- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
setting the scene - and guess what?? LOL...no smut! Just chat!!
Alex took a lungful of fresh air as he stepped out through the street level doors of the club, grinning cheerfully at Steve the bouncer as the other man pulled on a cigarette with a look of contentment. "All quiet?"

"As it can be at this hour, Boss." Steve nodded his blond head, dropping the cigarette butt at his feet, grinding it into the pavement with the heel of his shoe. "All in all, it's been a quiet night all together."

"Maybe, but it doesn't pay to get complacent," Alex remarked carefully. "We're looking after some real reputations here - don't forget that."

Steve looked suitably admonished at the veiled warning and nodded, his grey eyes shining in the lamplight. "Sorry, Boss."

"Hey, don't take what I just said the wrong way," Alex said, a hand on Steve's shoulder. "Expect the unexpected." He dropped his hand away, shoving both into the pockets of his pants, glancing up and down the street. "You're right - it is quiet tonight."

"Embrace it," Steve chuckled. "Tomorrow's Saturday - it'll be hell!"

Alex laughed at that and then nodded. "Too right - although - I really believe we have the best job in the world."

"Yeah - nothing like throwing out undesirables to get the adrenalin pumping." Steve grinned, nudging Alex with his elbow. "You remember last winter in all those blizzards - didn't we beat our record for the most drunken snow angels on this very sidewalk?"

"I do - and you won by a head - literally! You staying here?"

Steve nodded. "A few more heading our way," he jerked his chin in the general direction of a group of people crossing the street and immediately moved into bouncer mode as he pulled himself to his full height, spread his feet apart and folded his hands before him - fixing the newcomers with a welcoming smile.

"If they want food - they'll be unlucky - Nicky just closed the kitchen."

"Just now?" Steve looked crestfallen. "He promised me burger and fries!"

"To punters - not staff - when's your break?"

"Half an hour - don't fail me, Alex."

"Have I ever?"

"There was that time - or was that when you - no - it was when you decided - " Steve glanced to his boss quickly and winked. "Kidding Boss, just kidding."

"I'm outta here!" Alex shot back as he headed inside, spying Rick as he was about to open his office door. "Hey, bro," he called, skirting a few patrons and following Rick into the room. "What's up?"

"Up? Why should anything be up?" Rick flopped down onto the sofa wearily and sighed as he scuffed a hand over his face.

"Because you've got a face like a bulldog chewing a bee," Alex leaned against the desk, arms folded across his chest. "Something's up."

Rick closed his eyes and let his head fall back, opening them to stare at the ceiling before letting out a growl of frustration. "Gramps is what's up - he gave me nothing! Nothing to go on!"

"Niet?"

"Except," Rick paused. "I was aware of an odd smell - nothing I recognised."

"Perfume?"

"No - definitely not perfume. More chemical than that - not like anything I've ever come across before." He heaved himself to his feet and walked across to the bar on the far side of the room, pouring himself two fingers of malt whisky. Alex shook his head at the offer of a drink, frowning as Rick swallowed the contents down in one, grimacing as the liquor burned a trail to his stomach.

"No visuals?" Alex queried, eyes narrowed in thought.

"No, just a real nasty sense of - I don't know what - the only word that fits is - trepidation?"

Alex threw himself into a nearby armchair, drumming his fingers on the arm briefly, brow furrowed in thought. "As I see it," he glanced at his watch. "We're closing in little less than an hour - those that are staying are already safe upstairs - including Jethro and Tony. Entrances and exits will be secured, cameras all over the place - nothing will be able to get in - so I'd downgrade to a code yellow?"

Rick nodded in agreement, placing his empty glass on the desk. "Who's patrolling tonight?" He lifted a hand to the back of his neck and rolled his head around, groaning softly as the tension there melted away.

"Matt, Pete and Simon - I can have Steve stay on too - if you'd like? And - for the record - you look done in."

"Thanks," Rick let his head drop forward. "Steve's done long shifts twice this week," He pointed out with a smile as he lifted his eyes to his brother. "Let him go home - his wife's forgotten what he looks like!"

