terrorist Virus in Washington, several facts have been established about the infection.
1. It is unknown in Nature, so is probably an engineered virus.
2. The virus is airborne, using a fine powder as a transmission medium. Strong north-westerly winds at or near the time of its release led to the contamination of much of the greater Washington area.
3. There is no known cure.
4. Over 150,000 individuals have been infected.

******

Tony sighed. Days of work and not a single lead to the identity of the terrorists. He had gone through the database twice. Well at least, thanks to Gibbs, he wasn't on edge and jittery any more; sex was certainly a good relaxation technique. Tony repressed a smirk. He decided to take a break and go check on Abby and McGee. Perhaps they were having more luck with the face recognition software they were using on the video feed.

McGee was evidently telling Abby about Tony's little argument with Gibbs. Most of the building probably knew by now that Gibbs and DiNozzo were an item. They probably heard the argument as far away as Baltimore. Tony should have been mortified, but actually he felt curiously liberated - at least he didn't have to hide any more - and he found himself listening with avid interest as McGee gave Abby the goods on him.

"He said that?" She stared at McGee, eyes wide. "Wow! Then Tony and the boss *did* do the horizontal mambo. That is so weird that on a weirdness scale of one to ten, it rates an eleven."

"That's not all," McGee said. "They went away to talk, and when they came back, Tony had this big cheesy grin on his face and the boss looked really smug - like he does when he's just cracked a case. Oh yeah - and now I know what you mean when you talk about eye-fucks. They've been giving each other long, lingering stares all day." Tony blinked. No he hadn't - had he?

"Ooooh. A mystery! You don't think they found a way to make up, do you? They do say that sex after a fight is ten times as good..."

"While they were at work? They wouldn't... Would they?" Abby smirked at his naiveté and raised an eyebrow. He blushed. Time to intervene, Tony decided.

"Wouldn't do what?" he said innocently. Both of them jumped and he had to hide a grin.

"We were talking about the boss," McGee said quickly. Whether he would be able to solve this case?"

"Sure you were, probie." McGee cringed, guilt radiating off him. It was one of the things Tony loved about him - he was so obvious when he was trying to hide something. Though he was a good agent, it was so easy to fluster McGee. Abby on the other hand, wasn't scared to speak her mind.

"Are you and Gibbs an item?" she said bluntly. Then she moved close to Tony and put her hands on his shoulders. "It's okay you know. We're your friends Tony. We aren't the sort of people who judge you because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time." No matter what anyone said about Abby, her heart was in the right place.

"Yeah." McGee got that scared puppy expression on his face again at Tony's unexpectedly honest reply. "I think most of the building knows already, probie."

"I er... didn't think you'd admit it. You know. Don't ask, don't tell."

"Oh I'm not going to tell you anything." Tony smirked. "Answer me this, probie. If you were me, would you talk about the boss's love life?" McGee stared at him for a moment, then shook his head slowly.

"I guess not, Tony."

"I actually came down to ask Abby something. You know a bit about biology, Abbs. Did you happen to notice when you got hit with the virus -what happened to your eyes?" She shook her head. "Something strange keeps happening to me. Before this, when have I ever yelled at Gibbs? It just wouldn't happen. Oh yeah, and my eyes look weird since the virus. They were kinda odd when I woke up this morning. But later they went back to normal. After the boss and I had a fight... "

"If I was to speculate - which I'll do tactfully because you'll get all embarrassed and inhibited - I'd say that you and Gibbs did a little bonding."

She laughed. Tony looked so "busted."

"We all need sex, Tony. The release of serotonin; the rush of endorphins. It's a basic biological need. Maybe all those feel-good chemicals trigger something in people that have been affected by the virus.You should ask Ducky to take a blood sample. We can test it to see if the virus is doing something hinky."

McGee and Tony both turned to stare at her.

"Sorry. Bad choice of words, given the circumstances."

*****

"We have a big problem, Jethro!"

Gibbs looked up guiltily. He had known it wouldn't be long before some ass-kisser told Jenny Sheppard about his very public fight with DiNozzo in the middle of the bullpen. Probably Ziva, from what he had heard. He decided to brazen it out.

"Director?" For once, keeping his voice neutral and his attitude respectful. Acting smart rather than pushy.

"You've been concentrating on the terrorist case, Jethro. But in the past three days, we've had over thirty reports of violent incidents involving navy and marine personnel and their dependants. Fourteen serious cases of domestic violence, three cases of attempted murder and one actual killing - a decapitation!"

"What?" Gibbs hadn't been expecting anything like that.

