- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Hope you like the new FIC!!! Let me know what you think...
Author's Chapter Notes:
What if Kate is not working for NCIS...? will she fight Gibbs or...
Title : Unexpected for or lover?
Kibbs : Romance, action, NC17
Spoiler : Yankee White
Disclaimer : NCIS…definitely not mine
(What if Major T.Kerry didn't die…and Kate is not working for NCIS)
===============================================================

Chapter 1
Bad beginning
Special Agent Todd is enraged that NCIS has embarrassed her in front of her boss and the entire department. By the time she arrives at the Secret Service Headquarters, people are whispering about what happened to her the previous night in Air Force One.
She ignores them and walks straight to her boss's office, knowing her fate for the next half an hour.
============

Special Agent Todd wishes she would kick the NCIS agent's snooty ass. She just got yelled at by her boss, Special Agent Bauer. He was close to firing her for incompetence and failure; he said she was an embarrassment to the Secret Service.
============

Todd exits his office, head down, exhausted, defeated. She has been away for more than a week. She hasn't had a good night's sleep for over a week AND she just broke up with her lover/boyfriend, the football carrier, last week, before she departed with Air Force One.
She decided to break up with him because she saw him flirting and going out with her boss's secretary. She couldn't believe her eyes, but she was more angry and humiliated than sad or heart broken.
==============

Caitlin Todd is a realistic person: she acknowledges that her boss's secretary is a beautiful blonde.
Kate is not a vain person, having three older brothers growing up, made her into a decent, realistic, independent but ambitious person. She never regards herself as an attractive woman: she values her wit, courage and brain rather than her looks, she admits that she is not bad looking either.
She is plain compared to the blonde secretary who Tim was flirting with. She sighs. Kate admits defeat. There is no way she could compete with the woman and why would she fight for Tim if he was already unfaithful to her anyway?
She is glad that she and Tim haven't gone too far.
=============

She is pissed, but can't do anything about it. Her love life sucks and is going down the drain as the years pass. She can only pray that her career doesn't.
It is her fault, though, she shouldn't have trusted the NCIS agent. Trust is one of her downfalls. She hisses under her breath, "Special Agent Gibbs, you are going to be sorry that you tricked me…"
================

Todd's apartment
It is past midnight when she finally reaches her apartment. She grumpily throws her keys on the table and dumps her backpack and leather coat on the sofa.
Then, slowly, she heads for shower and falls in bed, exhausted.
=============

It is almost three in the morning when she is awoken by her mobile, she grabs the mobile blindly, doesn't recognize the number, ignores the call and goes back to sleep.
DAMN IT, it rings again, for about three or five times, she loses count, screams in her pillow and switches the phone off.

Finally, some peace. She is back in her comfortable clean bed.
A few minutes later, she is jerked awake by her house phone line, she ignores it. But then she realizes that she can't risk another slap to her career and she picks up the phone.
"Todd" she mumbles in a haze.
"Special Agent Todd, I need to see you, it is regarding the Autopsy…" the person runs on, giving her an address and tells her that she is expected within the hour.
Then she asks, ‘Who is this?"
"It's Special Agent Gibbs, NCIS…" he says.
"What???" she cuts him and hangs up on the jerk.
==============

Damn! The Secret Service chick hung up on me. Damn it, she's got guts, he admits and smirks to himself. Somehow he feels bad for her, he feels sorry for her.
The woman trusted him, he betrayed her trust and he is sure that she is trouble because of him.
And she will be in deeper shit if she refused his help and he wants to see her pissed off face again - she is gorgeous and fierce but sweet - as soon as possible.

He dials her number again.
"WHAT?" she shouts in resentment
"Todd, you had better come here" She hangs up again!
And Kate goes back to sleep after she unplugs her phone.
==============

Sudden attack
She vaguely hears knocking on her front door. She can't believe her luck. It had better not be her pesky ex, Tim. She told him to leave her alone or he'll get acquainted with her beloved Sig Sauer.

She opens her door groggily, rubbing her eyes.
"Kate…" it is her ex, in front of her door at about four in the morning.
"Tim, go away! I am tired, and we are over." She closes her door in his face.
"Kate, listen to me…" Tim insists, holding the door open.
"Tim, there is nothing to listen to, there is nothing to talk about and I have nothing to say. I saw you hooking up with the blonde. It's forgiven and forgotten, it's over, so please, I am really tired." Kate is really sleepy and unwell, she is coming down with something, and she can feel it.
He says nothing, just looking at her.

"Go away, Tim, I don't want to see you anymore, let's not make it a big thing…" she hears the elevator's ding. She doesn't want her neighbor to witness the scene.
Suddenly, her door knocks her against the head and chest. She feels the sudden impact, then a blinding headache. Her nose hurts like hell and she can't breathe.
It happened so fast, she doesn't even have the chance to scream or retaliate.
Kate is caught off guard. She did not expect him to be violent. He pushes back and slams her body against the wall, he slaps her face hard.
"You fucking bitch, who the hell do you think you are? You never let me touch you. Do you think you are too good for me?" He hisses heatedly at her face, choking her.
He violates her roughly, he forces his mouth on her, but she refuses to open her mouth for him, she bites him. She hears him shouts in pain and he slaps her face twice, calling her a bitch!
He forces his tongue in her, squeezes her breast painfully, she cries in anguish, she can't breathe, she is choked, she feels one of his hands trying to pull her bottoms down.
She is about to give him her signature kick in the groin when with one jerk, he is pulled off her body.
Kate falls to her knees and tries to breathe and without realizing, she sobs.
She vaguely sees someone kicking Tim in his gut a couple of time and throwing him out. She is so relieved and happy that her brother is here, she is safe now.
========================