"Always the nicest boss," Alex teased rising to his feet. "Have you thought about what you're going to say to Jethro about - things?"

"He's already aware something is going on," Rick yawned, stretching his arms above his head. "But we got interrupted when Tony woke up." The clock on the wall behind Alex showed 5.10am and Rick yawned again - noisily. "And I've a feeling I'll have the chance for a word with them both - you know Gibbs and routine - when I allow it."

"Just make sure you don't leave anything out," Alex warned as he made for the door.

"What's to leave out?" Rick shot back. "All I've got is a gut feeling!"

"You know Gibbs - gut is good!"

"Most of the time," Rick murmured to himself. "I just hope to hell Gramps isn't fucking with me - if he is - he dies - again!"

*****

"Hold it right there," Gibbs held up a hand, stopping Tony in his tracks. "Haven't you forgotten something?"

Tony looked back at him expectantly and then slapped his hands to the pockets of his jeans, collected up his jacket and checked those pockets before shrugging on the butter soft black leather, tugging it straight. "No, don't think so."

Gibbs held up the thin collar he'd been wearing when they'd arrived, stepping behind his young lover and fastening it in place. "Much better," he whispered, heated breath against Tony's flesh had the younger agent tenting instantly. "Down boy - playtime later."

Tony gaped at him for a second as Gibbs unlocked and opened the door to the corridor. "I can't just - lose it on command!" Gibbs stared at the bulge visible in Tony's jeans and tilted his head, nodding approval. "Will you quit that?" Instinctively, he drew the sides of the jacket across his middle in the hope that it would cover him until he had a chance to - recover - but much to his annoyance, he realised just thinking about it made his cock hardened all the more. "Day-um!" He swore under his breath. "You know what this means, don't you?" he goaded, fixing Gibbs with his most lecherous smirk.

"I do." Gibbs sauntered across the room at a measured pace. "You have a hard on - and I'm hungry - which means - you will have to put up and shut up - deal with it - later if you have to." As if on cue, someone's stomach rumbled loudly which kind of ruined the moment - and after a staring match - and a few more tummy rumbles - Gibbs couldn't help himself and began laughing, Tony tried not to - and failed - both men wiping tears from their eyes as they tumbled through the door and made their way to the elevator - both still sniggering and both silently grateful for the respite from the intensity they'd shared only hours and minutes before.

"How's your ass?" Gibbs asked as the elevator doors hissed closed, glancing at his lover briefly.

"It's been better - but whatever's in that gel - it's done the job - I think I'll be able to sit without wincing." Tony's hand moved to his butt, pressing his fingers gently against the denim clad flesh and he could not help but let out a quiet grunt.

"You're in pain," Gibbs stated flatly. "If you can't sit down - we don't have to - "

"No," Tony held up a hand. "I'm all right - really." He smiled at the concerned look on Gibbs's face. "Honestly - Jethro - it's okay. Besides - what was it you said earlier? About liking the burn?" Gibbs made to say something but thought better of it, instead choosing to slap Tony upside the head before turning to face the elevator doors again.

"What was that for?" Tony grimaced, rubbing the back of his head.

"Just checking you're awake."

*****

The two men sauntered across the vast hall towards the bar area once again, Gibbs raising a hand in greeting to Nicky who acknowledged them with a bright smile as he poured two large mugs of coffee, placing them on the bar before him. As Tony reached for his, Nicky snatched it away, apologising quickly as he tossed the hot liquid into the sink beneath. Grateful he was able to remain standing and not have to sit on one of the tall stools, Tony looked to Nicky in question - brow furrowed.

"Hazelnut and three sugars," he grinned. "Getting sloppy in my old age."

"Nicky, Gibbs style is fine." Tony held up his hands.

"No it isn't." Nicky shook his head as he busied himself preparing another tall mug. "There you go. Enjoy." He watched the two as he continued to dry glasses with a soft cloth and then put the now shining goblet on a shelf above the cash register, throwing the cloth over his shoulder. "So how's your night been?"

