- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Even Fornell is taken by by his charm...
The Journey
They had a great time! Starting from the journey…
The kids' parents check on them, they talked over Aunt Katie's mobile on the way to the beach and Jaclyn explained that Uncle Jethro's friend has a small place, near the beach and he lends his place to them for the vacation…and of course she and her brother were invited; Kate tried really hard to contain her laughter…but she glared at Joshua when he heard him said that he is going to drown his sister in the sea.
Robert is strapped to his baby chair at the backseat, in the middle of his noisy cousins; they were forever kissing his wet face, giving him attention and playing with him. The nine month old is teething and he drools like a lake, Joshua said.
===============================================================
After an hour stop at the gas station and Denny's restaurant, finally…they didn't talk much anymore; they've sang, screamed and talked all the way, the adults just shake their head listening to their antics, soon after their tummies are filled…the trio slept peacefully at the back seat.
Gibbs sometimes look back through his mirror, checking on them…actually there was nothing to be check on, they were fast asleep…but he just like looking at them.
Then he looked to his side and saw his wife concentrating on the map.
"Kate…" he called her.
"Hmm?" she was still reading the map, ignoring him.
"Kate…" he smiled and tried again.
"Ya?..." still reading the map.
"Katie…" he grabbed her wrist and she finally looked at him
"I don't need you reading the map Kate…I got it, they told me exactly how to get there…" he convinced his worn-out wife. She smiled and folded the map.
===================
"Why don't you rest Kate?...take a nap like the trio back there…look at them" he pointed at them cheekily.
"You didn't sleep much last night" he knew that she prepared for the whole trip while he snoozed with the kids around him.
Kate looked at the backseat…they are asleep like angels. She smiled at the trio, Bobby was strapped in the middle of his niece and nephew, and he was drooling in his sleep.
"I am not sleepy Jet…" she yawned and gave him a quick peck on his cheek; she thought he looked so sexy in his white shirt and his old BDU pants.
"Humor me Katie…please" he looked at her for a while before he concentrated on driving again.
=================
As he drove by, he noticed that his Katie was napping within minutes; snuggled on her seat, lift her feet up, in fetal position facing him.
He recalled their conversation before they left the house, when the kids were ready inside the car. He let her know what he felt, just as she was about to entered the car. Kate was in her black short and tank top, just right for his eyes but too little clothing for his taste to be share with other people…in public.
When he said so, she just rolled her eyes, ignored him and entered their car; they've been married for over three years and he is still as possessive as ever.
He also realized that since she has given birth; she often worries about her appearance, scrutinizing her body because it is not what it used to be; what ever she calls it, but he thinks she is still damn hot and loves her even more, the mother to his only son.
He recalled incident months ago; after work, he was too tired to join her to do a quick grocery for Bobby and she made him stay in the car as she took Bobby with her to shop;
He was really bothered with the look that guys gave her as she exited the store, even with Bobby perched to her hip, she was turning head in her regular shorts, top and sandals; that was the last time he let her go alone.
======================

The Beach
So…now…they are playing at the beach, splashing water, building sand castle, burying Uncle Jethro in the sand and of course playing with Bobby.
It was pass noon when Kate lefts the four of them, back to their small make shift quarter, few meters away from the shore to prepare their lunch; she is familiar their appetite, especially after all day of physical activities…and vocal!
The lodging is not too far from the beach, but they thought it would be fun to spend the rest of the day on the beach without having going back on forth to the apartment.
===============================================================
Then Gibbs feels her arms around his waist from behind, she kisses his shoulder
"Hungry?" she asks him, looking at Robert crawling with Jaclyn.
"Yes, Kate…but not for food…" he steals a sudden deep kiss at her
"Very funny Jethro…" and Kate yells for the kids telling them that its lunch time, and picks Robert up from the sand.
=============================================================== The two munchkins and their uncle run to their designated area, they are starving! "WOW" the trio exclaims in unison when they see the food in front of them.
There are all sorts of sandwiches stack high on the plates; there are meat, cheese and peanut butter jelly sandwiches, potatoes salad, juices and coffee of course.
They eat in gusto while Kate sits Bobby on her lap, feeding him very small portion of mash potatoes salad and his bottled formula.
"Jaclyn, Joshua…Jethro…chew!" Kate reminds them as she looks up and sees them eat like a train…
"And no jumping and running after the meal…ok?" they just nod, their mouths are full.
"We'll take short nap afterwards ok, guys?" Gibbs tells them.
They nod in unison, grinning at him with their mouth full.
"Isss weely goouth aunn katii…" Joshua speaks with his mouth full and still chewing.
"He said, its really good Aunt Katie" Ms. Nosy translates for her brother.
"Yeah Kate…its good…thanks" Jethro said while chewing, he wonders when did she prepares all these meals.
Gibbs admits that his wife is a terrific home taker, even though she has a full time job with a son. She manages to take care of them very well, more than he can take care of himself; he swears that he never feels healthier; with a more comfortable life than before.
Sure, he often cooks and does errands, and feed his son; but her dedication amazed him, but he looks at her now, feeding her son, she looks thinner than ever.
"Kate…let me have Bobby…you should eat…" He raises his hand to his son.
"Don't worry…he is almost done Jethro" she insists.
===============================================================

