- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
They are desperate to find time with each other...
Oblivious to the unforeseeable trouble ahead of them, unaware of the sleeping enemy that might strike back out of vengeance…they are living in the moment of their life…
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Times up
Three days go really fast.
On the last day, the kids' dad came to pick his children; they are going to school at the following Monday…their Uncle Jethro sees them flinch at the thought of school.
After loading the kids' belongings, their dad goes to see his baby nephew, asleep on his chest, in the middle of the bed; the whether is hot so Robert was mad when Kate puts his clothes on, so after her husband convinced her; she lets him nap…just with his pampers on, he is getting used to only using his swimming trunk with no top on.
"Hi Robert…" Jeremy whispers to the boy; he slowly picks him up and carries him in his arms. The boy looks like his mother, with dark brown hair, sharp nose; all cute and cuddly.
Sure, he can see his father's attribute in him, but what?...he couldn't put his finger on it, he decides to have a little bit of fun on Gibbs' expense, after all he married his sister.
"Hey Jethro…you sure this is yours Jethro?" he asks him
"He doesn't look like you at all" he is still looking at the boy's face.
"In fact…he looks like…our mail man...no…oh…yeah, he looks like the guy Kate used to date from the Secret Service…" he laughs and sees Gibbs walking towards them.
Suddenly Jeremy shuts his big mouth!
Robert opens his drowsy eyes looking at his uncle; that's Jethro's eyes and then Jeremy sees the nine months old boy frowns, annoyed by his voice that wakes him up; that's his father's frown all right!
"I take it back Jethro…he is definitely yours" he laughs, looking at his nephew scowling at him…wow, a nine months old that scowl?...he must be Jethro Gibbs'. Then the boy sees his father's face, he squeals in joy, so his dad picks him up and perched him on his hip.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His eyes
Gibbs is used to people voicing their doubt that Robert is his son (joking or not…), but they all shut up and change their minds by the time they see his eyes, because he has his father's eyes.
Gibbs recalled when Robert was just two days old; he was holding his precious in his arms, he can't stop looking at him; Kate was sound asleep, it was early morning in the hospital, he stayed the night and by sun up he asked the nurse whether he could see his son again.
----------------------------
They took pity at him and brought the boy to his parents just in time to be fed.
He was looking at his wife breastfeeding his son, the sight is foreign to the new dad, he was hypnotized by his woman feeding his son…so human and special to his eyes, his baby was sated from his mother's milk; with full stomach he fall asleep again, while his dad rocked him gently.
Holding his son in his arm…he noticed one of his agents arrived with his gaily smiles; Dinozzo arrived and went over to him, he didn't get to hold the boy yesterday because Ducky was there, monopolizing the baby, only Abby got to hold him…and not for long.
"Wow boss, he is an angel" as Dinozzo gazed at him for a very long time.
Then, he opened his big mouth.
"Are you sure…he is yours boss? He is so cute and sweet and pretty like Kate, boss…not like you…" Dinozzo realized what did he just said to the new father who is in love with his infant.
Gibbs would have slapped him hard but he didn't, since he was holding his baby; he has to admit that the boy looks nothing like him.
The baby has soft brown hair with Kate's sweet features…then Dinozzo changed his mind.
"Ah…Boss…" Dinozzo called his boss to look at the boy.
And Gibbs saw his eyes opened for the first time in his life, they gaze at him…clear soft blue eyes…just like his…such a strange phenomena…looking at his own eyes, staring back at him.
"He is definitely yours Boss" Dinozzo exclaimed excitedly and tickled the baby.
The baby scowled at Dinozzo…the baby scowled…not happy with being tickled by him. "Boss…he got your scowl too!" Dinozzo laughed out loud.
---------------------------------

Dividing time
On the journey back home; Gibbs receives a call on his mobile from Ducky wanting Robert to be drop at his place. He misses his grandson.
So they decide to drop him on their way home; Kate never worries to place the boy in Ducky's care, the man is fully equipped to take care and feeds the boy and above that, he loves him to pieces.
-------------------------------------
His mobile rings again, "Gibbs" not too loud as his boy is asleep in his seat.
"Ok…be there in an hour" he answers
"New case?" Kate looks at him; he nods quietly. He is very disappointed; when Ducky called, asking for Robert, he thought he could finally spend some private time with his wife; he plans to make love and snuggles with her until tomorrow.
They are spending less and less time together since Robert was borne; they were busy before he was borne, then when Robert arrived, their life was hectic.
He misses spending time with his wife, it is ridiculous, she is his wife and he should be able to spend time as much as he wants with her.
--------------------------------------
"Jethro…" he is back at the present, Kate touches his wrist when he was lost in his thought.
"Yeah Kate" he acknowledge her.
"You are tired…I could drop you at HQ, and then I drop Bobby at Ducky, ok? C'mon, let's switch…" she tugs his elbow softly.
He doesn't answer her; he just shakes his head, refusing her offer and sighs. Kate looks at his disappointed face, she loves him so much, and she'd do anything for him.
-----------------------------------------
Kate makes a call to Tony.
"Tony…hi sweetie…it's me, he'll be there in three hours, so, do what you need to do…I miss you too, knuckle head, ok, love you too" she hangs up. Her husband is smiling to himself.
"We drop Bobby at Ducky, then we'll go home…make love…have a quick meal and then you can meet Tony, ok" she decides for them, she kisses his stubbly cheek.
His face is lift up with happiness and expectation. Within half an hour they arrive in Ducky's doorstep; Ducky is already waiting for Robert, sitting at his front porch; the boy loves being with the dotty ME.
Kate and Gibbs excuse themselves quickly after kissing their son in Ducky's arms. Then they walk in hand back to their car, they stop in their track when they hear the voice.
"Da...di" Robert screams loudly to his parents.