"I had Cynthia pull the statistics. We're looking at a thousand percent increase in domestic crime, in the space of the last three days!"

"The virus! It has to be!" Gibbs said softly. "Ducky said there were worries about it... That it was still active inside the body, pumping chemicals into our blood. Changing our behaviour..."

"You should know, Jethro." Her voice was just as quiet. "Tell me you weren't out of control earlier today?"

He closed his eyes momentarily. She was talking about the argument - not the frantic elevator sex. No-one except DiNozzo was witness to *that* particular loss of control. No-one knew that he was going slowly insane.

"I was," he admitted. "For no good reason. I was jealous of you because you spoke to Tony." Something dark flared in his eyes, and instinctively she took a step backwards, the hairs rising on the back of her neck. "Just so you know. He's mine and you don't touch him. Ever!"

"Okay... " She kept her voice low and even, and saw him visibly shiver, fighting for control, his fists clenching. She had never seen Gibbs so tense. As if he was about to explode into violence...

"I don't know where that came from...," he whispered. "It's like there's something dark inside my head that I can't control. Just don't do anything to wake it up."

"I'll be careful," she said. She meant it.

*****

Later...

"Boss." The green-eyed young agent stood hesitantly outside Gibbs' door. He was casually dressed in a checked shirt, hanging loose over designer jeans. Gibbs thought he looked almost edible, with his endearingly tousled hair and the fading marks of Gibbs' love-bites partially visible on his neck.

"Come in." Gibbs said abruptly. "Drink?" He felt incredibly awkward trying to put Tony at his ease. It felt unnatural, in a way. He was much more comfortable playing the abrasive ex-marine.

Tony hid a smile at Gibbs' feeble attempts at being sociable. "Beer would be good, boss." Gibbs frowned. He grabbed two beers from the fridge and Tony followed him to the couch, which was set back against the wall in the next room.

"Outside of work, you can call me Jethro, Tony. Calling me boss when we've..." He hesitated, unable to speak openly about their encounters... "Jethro just sounds better, that's all."

"What do we have?" Tony said. "Help me out here. Today was just a bit crazy. You got all angry and possessive and I need to know why. What do you want from me? Sex? Or something else?" Tony tried to keep the hopeful note out of his voice.

"The older man shook his head desperately, not noticing the way Tony was looking at him.

"I don't know!" Tony saw the turmoil in his eyes. He understood it only too well. "Oh God, Tony, I don't know..." He clenched his fists, his nails sinking into his palms, then he drove his fist into the wall for the second time that day, hard enough to bruise his knuckles, breathing hard as he fought the need to scream, to run; anything but face the deep sexual confusion he felt.

"No! Stop it!" Tony grabbed at his hand, pulling it towards him. Gibbs' knuckles were bruised and abraded, a visible sign of the older man desperately trying to relieve his frustration and anguish. Tony's fingers were cool and gentle, drawing the older man's injured hand closer. "Don't. We're in this together." He hesitated. "Jethro." Daring to use his lover's first name. Irresistibly, he let his fingers tangle with the older man's.

"I... I want you!" The older man forced the words out; his voice was low, desperate, perhaps even afraid. Tony knew how big an admission it had been for the ex-marine to express his desires. He felt his fingers gripped tightly. There were things in Gibbs' eyes that there were no words for.

"It'll be okay. You'll see. We'll work it out." Wishful thinking perhaps, but Tony wanted it to be true. He moved forward until he was just in front of Gibbs, well within his personal space. Then he kissed him, trying to show without words how great his need for the older man was. How he understood Gibbs' confusion because he had felt the same way. How much he needed him.

They both knew how crazy this was - only a few days ago, they had been assertively heterosexual men, definitely not involved with each other. When exactly had Tony decided that he wanted this? Another man. Because he most definitely did.

Gibbs felt himself kissing Tony back, hard, his body answering the hunger that those beautiful dark eyes seemed to wake within him. Why had he never before noticed that Tony had the most beautiful green eyes he had ever seen? And that the younger agent practically worshipped the ground he walked on. He knew then that he could have asked the younger man to do anything and Tony would have done it, happily, just because Gibbs needed it.

He was so seriously fucked. All he could think about was how much he wanted to sleep with DiNozzo, like he didn't have enough problems already. He knew it was biology. Chemicals in his brain that made his body remember heat and sex and the sweet taste of the younger man. And Tony seemed quite happy to let himself be taken, though that didn't make it right. He felt as if he were exploiting Tony, perhaps because the virus had infected him more strongly than Gibbs. For that matter, were they going to recover from this madness in a few days and be driven crazy by the knowledge of what they had done together? Doubts assailed him.

