- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Losing the battle...struggling between their work and their son...things are about to change...
Intimate
He peeks inside their room…he regrets not coming sooner…
The bedroom is lit by candles; he smells a pleasant fragrance starting to creep to his nose…Kate is perched on their bed, on top of the bed cover. She is lying on her stomach, facing the door, her head is braced by her hands and her legs bend almost touching her bum, waiting for him…
"Hi…" she smiles to her husband as she greets him…he just grins at her…she looks ravishing. He enters the room, closed the door and walks to the…no…his Venus, on his bed in his home…life is worth living.

His gaze is lock on her form…she is wearing, dear God, a lingerie, that he often saw in one of Dinozzo's "health" magazines or catalogues…just swallowing the vision is enough to makes him hard. In his eyes, she is perfect, just the way she is…She beckons him with curling her index finger slyly..."Come here…" she murmurs to him, looking into his eyes, Kate notices that her husband is looking at her in awe, the man adores her, he loves her.
"You have too much clothes…Jethro" she cocks her head up at him. "That…can be arranged Kate…" he quickly tries to undress himself, but she stops him, she grasps his wrist, he is standing right in front of her. "Please…let me…I want to…" she asks for the privilege; he has no power to answers her request, he just nod slightly. Kate raises herself to her knees, to have better access undressing the willing man within her reach.

Purposely, she starts by slowly unbuttoning his top; when done she rains butterfly kisses all over his hard chest and nubs; she continues her mission as she unbuckles his belt, unbutton his jeans, pulls down the zipper…and she feels him quiver voluntarily from the anticipation…she loves to drives him wild; she hears him groans when she slips her hands underneath his boxer…to graze his clenched bum, she ignores him and she slips them down…and then she admires the man that she loved…her savior, her knight, her man. "Kate…" he calls out to her in desperation…"shh…" she calms him down, looking at him with love in her heart, "I love you Jethro", "I love you too Katie…" he replies before he infiltrates her body to her core, just as she likes it; the woman has…God, he whispers under his breath, when he realized that she is not wearing panties, just fish net stockings…he is going insane; his brain is whipped and melting through his nose.

"Do you like that you see?" she moans against his ears, nip him. "Yes Kate!" that's all he could muster before he topples her to the bed and make love to his wife, their love making is long and loving this time, she sets the rhythm and he follows her into oblivion, he came deep and hard against her writhing body, calling her name…

Calming down from the aftermath, he continues his routine of cleaning her wetness and his come on her; she often dozes off as he does it, after he is satisfied that she will be comfortable, he slips from the bed…off to work.
"Jethro…are you going now?" she looks at to him expectantly. "Yeah, baby, I have too…" he regrets not being able to spends more time with her. "Five minutes…just five minutes…I won't ask for more, I promised" she begs him.

How could he refuse such request? He slips his still heated naked body next to hers, they lie on their side and…they sleep for an hour or so.
When Gibbs is awake, he feels so much better…his spirit is better, he is happy with their recent vacation…he notices Kate's side of the bed is empty, places his hand on the sheet, its already cold. He grabs his boxer short and quickly goes down, he hears some noise, it must be her…yeah, and there she is in the kitchen…busy, busy with what?

"Kate?" he calls her "Hi…you sleep well…" she kisses his stubbly cheeks. "Go on…get ready…eat something, then off you go to Tony…" she continues her activities; she is preparing meal for him and coffee is already brewing, its aroma is assaulting his nose.
So, half an hour later, Jethro Gibbs left his home with a full stomach, coffee in his hand, and sexually satisfied…life is wonderful, as he drives out his place, making sure Kate drives out before him, she needs to do some errands and grocery she said; waiting until he can't see her car anymore then he contacts Tony for his location.
===============================================================

Dinozzo's team
"Did you get the information, McGee???" Tony asked him smugly, he loves being in charge…his boss is not there. "No…the person is fairly uncooperative…" McGee sighs, "We should wait for boss right Tony? And…"
"No, McGee…we are not going to wait…" and Dinozzo shoves confused McGee to the witness' house, McGee stumbles through the stairs, straighten his suit, looking nervously at grinning Tony…and knocks at the door, again!
==============