Nap time
After lunch; Gibbs makes sure that Jaclyn and Robert are really asleep; he knows that they often fake their sleep…by experience.
But he guesses they are really tired from playing, they fall asleep within minutes and they don't even bicker.
He turns his back and sees his wife rocks his son to sleep, but the little boy sees his father and screams, raises his chubby hands to him; Gibbs picks him up, nuzzles him to his chest and slowly pats his bottom to make him sleep.
The boy still wishes to play with his dad's ears and hair, but soon his dad's rocking him and patting his bum has proved to be to good to resist and he falls asleep.
Kate tidies the kids' mess and she finally eats, she relaxes for a while and rests her eyes.
===============
The kids are sleeping at the edge; Gibbs places his boy in the middle of his mom and his cousins.
He lies beside Kate and spoons her; she is awake by his sudden presence.
"It's ok Kate…sleep…" he assures her when he sees her awake.
"Ok" She answers meekly, feels him kiss her shoulder lightly…but the soft gesture kisses, becomes less friendly as he kisses her neck too.
Kate turns her body to face the kisser and kiss him passionately until they are both moaning and breathless when they break their locks to breathe.
===================
She feels his palms roaming on her back and chest.
"Jethro…" she warns him half heartedly.
"What Kate?" he pretends
"Did you see the tots behind me? She points him where the kids lay.
"Yes…and they are very asleep!" he answers smartly and grins at her.
He kisses her again before she has the chance to answer his remarks.
Seconds later he hears her moans in his mouth; his hand is all over her body, she bits his lips naughtily; he is so glad that she is in her swimwear; so his hands can have easy access to her body and touch her skin.
He hears himself groans too; he pulls her closer to him grinding his groin to her, he slips his fingers into her bottoms, grazing her ass, she quivers under his touch.
Suddenly Gibbs sees shadows coming to their direction; he assesses the intruders to his makeshift quarter and decides that they are harmless, and he concentrates on his deed with his willing wife.
===============================================================
Then, Kate hears…"NICE GOING MAN!" and she freeze, notices her husband chuckles and said thanks to whoever was praising him.
She pinches his lower stomach lightly, she is so embarrass, as he yelps and laughs, they can still hear the guy saying to his girlfriend that no wonders they have three kids…
He struggles to escape from her attack; she accidentally feels his hardening groin.
"You are UNBELIEVABLE" she exclaims
"Thanks Kate…I take it as a compliment" and he yelps again, this time…louder.
===============================================================

Time off
It was the best vacation ever, Jaclyn and Joshua vote.
Gibbs thinks so too, spending three days together with his wife, kid, niece and nephew. For the first time in his life, he is not keen on the prospect of going back to work, which never happens before. His work used to be his life, his dedication.
Kate and he tried really hard to have vacation together since Robert is borne; but they work at different team with different case and schedules, it is so hard to get the same days off together apart from the weekends.
So when they finally got it, they were out the door faster than the speeding bullet with their bundle of joy, Trouble and Problem.
===============================================================
Just two months ago, Robert started crawling; Kate was forever following him to make sure he didn't bang his head to furniture, but still the 6 months old boy bested the 33yrs old mom.
He managed to get hurt and cried his lungs out; he is nine month old, last week he started standing and learning to balance himself…actually he waddles.
Kate placed him in a box when she was busy, but his dad felt sorry when he saw his son looking up at him with his sad puppy eyes, arms stretched out, asking his dad to pick him up and play.
Just two months ago, they bought 2 boxes for him, one in their house and another in his or hers' bullpen.