Gibbs shook his head dizzily. With the other man so close, it was hard to think clearly. All he really wanted to do was to kiss him and lick him and sink into Tony and never come up for air. Some part of him registered that his feelings weren't normal - logic told him that this was the virus inside him, still fully active, no matter what the experts said. Still whispering to his cells how good it would be to take Tony, right now. Sending wicked little messages about writhing bodies and hot, slick arousal.

Tony was as far gone as he was, captured by the chemicals the virus created; - a storm of pheromones inside him that urged him to be with his lover. He pushed Gibbs back on the couch and his hands were busy at Gibbs' belt, then his zipper.

Shit. How was it that things were moving so fast? Already, DiNozzo's hands were pulling at his pants, and he was as hard as hell, his erection pushing at the front of his boxers. He wanted this, and he loved the fact that Tony was just as eager for him - it was just that he had expected to be the one in control.

Not that he wanted Tony to stop. God, no. Logic be damned. And he certainly wasn't going to feel guilty about having the younger man, when Tony was this enthusiastic about sex.

The young agent was enjoying himself immensely. Tony moved his fingers in small spirals -- tiny movements, gentle and relaxing - as he pushed Gibbs' thighs further apart. He leaned forward and blew lightly across the skin of Gibbs' inner thigh. The older man hissed softly, but didn't pull away. In fact, a quick glance at his face showed Tony that he had closed his eyes and was biting his lip to stop himself from moaning. This was good. Gibbs was playing it cool, letting Tony do all the work. Not running away.

Tony began to plant small, delicate kisses up the older man's thigh, sucking and gently nibbling the warm flesh, until his mouth was level with Gibbs' crotch. Oh there was definite interest there; his rapidly hardening shaft was tenting the fabric of his boxers Tony leaned in so that he could inhale the scent of his partner. Gibbs smelled definitively male. Tony tried to resist the urge to nuzzle Gibbs' cock, then gave in and pressed his lips to the cloth over the tip of his erection. Gibbs' interest in Tony's mouth and what it was doing was beginning to overcome his inhibitions.

Hesitantly, Tony pulled Gibbs' boxers down, with his fairly enthusiastic co-operation, until the imprisoned erection sprang free. He dropped his head and his mouth covered the swollen end of the older man's cock. It was the first time he had really done this by choice, but somehow that didn't matter. As soon as he tasted Jethro, instinct seemed to take over. He sucked his partner's hardness in, taking it deep inside his mouth. It was the first real sound he had heard Gibbs make. A small sobbing cry that startled him. He lifted his head from his exertions, surprised that the older man sounded so needy. Tony smiled. Fast and sneaky, that was the plan; he wasn't going to give Gibbs a chance to change his mind.

He tasted so good. Tony sucked harder, pulling back his mouth as he did so, drawing out the sensation. Gibbs' hips tried to follow, but Tony held him down and increased the speed of his movements, pumping with his hand as he sucked down. Gibbs' fingers clutched at his hair.

"Yes! Tony..!" With a wicked grin, the younger agent pulled back, laughing as Gibbs cursed him loudly, so very close to the edge.

"Please..." Tony had never heard Gibbs beg before; it sent blood rushing towards his cock. Strangely reluctant to see the older man's expression, instead he dipped his head and sucked hard, and Gibbs gave a scream, his hips pushing forward as he came, spurting into Tony's mouth in long, shuddering bursts.

Tony swallowed the salty fluid eagerly. Another thing that astonished him was the fact that he loved the taste of his lover. Craved it even.

He rested his head against Gibbs' stomach for a moment, panting, trying to stay in control. The older man's fingers found his head, stroking gently through his hair, fingers combing through tangled strands. Tony sighed contentedly. Gibbs touching his hair had been part of his fantasies last night. He decided that his imposed partnership was one of the better things that had ever happened to him. He could feel his own erection hard and aching. He lifted his head to see that he was being watched. Gibbs was smiling.

He hadn't expected that. The way the older man looked relaxed. Happy. And not just because of the sex. Tony tried to remember the last time he had seem Gibbs in that mood, and realised that perhaps the answer was "never." Then Gibbs' eyes took on a gleam of mischief.