Gibbs meets his agents at the crime scene; he exits his car…"BOSS…" Tony calls out to him excitedly, with McGee on his side…looks beat!
"Dinozzo, McGee…" he acknowledges his agents. "Wow…Boss, the sun, the heat…they do you good…you look good boss…" Tony, being himself…
"Dinozzo…" he shuts him up. "Oh…it's all done here boss…" and Dinozzo briefs him on the case while McGee states the fact…Gibbs is listening to the both of them…"OK…What's next Dinozzo?..."he asks the man

Two hours later, they are at the HQ for follow up and handing in evidences to Abby; Gibbs is sitting in his chair, Dinozzo is out for further investigation and McGee is working on his computer and enquiring information over the phone, which is usually Kate's job.
Gibbs noticed that Dinozzo has changed…for the better, since Kate left the team, it took them more than a month to get used working without her with the same efficiency. For the past two years, Special Agent Dinozzo is still a knuckle head to the outsiders, but to Gibbs, he has becomes more focus and sober in his job, his methods are definitely not his favorite, but his results are up to his expectation.

Like today, Dinozzo has exceeded his expectation, with McGee as the "bait" of course, his foolish method works. He is actually impressed with their results; they did everything according to his wish, just as he would do.

The Director had approved the additional agent's to his team since Kate has been transferred to O'Brien's; but Gibbs never really bother with it, but last week before his short leave; Morrow called him, asking him to seriously look for another agents for his team, and Gibbs is interviewing people this week.
Gibbs looks at McGee, lost in his job, the man has find his place, "confidence is the key" Gibbs shouts at him months ago as he slapped his head, now the man seems to be doing fine…each day, learning and gaining experience in his own pace.
There is no doubt that McGee is very good in his job, especially the part that Gibbs hates…technology and computer, but he lacks Dinozzo adventurous flair of methods in gaining information…each of them is distinctly different, but they balanced each other's extremes…Gibbs sighs in satisfaction, its employee appraisal in two month, and he know exactly what he is going to appraised on.
==============================================================

Struggling
Special Agent Dinozzo and McGee fight over Robert's attention.
Kate often drops him in their bullpen when she, the receptionists and operators are swamped; then Abby or Ducky would fight over for him after the team leaves the HQ.
Last week, Kate was back early for an interrogation, she searched high and low for her son, almost in tears…everybody is out, it was a busy week, she dare not call her husband because he would freaked out…worse than her, fifteen minute of hell…with the help from frightened Ducky; the horrified ME has started looking in the bathrooms, but Robert can't walk, he talked to himself; then she heard his peachy squeal and mumbles. Kate looked up…MTAC? And dashed to the MTAC, and she found her Director Morrow and Fornell were conversing, with Robert in the middle seat, making a hell of racket, she quickly apologized and took his son, but they said they don't mind the company.

Her parents said they would love to have their grandson for good if they are swamped with their job, her mother never like her job; saying that Gibbs and she can see their son on weekends; Gibbs almost chased them out the house, if not for Kate's death glare over him.
They are both not willing to be separated from their baby, not ever; Gibbs scowled for the whole night, he started working on his boat…then after she guessed that he has calmed down, with Bobby in her arms, she went down to the basement…the first sentence he said as he saw her down the basement was…
"Damn it! Over my dead body Kate…there is no way in damnation your parents are keeping my child…" he said furiously, while sanding the wood…poor woods, Kate flinched
"Jethro…" she tries…but he cuts him off. "You should quit your job Kate…I don't mind, actually I never mind…I can afford all of us…nothing fancy or luxury, but I can…it is not a problem, we are not poor…" the man is frustrated, his voice is getting louder by each second, Kate is used to it, but not the ten months old boy in her arms...Robert started to quiver in his mommy's arms and he bawled…loudly, he thought his daddy was mad at him, he heard him shouted before, yes, but not shout in anger like now.
Gibbs stopped shouting within the second, dropped his tool and take Robert from her arms; calming him down, apologizing and shushing him; Kate is thankful for Robert's presence in times like this…and she left them alone…as she left the basement, her husband is swaying the boy, whispering to his ears…loving the boy.

That night after their boy was tucked between them; she calmed him down, told him that there is no way in hell she was going to let her parents took Robert away from them, even though they have five of him, they'll keep them all, then they'll choose the smartest one and he got to go to college…and he laughed.
She told him that their small family needed her income, for Robert's future and savings…she loves doing it, she is used to working anyway…"discussion closed" as she kissed him goodnight.