But two weeks later, Ducky couldn't help himself and bought another box for his grandson and of course, he put it in the Autopsy room…"so he has one here when he naps with me…"Ducky explains to Kate, showing her the fully stock pen "just for Robert"; then one week later Abby couldn't help herself, perhaps she was annoyed that her favorite boy spends more time with Ducky than with her, SO the Goth decided to buy a new box for bobby and of course it is placed in her lab…"so you don't have to move yours around from the bullpen Gibbs…its easier like this" Abby explained excitedly, showing him the cool box.
So, Robert has a total of 4 boxes just for himself; one in his home, one in the bullpen, one is Abby's lab and another one in Ducky's Autopsy room; not to mention the amount of toys he got from his fellow sitters around NCIS; he is more popular than his dad because he is all cute and sweet, a very friendly boy…unlike his beloved daddy, Special Agent Gibbs...not very sweet and friendly.
=====================

Even Fornell was taken by him.
The first time Agent Fornell laid eyes on Bobby, he was asleep in his bullpen's box; the place was empty, just some administrative staffs passing by occasionally; his mom and dad are away, working.
Fornell was looking for Special Agent Gibbs, to proposed a shared investigation on the recent case, his colleagues dumped the duty of going to NCIS to him because they said he knows Gibbs…very well, Fornell just smirked and headed to NCIS.
He arrived in an unusually quiet bullpen…when the presence of a child pen at a corner caught his interest; the "thing" is out of place…a cot in the middle of Federal Office HQ? He walked cautiously to the box, raising his brow and the FBI Agent found a sleeping baby boy in the cot.

Fornell looked at him for a very long time, lost in his gaze, he guessed it must be Gibbs' as he guiltily recalled the ghastly incident with Haswari, but…the boy looked like a cherub, he is too angelic to be his, he thought as he has tasted Gibbs' wraths too many times, then the boy opened his clear blue eyes, stared at the new person and smiled his toothless grin at the old man who was looking at him…yeah, its Gibbs' all right.
Fornell smiled and said softly to him "Hellooo…you must be Gibbs', you have his eyes…but I am hoping that you do not possess his temper…" and he picked the boy up from him pen, perched him on his chest, Bobby drooled all over him and grab his nose, but Fornell didn't mind.
"Find what you are looking for Agent Fornell?" He heard Gibbs' voice behind him.
"Special Agent Gibbs, I assumed the boy belongs to you…" Fornell is not looking at Gibbs.
"Hell ya Fornell…" The father of the baby answered his question, he wanted to grab his boy, but noticed the look of delight in Fornell's eyes and changed his mind; instead he sits in his chair, looking at them.
Fornell walked to Gibbs' table…still talking nonsense to the infant, he looked around for an empty seat, he took McGee's chair, placed Robert on his lap and pulled out a chocolate from his trench coat; for a while the FBI agent forgot why he was there…until...
"So…what do you want Fornell?" Gibbs asked him, couldn't help himself not to take him son, he walked to Fornell and picked Robert from his lap.
"Oh…yes…I am send here, to ask for a joined investigation…" Fornell was embarrassed and left to the Director's office, to discuss something entirely different…gravely important, after Gibbs violently said NO to his proposal…

Fornell couldn't help feeling guilt and regrets, knowing that Gibbs and his family are far from being safe and it is partly his damn fault. Unfortunately, his superior's decision would follow him to his grave, with regret and despair Fornell looked at the thick sealed file on his hand, to be delivered to the NCIS Director…the "Mossad" case is not over yet; it's out of his hand now, for once Fornell wishes that Gibbs has killed that son of a bitch…and he walked into Morrow's office.
The director looks at him in his eyes…the man suddenly looks older than he really is, eyes the file in his hand and exhales with his deepest regret and anger, "So Agent Fornell…your boss is about to abandon the Mossad case to my lap?..."
===========
-Tbc-nova2007
Chapter End Notes:
sorry for the short chapter...please review, let me know what you think...