- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Seies: Trouble&Problem>>Marital Bliss>>Imagine>>Cursed&Blessed>>Drool>>All I have>>Immortality(end)
Author's Chapter Notes:
Can they adjust their hectic lifestyle with the arrival in their life? KIBBS/ special appearance by Trouble and Problem
Title : Drool
Fiction : KIBBS, Humor, romance
Spoiler : None
Rating : Teen/PG13
Sequel : from Cursed and Blessed
Disclaimer : NCIS…definitely, not mine
Trouble and Problem >>> Marital Bliss >>> Imagine >>> Cursed and Blessed >>> Drool >>> All I have >>> Immortality (end)
===============================================================

Summer time
It is the best summer vacation.
Along the hot beach; the heated sands start to roast beautifully under the cooler wind, marking the beginning of summer.
The sun is shining over the seashore; under its rays, apart from the other beach goers; there is one particular family that is having the time of their life; for people that are passing by, they look like a regular next door family on holiday with their kids; no idea of their turbulence past and dangerous profession.

Kate is under the shade of a huge sun umbrella, laying down huge beach blanket for her family, organizing their picnic box and other stuff for the whole noon, her son is crawling around the blanket, looking at his surrounding eagerly, every times he reaches the edge of the blanket, his mother would pick him up and place him in the center…again! Kate can hear the kids bickering from afar.
"Me first…"
"No, me first…"
"I am the one who brought it here…"
"Ducky said it's ours, not yours!"
"I am the youngest"
"No you are NOT!"
"Yes, I am!"
"No you are not Jaclyn!…Bobby is!" Joshua stuck his tongue out to his sister. They are Kate's niece and nephew.
About three years ago, they visited their Aunt Katie in D.C, and met her boss Gibbs; Uncle Tony the skirt chaser; tattooed Aunt Abby and sweet old Ducky; it was a blast, even though they almost lost their family to a divorced. Fortunately, their sweet caffeine addict Jethro managed to convince their mom and dad to give it another try…Joshua has a fantasy that Jethro threatened his parents that he'll shoot them if they were going to get a divorced…that's the story he told his classmates anyway! And Jaclyn told her classmates that Special Agent Jethro has a gun, he is hers and…related to her…thank God, Aunt Katie and boss Gibbs are married…they are really related!

"Jethroooooo…" Jaclyn wails at his uncle, who is standing about two meters away from the racket, watching them.
"Guys…c'mon…share!" he walks nearer to the bickering kids.
Their uncle lifts the girl to the swimming board, and then he lifts the boy up too, so the both of them are perched on each side, their feet are under water, splashing around, half of Jethro's body is submerged in the sea.
"See…without each other…you won't balance…" he looks at the two smucks in satisfaction, as they stop bickering…but it doesn't last long.
"I don't like you Joshua"
"I don't like you too, Jaclyn"
Jaclyn stuck out her tongue at him.
"You have cooties, you are a girl" Joshua flinches horribly at his sister.
"No, I don't!" Jaclyn is really pissed; "I'm going to tell Aunt Katie…"she threatens.
"Tater tells!!!" Joshua comes back at her.
"Why do I have a sister, Jethro? I prefer a brother…" Joshua complaints to his uncle, who is shaking his head looking at the two of them bickering…non stop.
"Guys…" Gibbs tries to stop their squabble.
"I like Bobby, he's a boy!" the five and a half years old exclaims
"Bobby doesn't like you, he drools all over you…" Jaclyn said to her brother.
"Bobby is a baby JACLYN!...he drools on everybody!!!...girls…stupid…hopeless" Joshua has enough of his chatty sister.
"May be you got switch at the hospital Jaclyn!...ha ha ha…" Joshua laughs, thinking about the sweet possibilities.
"I did NOT!...Jethro" she whines.

Their non stop quarrel is cut short by the sudden arrival of…
"BOBBYYYYY…" they yell in unison excitedly at their baby cousin.
A chubby baby gurgles at them, waving his arms, kicking his legs eagerly wanting to join the merriment and into the rippling water.
The boy squeals gleefully as his mother dips him in shallow water.
"Aunt Katie…I want to hold Bobby!"
"Me too, me too!!!!!"
"No…don't give Bobby to her, he might caught her cooties!...euuww" Joshua winches.
"Hey…..I DON"T HAVE COOTIES!!!…" Jaclyn is angry.
Kate looks at her niece and nephew fondly, her husband is holding their floating board, and he is standing right behind them.
"Later…ok guys?…play nice! Ok, don't fight…you guys promised!" she reminds them.

Kate is standing at the shore; she lowers him to the sand, holding her son in front of her, Bobby is wearing a "red swimming trunk with a white skull and cross bones on his bum", a gift from Abby, she thought it would be perfect for the little boss man; both Kate and Jethro tilt their heads to have a closer look when Abby whipped out the red minute trunk in front of their bewildered faces…they grinned and thanked her.
Gibbs sees Bobby cautiously place his feet on the warm wet sand, feeling the strange texture underneath his feet; his son looks back to his mother for assurance and grins before placing both of his chubby feet down, he is looking at the sand and his feet, concentrating on the new experience, twigging his stubby toes, he doesn't realize his father there in front of him, behind his noisy cousins.