That night Gibbs didn't sleep, he prayed that his ex-wives got married…soon! So that he can stop paying the damn alimony! He makes good income, but the Alimonies are really affecting his family now. He wishes he could afford all of them well enough, so his wife could quit her job and stay at home, or hire some help…
=============

But life is far from being easy! Yes they are very happy, but they are struggling to keep up with their job and son.
The Gibbs are extremely grateful with their friends and colleagues; Special Agent Xavier helps take care of Bobby too; once both O'Brien and Gibbs teams are so busy, it was already 9 at night, Kate and James are not back yet; he was worried about his son, because Abby was sick and Ducky has to be at the crime scene.
He quickly looked for his son at Kate's bullpen, only to find the boy, asleep…perched on O'Brien's chest, his colleague. They were both asleep on the chair; Bobby drooled all over the old man's tie and shirt.
=============

The insanity
But Robert Jethro Gibbs is a growing boy; he is getting bigger and naughtier by the day, his inquisitive nature makes him furious if he is restrained in the small box; toys can't keep his interest anymore, he wants to move, he wants to walk and look, touch, smells…and sometimes, eat!...Robert's vocabulary is made out of four words, "Mommy, daddy, yes and NO"
His personal ME/grandpa/Ducky said he is perfect! Just the way an intelligent ten months old should behave…but his beloved parents are struggling to keep up with his activities, he is not a mean cry baby, but…his boxes are not containing anymore, and he is not even one yet, he waddles, he can't walk yet but hell…he can throws tantrum if he was left in the box, alone. Other agents would feel awfully sorry looking at the big blue eyes and sad chubby face…begging them so set him free.
-----------------------------------

Just this morning, after Gibbs' monthly meeting with the director, he almost has a cardiac arrest when he returned to his bullpen to find his box empty, his son was supposed to be sleeping and there was no one around; he searched high and low for the boy, thinking about all the possibilities and…"bad" possibilities, the stairs, elevators, corners, interrogation rooms, calling his name and listening to his call or laughter; in his heart…his fear of losing him, makes him go crazy. Gibbs was about to smash the partitions out of panic and rage, what the hell is he going to do?
When he saw Special Agent Balboa with Robert on his shoulder, walking towards him, the boy was pulling Balboa's hair furiously, playing with it and Gibbs breathes…and heard his scream, "DA…Diiiii" he gleefully called his old dad…he is happy to be free!!!

Balboa saw Gibbs' worried face, he quickly explained, the man looked pale, "He was pissed off when I found him Gibbs, he tried to climbed off the box but he falls over, he was about to cry and he was screaming, so I took him…we walked around for a while…" the terrified agent explained to the boy's pale faced father. "Thanks…Balboa" Gibbs finally speak, Balboa was so surprised he just gaped at him as Gibbs reached out to pick the boy.
==========

Gibbs slumped on is chair with Robert tight in his arms, his feet felt weak…"Did you do that Bobby?" he asks the boy, and he nodded excitedly.
He kissed his boy and walked to his messed up pen, he has to meet Dinozzo and McGee at the scene; he was about to lower him down when Robert frantically struggled to get out from his arms, crying and screaming, "NO…NO...NO…NO…NOOOO" over and over again, he is NOT getting in again, ever! And then, "MOOMMYYYY…." He screamed and cried unhappily.
==========

Morrow's decision
Director Morrow was coming out from the meeting room, the Director was about to enter his office, talking to his secretary when he heard the very loud cry of a very unhappy boy, must be Robert, he told himself; the man smiled and he changed his direction; instead he walked towards the noise…he has some free time, he could used some laugh with his antics…but he stopped in his track, when he witness the sad scene.
Looking down to the bullpen, he saw how Jethro Gibbs was torn between taking care of his son and his job; the boy was crying and calling for his mother, expressing himself, not wanting to go back to his prison.

The Director looked at the heartbreaking scene for quite some time. He made a decision perhaps about a year ago…but he waited; to see…to make sure that he was making the right one…and he is finally convinced and ready to make the changes.
That is not the way to live, he knows Jethro Gibbs for a very long time…"its time", whether he likes it or not, the changes has to take place as soon as possible. And Morrow walked back to his office and called his secretary in for paperwork; he asked for Special Agent Jethro Gibbs and…Caitlyn Todd; His old secretary Mrs. Adams looked at him in shock, but he ignored it…it couldn't be postponed any longer…
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Tbc-nova2007...please review...
Chapter End Notes:
Enjoy the ride!!!