- Text Size +
"That bastard!!" Kate yelled as she exited the elevator, which now had a small, but noticeable, dent in the door where she had been kicking it repeatedly.
"Kate, what's wrong?" Tony asked as he noticed his fiancés eyes were red and tears rolling down her face.
"What's wrong?" Kate practically screamed. "Well for a start, my ex-fiancé attacked me with a glass bottle for *no* apparent reason, he was then shot twice by Abby, while I lay out cold on my living room floor, but was still able to get away. And then to top it all off" she was in hysterics by now, "he programmed a bomb to detonate at the sound of my voice. Does that answer your question Tony?"
"Erm-" Tony stuttered in reply.
Kate noticed she had been screaming at him so she went over to his desk, sat down on his knee and gave him a hug, sobbing onto hid shoulders she said, "Sorry Tony, I didn't mean to shout. It's just, I thought I loved that bastard, then I tell him the baby's yours and he goes all Dr Jekyll, Mr Hyde."
"It's okay Kate," Tony said, kissing the top of her head. "Everyone picks the wrong partner at some point."
"Even you?" Kate smiled, looking up at him.
"Especially me. God knows I've had more than my fair share of weirdo girls. But now I've got you."
Kate hated it that a sweet smile and a slightly romantic line could sucker her in so easily, that's how Greg fooled her, but this was Tony, she knew she could trust Tony. She put her hand on the back of his neck and pulled him down into a kiss. Not just a quick peck on the lips that they had been sharing when everyone else was around, a proper kiss. Their first real kiss.
"Hm- Hmm" McGee coughed, "Trying to work over here guys."
They broke apart smiling. "Then don't let us distract you probie, just get on with it." Tony laughed, stood up and pulled Kate back towards him by the waist. She had started to go back to her own desk after she had realized McGee was there. Tony turned her round to face him and pulled her into another ‘proper' kiss.
"What's with the sudden public displays of affection DiNozzo?" Tony hadn't even noticed Abby and Gibbs get off the elevator.
"Sorry boss, won't happen again boss." He said, wiping Kate's lipstick from his lips.
"It had better not, and what have I told you about saying sorry."
"Sorry boss- damn it!!" said Tony, hitting himself on the head.
"Just stop talking DiNozzo," Gibbs said, "And shouldn't you lot be getting home, it's your weekend off."
"Great," Kate and Tony went to get their coats.

"Hey Kate, you wanna have dinner tonight? I'll cook."
"You can cook?" Kate asked, surprised.
"Yeah, so d'you wanna?"
"Sure, it'll be a great first date."
"Plus," Tony added, "A unique way to do it, engaged *then* first date."
They laughed.
"I'll be there at 7." Kate said.
"Forget it, I'll cook for you at your house. You don't even have to leave the house."
"Okay then, see you at 7" Kate said as they got into their separate cars. She just loved this romantic, sweet side of Tony. Of course, she loved his funny side too but, at one point, she had never thought Tony could even have another side than his ‘skirt-chasing' side.