They turn and run to the giggling boy, kiss him again. He repeats, "Daa..di" along with his drool that Gibbs knows by heart.
Dinozzo once mentioned that usually his boss smells of sawdust, coffee and gunpowder; now his boss smells of drools, milk and powder.
"Guys…don't you need…to go?" Ducky asks the couple who are cuddling their kid. They look at him, "oh…ok, Ducky…bye bobby…see you tomorrow, be good" and they pace back to the car.
Ducky waits for them to leave his lot, "the stories I can tell you about your mommy and daddy would make you giddy, Robert" Ducky talks to him as they enter his house, Bobby grins and eats Ducky's nose, his chubby fingers grab his glasses and drool all over him.
-------------------------------------

Alone time
He drives like a maniac with a purpose, Kate hasn't experience his driving since she lasts worked for him and on the day she went into labor; he drives differently when he is with Robert.
"Wow" she exclaims, when they arrive, screeching in front of their home.
"Wait Katie…you'll say a lot more after I am done with you" he grins at her before he swiftly attacks her sweet lips ravenously…they are still in the car. He cups her face in awe, locking lips, her fingers are tangled in his silver hair; they groan huskily in each other's mouth, they miss being intimate with each other like crazy.
"I was going mad Kate…" he confesses in between their locks.
"I am so sorry baby…forgives me?"
"Hell no…" he groans in frustration as their passionate embrace is heating up by the second.
-----------------------------------
Abruptly Kate breaks their kiss, pushes him by his shoulder; he is surprised by her reaction, he looks at her weird, cocks his head as she grins at him cheekily with her flushed lips from his attacks.
"Race you!" and she makes a mad dash to their home…
Gibbs chuckles insanely as he sees her purse still in her seat, he leisurely picks it up and exits the car, just a little bit uncomfortable because of his hard on, he is amused with her antics.
Then he hears her cursed, "Shit…" she is standing by the door and realizes that their front door is locked, "very smart Kate" she said to herself.
Unwillingly she turns and watches her husband grinning like a maniac, swinging her purse with his fingers.
Then he stalks her like a prey, locking their eyes, he is damn sexy, Kate shivers.
He stops right in front of her, back pressed against the door, he whispers to her mouth, "Forget the key? Kate?" he tries so hard to not laugh at her, she looks mortified.
-----------------------------------
She pouts, not looking at his eyes, then she let out a yelp of surprise and she giggles like a maniac as he tickles her side and tummy; she makes an attempt to stops and block his arms, but he is too strong for her, her puny hands are no match to his.
"Stop it…Jethro…stop it…the key…" she speaks in between her laughter and gasping breath, she is begging and he slows down to have mercy on her.
She snakes her hand to his trouser' pocket for the key and unintentionally grazes his erection. Managed to snatch the key she turns around and tries to unlock the blasted locked door.
He is spooning her from behind, she feels him grinds against her, gripping her hips, at the same time attacking her neck and rubbing his three days old stubbles on her.
Kate tries desperately to open the door but she is distracted by the delicious touch on her neck, Gibbs sees that his wife is about to cry in frustration and he decides that he has tortured her enough for the time being.
He grabs the key from her already weak grasp and unlocks the door, still spooning her; he pushes her inside with his hard body.
--------------------------------------
He is about to kick the door shut,
"Don't you want to grab our staff from the car?" she asks him sweetly
"NOPE" he replies stiffly
"Please?..." she begs him
"Nope" he starts his invasion to her, kissing her neck, grabbing her hips and shut the door with his feet.
"Please Jethro…please…give me a few minutes to prepare…" she begs again, trying to remain cool headed in their heated touch.
"Kate, you don't have to prepare or do a bloody thing to make me want you…"he groans and kisses her; he is desperate for her.
"You won't be sorry…I promised…" she entices him, "Please…" Her ultimate weapon is begging; as mad as he is, as grumpy as he is or as desperate as he is, somehow, he hardly refuses her wish when she begs.
Gibbs rolls his eyes in annoyance, "OK, OK…go" he agreed half heartedly, and unlocked his hold on her waist. She smiles and swiftly goes to their bedroom…and he hears her lock the door.
------------------------------------------
He laughs as he knows the exact reasons why his wife locks the door.
Kate learns it the hard way.
Sometimes, actually many times he sneaked in on her, while she was changing or "preparing" herself; he would stalked quietly and pound on her with no mercy, she would surrenders to his caress and lovemaking anyway; and after the third time he sneaks on her, she locked the door…and he cursed under his breath the first time he encountered the locked door and heard his wife laughing from inside their room.
---------------------------------------
After he recalls couple of autopsy, he manages to walk with less discomfort, but it is still uncomfortable with his erection.
Gibbs goes back to his car to unload their belongings…damn…he walks funny too.
He eases Kate's household burden by dumping their dirty clothes in the washing machine, he smiles and touches his son's minute clothes compare to his; he is still captivated by his presence in his life.
He might not be a romantic, he might not be a flower person, he might not remember their anniversary, but he is a considerate man; he helps as much as he can, whenever he can to help her run their household.
Kate has to juggle housework, their baby and work, she is amazing; but he noticed that she is been losing weight since Bobby was borne, she is thinner than ever.
Sometimes she is just too tired to eat, she chooses to sleep rather than eat; many time Gibbs stop his son crawling to his mommy who was asleep on the couch, "shh…Bobby, mommy asleep…" and he would take him to the basement and play with him there.
--------------------------------
Back to his present moment, in his laundry room, he glances at the time…its been almost ten minutes since Kate has "excuse" herself from him…he grins slyly…he is going to make her scream her little head off…and he stalks up to his room…to his wife…
He knocks on the door…"Kate"
No reply, he opens the door and peek inside…
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Tbc-nova2007