- Text Size +
"I told him how I felt about Tony, then he asked if I was over him and I just didn't know what to say. He took it to mean I would rather be with Tony than him. He stormed out of the restaurant without even speaking to me." Kate said over the phone to her friend.
"Kate I told you, he's bad news."
"Abby, I'm sick of this. He's the first guy I've loved since Tony. I'm not giving him up."
"Kate please."
"Abby, can we please get back on topic. What should I say to Greg?"
"Just tell him how you feel for Tony but also that you wouldn't be engaged to him if you weren't able to get over Tony."
"You mean lie."
"You are over Tony aren't you?"
"That's the point, I don't think I am. And then this whole baby thing makes it even more complicated."
"I'm coming over Kate, this is not something that can be talked about over the phone."
"Okay, see you soon."
"Sure, be there in ten."

"Okay, so you love Tony but you're engaged to Greg."
"I love Greg too. It's just so confusing, I loved Tony for so long but I never had the courage to tell him. Then Greg came along and Greg is just so- he's like Tony but he has even more to him."
"I'll bet he has."
"Abby, can't you just put aside what ever dodgy feeling you have about him and be happy for me."
"Fine, but only because you are my best friend. You know I'm only trying to look out for you."
"I'm old enough to look after myself."
"Of course I do. So…are you going to tell Tony."
"Actually, yes. I've decided I have to tell him if I'm ever going to be able to relax around him again."
"Have you even told him you're pregnant yet?"
"No, not yet. I've only told you and Greg. I haven't even told Gibbs yet."
"Okay. Now, shall we have a girly movie night and figure out all this shit some other night." Abby said.
"Why not" Kate laughed.
"You pick a movie I'll make some popcorn. It's in the same cupboard right?"
"Yup, so any particular kind of film? Horror spoof or action thriller?" Kate shouted down the hall to Abby who was in the kitchen making the popcorn.
"Erm…Horror spoof." Abby shouted back in reply.
"Scary movie it is." Kate said standing up from the DVD drawer.
"Alrighty" Kate heard Abby's voice distantly yell back. Greg was standing in front of her, obviously drunk, a look of anger on his face and a broken beer bottle in his right hand.
"Um- Greg. You alright baby?" Kate said quietly.
"Never been better Katie *darling*" he said slurring the last word sneeringly.
"Are you sure? You want some coffee or something?"
"No. I just want to know. Him or me?"
"What?"
"Don't play dumb with me, bitch!" Greg spat, grabbing Kate close to him and swinging the broken bottle threateningly.
"Greg- please. I don't know what you're talking about. Greg you're hurting me? Honey, let go. Please" Kate whimpered.
"Him- or me?" Greg whispered threateningly.
"Greg- " Kate said. Greg sensed the hesitation in her voice. He pushed her away roughly and came for her, swinging the broken bottle.
"I never should have trusted you, I always knew there was something going on between you two."
"Greg I swear. There is *nothing* going on between me and Tony." Kate could have easily screamed for help or even gotten to her gun by now but there was something keeping her glued to the spot.
"Don't! Lie! To! Me! Kate!" Greg shouted advancing on her and taking a swing with the bottle. Multiple deep gashes appeared on Kate's left cheek. She screamed and turned to run away, she tripped over the box of DVD's and was knocked out cold. Greg began to advance on her again but he heard a voice.
"Freeze." Said the voice, "Get you're hands where I can see them."