"You're going to pay for making me wait!" Gibbs said breathlessly. He pulled his partner towards him until they were face to face and kissed him. Tony gasped as Gibbs' mouth parted beneath his and his tongue darted into Tony's mouth. Kissing him like Tony was the oxygen he needed to breathe. Unashamedly tasting his own essence as well as the sweet taste of Tony himself. Pushing him backwards. Finally, when they broke apart, panting, Tony found himself somehow half under Gibbs who was stretched out above him, looking at Tony like he was going to devour him. Tony loved every minute of it, but he knew Gibbs seemed to have a lot of guilt about the whole penetration thing.

"You want to take this further?" Tony said hesitantly, spreading his legs, inviting Gibbs to take him. The older man raised an eyebrow.

"You're not shy about asking for what you want, DiNozzo!" The younger man saw the way Gibbs' lips curved in a small smile and the tension within him dissolved. "Damn. You know how much I want you!" Gibbs' voice was low and hungry.

"I need this, Jethro. You inside me. Please." At his partner's questioning glance, Tony smiled uncertainly. "We need this to work..." A blush. "Naked would be good,"

Gibbs moaned at the thought, feeling himself becoming hard again. He kissed Tony again, then the two of them were fumbling with Tony's clothes; he wanted Tony so much. The young agent grinned and lay back, pulling Gibbs down to him. They kissed again, their bodies fitting together so naturally, as Tony spread his legs wider.

Gibbs found it hard to believe that he was on top of Tony. That Tony DiNozzo was eagerly spreading his legs for Gibbs to take him. How the hell had he got so lucky? He fumbled for the lube that he had placed strategically within reach, in a crazy moment of optimism. He smeared it on his hand then his fingers daringly glided between the tightly muscular globes of Tony's ass and began to work his way inside, gently opening him until he rubbed against the other man's prostate. The experience was strange, and a little disturbing, though hot too. The way the young agent whimpered at that point sent a surge of arousal through him.

"You do realise, I've only done this before under the influence of a crazy terrorist's virus. I'm feeling my way." His fingers again found that sweet spot that made Tony cry out.

"Jethro! So good... Don't stop!" Gibbs laughed softly and leaned in to kiss DiNozzo's full mouth, enjoying the way the younger man moaned in protest because Jethro was making him wait. Payback.

Gibbs slid his hand down, rubbing the sensitive area under his lover's balls, fingering them lovingly. Tony whimpered, his hips twitching upwards instinctively. He was so beautiful like this; wanton and needy. Gibbs felt his erection hard against his belly. Damn, it had been years since a lover had made him feel this way. His only anxiety came from the fact that he had little experience of being with a man - he wanted it to be good for the young agent.

Uncertainly he slid a second finger into his lover's tightness, knowing from his own sexual explorations where the centre of pleasure was. Anointing him with more lubricant. And Tony whimpered, thrusting himself hard against Gibbs' moving hand. His movements became frantic, his breath sobbing. Tony cried out as Gibbs drew his hand away, momentarily, to slicken his own hard cock. It was so difficult to hold back now. Finally, he began to enter his lover slowly and carefully, not wanting to cause him pain. Tony proved his fears groundless by instinctively lifting his legs, wrapping them around Gibbs to encourage him as they lay face to face.

At first, he lay buried deep inside Tony, unmoving, enjoying the feel of being buried deep inside him. The young agent wailed in frustration, his hands clutching urgently at the man on top of them, his legs tightening, trying to pull him deeper. Then they were moving their bodies in unison, Gibbs increasing the speed and power of his thrusts, as Tony begged for more. Gibbs deliberately kept it slow, making the other man sob with need, finally bringing him over the edge. Then those firm young muscles surrounding him were gripping him tightly, pumping him as Tony came, hard. He screamed, too, as he came over the edge, spurting inside his lover.

They lay, sated, their bodies, slick with sweat, heartbeats slowing, still joined together.

"That was incredible, boss!" Tony said, blushing, as he gazed up into Gibbs' intensely blue eyes.

"Yeah," Gibbs acknowledged softly. He rested his forehead against Tony's, not wanting to move from that most comfortable of places. "I just don't know where we go from here..."

*****

Report of the World Health Organisation:-

Partner Virus - Risk Assessment
During the period of initial infection, it was feared that the Partner Virus was an airborne infection which could be transmitted from infected individuals to the general population by respiratory means. However, this has not proved to be the case. The major method of infection was via the terrorists' original device, cylinders of the virus containing a powder delivery system.

Due to the extreme potency of the virus, infection resulted after exposure to extremely small quantities, perhaps as few as 1 or 2 viral units. But the viral material is sensitive to certain ultraviolet light wavelengths and becomes inert after approximately 48 hours in the environment...

******

End of part 3/4