"Robert…" Gibbs calls out to him.
Robert is taken aback to hear his voice; Gibbs sees his head snap up, searching for him; when the boy finds his dad, his blue eyes lit up, his arms struggles to set himself free from his mother's grip, he wants to walk or crawl or swim, whatever it takes to go to his sweet old dad.
Kate lifts him up to his dad, Gibbs hold his son and walks back into the seaside a few steps to be close to the two kids under his watch.
"Bobby…come here!!!" Joshua bellows
Kate is walking behind her husband towards the kids, when suddenly as they reach the floating board; Gibbs throws Bobby up in the air, Bobby lets out a joyous screams as he is being thrown up and goes down, ends up in his dad arms over and over again as his dad catches his falling body.
"Jethro…" Kate looks at her husband, a little bit worried as he throws their boy up and down the air.
"He loves it Kate!!!" Gibbs said excitedly, matching his son's exhilaration, cheered by Trouble and Problem, clapping their hands.
After Gibbs feels that his son has enough excitement for the day, in his arm; he blows raspberry to his fat tummy. Robert giggles and grabs his dad's ear.
Not wanting to miss the fun; his cousins jumps in the sea to join the fun, they take turn playing with the little boy.
Robert is being submerged under water, in his father arms; the kid has no fear of water, especially with all the people around him; not to forget his dad is making sure he is within his reach at all time, he feels safe.

The kids shout, sing, swim and dance at the beach, even Jaclyn gets to show off her ballet recital to her audience…while Joshua makes funny faces, mocking her, until his uncle smacks his head accordingly and he rubs his smacked head and grins.
Anyway, to summarize the activity… they make lots of noises…and Robert just follows his bliss…

Trouble and Problem
Kate is in her white tankini, looking at her family, she laughs and plays together with them, and she is happy and content among them.
Robert is almost nine month old, her niece is four and a half and Joshua is five and a half, but the boy often claims to be six years old, if his sister is not around to comment on his real age.

What really happened was that, about two weeks ago; Trouble and Problem pleaded, bugged and annoyed the hell out of their parents to let them visit their "bestest, coolest aunt, uncle and cousin, of course!" in the whole world; Joshua was especially good and begs his mother while Jaclyn…the girl was using her deathly skills…her puppy eyes and her honeyed smiles…to her daddy…that she "looooves sooooo much…"
After three days of annoying pleads and noise their parents admit defeat and Jeremy made the call to his brother in law, asking his permission whether they mind two boisterous kids coming along their way to mess their house; he knows that they have hectic jobs with no fix hours and with the latest addition to their family, they might be overwhelmed with the arrival of another two trouble makers.

Gibbs said yes on the spot!
He recalled the great time he has with them; he loves them to pieces, and looking forward to have them loiter around his home, even Ducky and Abby were excited as they overheard the news, they both of them left quickly to "get" stuff for them while talking about how much fun its going to be; and he is sure that Kate would love to have them.
On the D-Day, their father dropped them at NCIS HQ; Gibbs was waiting for them at the entrance, Kate was away on a case with her boss, O'Brien; Robert was asleep in his cot at the corner of Abby's lab.

Gibbs witnessed his niece and nephew…they are really related now; dashing madly towards him, screaming his name on top of their lungs…forgetting their luggage; their father was laughing when he saw them lunged at the man, at the same time!…knocking him down.
His brother in law joked," With this, I hand over my children to you, and you have my full permission to spank their ass when it's needed"
But of course, they know that their beloved coffee addicted Uncle Jethro would never ever spank their sorry asses; after they kissed their daddy goodbye, they fidgeted, waiting to go in the HQ.

So the kids stayed with them for a week, it was fun, it was great, and it was crazy!
Their house is full of noise, laughter, bickers and gurgles. Abby spent the night whenever she could, she loved it there; Abby is amazingly great with kids and she took great care of them too.

Almost every morning Tony come to have breakfast with them, he brought all kind of "sugary breakfast" for tots; he helped managed Trouble, Problem and Drool, too.
Kate thought it was fun doing grocery with an infant and two kids, she witness how Jethro handled them; he did…fairly well.
But deep down, even he knows that the kids are not that bad, they played freely with him but they know when to stop and listen to their aunt and uncle; even Joshua can help watched for Bobby when the boy's parents are way too busy.
Ducky comes over every single day…he baby sat them, lost among the laughter and jokes…while the adults ran errands and…mountains of laundry.

Kate and Jethro were in their bedroom…
"You did great daddy…" Kate kissed him hard, as he lay down on their bed, it was almost 11 at night, before they managed to sort of "sedate" Trouble, Problem and Drool (Joshua calls Bobby "drool", because he drools all the time).
"Kate…help me…they drain my energy…" he said to his wife, he was plopped on their bed after his shower.
"Yeah? I think I can help you…recharge your battery sweetie…" as she went on top of him, kissing him all over, until they were both dazed. When they broke their kiss to breathe, Gibbs jumped to lock their door and leaped back to his wife on the bed and they made love.
In the middle of the night she felt him moved, she saw him exited their room to check on the kids, then returned to their bed.
"I love you Jethro…" she surprised him, he thought she was asleep.
"I love you too Kate…" and they slept until the morning greeted them to start the day.
===============================================================

Few days later, the Gibbs finds out that they could afford few days off for a short trip; after arranging their parents to pick them up after the trip, they are off the next morning.
It was crazy, the preparation was frantic, but they had fun doing it. You can not imagine the racket they made before taking off, of course after Joshua and Jaclyn promised to be good trouble and problem, as always.
After they strapped the kids down, they took off…"to the beach"; Trouble and problem sang for a few hours, while Drool just shrieked gaily, following his cousins' excitement and of course…drool all over himself and whoever were seating beside him…

-Tbc-nova2007
Let me know what you think...
Chapter End Notes:
Seies: Trouble&Problem>>Marital Bliss>>Imagine>>Cursed&Blessed>>Drool>>All I have>>Immortality(end)