Saved
Her brother pulls her to her feet and carries her to the sofa.
Kate bawls, she feels so much safer with him, he is not going to judge her, he might tease her afterwards for crying like a sissy but she doesn't care…and she misses him so much.
She cries into his chest like a little girl, she wails all her problems out, wiping her blood from her nose and lips with her hand. She complains to Jeremy, her oldest brother, he's been always her savior since she was a little girl.
===========
He gently wipes off her blood and leaking tears with his shirt, not saying anything.
Kate feels odd, something is different, and then she looks up with her teary bruised face.
He is NOT her brother…he is…he is…she is getting her focus…he is her nemesis - it's bloody NCIS Special Agent Gibbs.
She pushes him away roughly. "You are not Jeremy…" she voices her disappointment, she is not thinking straight.
"Who is Jeremy?" He sounds angry
"None of your business! Get out!" her throat starts itching and her nose is stuffy.
He stands up, but to her horror, not to get out. Instead the man looks around and enters her bed room.

Her pain and tiredness subdued her fierceness, she can't see clearly because of her headache and tears.
She sees him coming out of her room with something in his arms.
He brings out cotton balls and ointment for her cuts. His touch is extremely gentle, it soothes her. To her surprise it calms her down.
She doesn't realize that she is still crying until he wipes her tears with his thumb.
"Who is Jeremy, Kate?" he asks her softly.
"He is my eldest brother. I thought you are him. I have three, and I am the youngest," she replies.
Why on earth did she reply? And why the hell did she elaborate? she asks herself.
She looks at the man in awe, notices his gaze soften a great deal.


Kate starts coughing badly.
"You are sick," he states the obvious.
"Yes I know…don't have…to tell…me…" she replies smugly in between her coughs.
"I'm in purgatory…and Gibbs…if I weren't sick…I'll kick your ass back to NCIS!" Still coughing, she threatens the man.
"It's Jethro…" he insists
"What?" she is confused, annoyed.
Gibbs can hardly contain his amusement.
She is a piece of work; considering that a few minutes ago she was attacked violently, assaulted and…sick; she's got balls!
He was furious when he saw the football carrier groping, hitting and choking her. He couldn't imagine what could have happened to her if he was not there to stop the son of a bitch.
"C'mon Kate…" he pulls her up without her permission, she sways backward from the sudden movement. He catches her in time and guides her to her bed.
He slips her under the covers and tucks her in as comfortably as he can...
Gibbs walks out of her room in haste. Her sweet smelling room is disturbing his concentration and making him question his sanity.
He makes a call to his trusted ME.
He peeks at her when he is done talking and sees her lulled into sleep, but with aches and pains.
===============

Kate sleeps through the night, only to be awakened by: Dr. Mallard - a kind older ME that she met in Air Force One, and he made her call him Ducky? Or Duck…something like that.
He is very kind and gentle with her, she lets him check her out with definite trust and she continues dozing as he examines her. She loves listening to his gentle kind voice.
She barely feels him checking for her bruised chest, abdomen and bruised face, indistinctly hears him say sadly "Oh Caitlyn…who did this to you, my dear?" He sounds so sad.
He goes on, "What kind of man would do this to a woman?" he speaks in distress. Kate immediately decides that she likes him.
Ducky is about to continue voicing his displeasure when he hears her speak.
"A jerk, Ducky…don't worry, I am going to kick his ass when I am fixed!" she said courageously.
"Of course Caitlin, of course!" he agrees with her, he loves her spirit.
"Of that I have no doubt, Caitlin." Ducky is looking into her battered face and smiles, he thinks she is the best thing that can happen to Jethro and the ME has no doubt that his friend has fallen for her, even though it doesn't mean that he'll admit it.
================
Switched
To her own shock, Kate suddenly wakes up from her snooze, as she remembers she switched off her mobile…oh no.
True to her prediction, eight missed calls from headquarters and a message from her boss, requesting her presence A.S.A.P.
"I have to get going, dear…I have unfinished…job to do back at my HQ." Ducky excuses himself
"This is my number, call me anytime if you need me…anytime, my dear," he offers.
"Thank you so much, Ducky." She is very grateful and the ME exits her room.
She coughs nonstop, she has to go back to her HQ, and apparently there is some problem with the corpse.
==============

Then, she sees him leaning against her bedroom's door, looking at her in her PJ shorts.
"YOU…" she shouts and points her finger at him. She shouldn't have shouted, she is coughing badly now
"If I lose my job…I'll shoot you…I'll kill you, I swear!" She continues her hacking cough.
"GET OUT…and how the hell did you find my place…" she is more than mad! She turns her back on him, rummaging through her closet for a clean suit.
"Kate…" he is right behind her, very close, too close.
She is uncomfortable with his proximity but her pride doesn't let her show her discomfort.
"What, Gibbs?" she ignores him, still searching for a possible clean suit.
"It's Jethro" he repeats.
She turns and looks at him weirdly: what on earth is he talking about?
On the other hand, Gibbs is enjoying himself, looking at her bum sticking out of the wardrobe while she frantically searches for clothes; he can see some smooth milky skin of her lower back…and…oh GOD, is that a tattoo?
==================
His gratification is cut short by her finding what she's been looking for. She turns, facing him with her angry eyes.
Then he notices her eyes change. They cool down slightly from the anger, into soft sweet chocolate brown staring into his soul.
Kate is surprised when she gazes into the clearest softest blue eyes she has ever seen in her life. It's not just the blue that fascinates her; it's the warmth and kindness they shine on her.
The side of her mouth moves slightly, almost into a very small smile and he notices the subtle change on her face.
Kate sees him moving closer to her…
=================
-Tbc-nova2007-BETA (MV)
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you like the new FIC!!! Let me know what you think...