Tony looked to Gibbs but Gibbs was too busy enjoying every last drop of his favourite beverage. He cupped his mug with a hand either side and leaned forward with a soft smile on his face. "It's been - an amazing journey," he nodded contentedly. "I have had the time of my life."

"Trust Jethro to push all the right buttons," Nicky smirked. "So you think you'll be back here then?"

"Try and stop me!"

Gibbs lowered his own mug, leaning forward also. "Who knows Nick - he might even start enjoying himself."

"The look on his face when you two came in here just now - said it all. Contentment written all over it." Nicky affirmed.

"I aim to please," Gibbs affirmed with a nod. "And pleasing Tony is a pleasure - and also an honour." He saluted his young lover with his mug. Tony felt himself flush at that final statement. Okay - the boss wasn't too big on handing out compliments, letting his Senior Field Agent know he'd done good - throwing out some sarcastic comment or praising some other team member instead - most of the time within Tony's hearing - but to hear Gibbs say what he just said made him feel so damned good and the smile broadened.

"So - guys." Tony turned to see Rick standing behind them and he could not help but stiffen slightly, lowering his gaze - praying he wouldn't say or do anything foolish. "You two all right?"

"Never better," Gibbs grinned. "We're doing okay."

Rick stared at Tony for a moment worrying his lower lip. "Tony?"

Tony raised his head, letting a small smile tug at the corner of his mouth. "Sorry Rick - it's just - " Rick placed a hand on his shoulder, and before Tony knew it he was being guided towards a quiet area of the bar waiting for Rick to sit before taking his own seat - carefully. Damn! His butt ached.

"What's on your mind?" Rick coaxed softly, leaning forward as he linking his fingers on the table top. Tony couldn't look directly at him, he looked at the wall behind him, the ceiling, Rick's left shoulder. Why in hell was he reacting like this - the guy was only human but Tony found himself - for some strange reason - completely in awe of him, and he knew he'd lose the power of speech if he looked into the concerned blue eyes across from him. He heaved a sigh - not so much in mild embarrassment but he could feel something stirring in his pants - again!! "Tony, look at me - it's okay."

Rick could sense the other man's uneasiness - seeping from every single fibre of his being as he tried to find the words - Tony's mouth opened, closed and opened again then he shook his head. "I - " As he finally found the courage to look Rick in the eye, he felt something - something unseen - yet so weighted lift from his shoulders, melting away as the Uber Dom graced him with a dazzling smile. Gods - he was hypnotic - Tony could feel himself almost drowning in those azure blue eyes - vaguely - somewhere he could hear Rick speaking. Swallowing nervously, he pulled in a sharp breath, relaxed his shoulders and centred himself mentally.

"Talk to me Tony - no one else is listening," Rick almost hissed, pushing both hands through his hair. "But I have to say - you are the first to react in such a - pleasing - manner - I find it incredibly sexy."

"It's the way I reacted," Tony blurted, his eyes suddenly wide. "Earlier - it was stupid - childish even - I was a brat!"

"When you woke up in my arms?" Rick asked, leaning back in his chair. "You reacted that way because of unspoken fears - a lack of understanding. You have questions - you felt guilt, you felt ashamed, you felt embarrassed," Rick smiled at him briefly. "But you know now that you're - just a normal guy who - has certain tastes."

Tony blinked at him.

"Tony, this isn't the only club of its kind," Rick explained patiently. "There are four similar clubs in Washington alone - we host at least five hundred people a night - more even - just because you like - what you've just found out you like - is no reason to feel you have to look over your shoulder because people might find out - people will only find out if you choose to tell them and I'm sure as hell telling no one."

"But how does word get out about these places anyway?" Tony asked suddenly curious.

"Word of mouth," Rick shrugged. "Internet - that kind of thing. We don't advertise - we just - are - we're here for anyone who might like to join us. We see to their needs and wants and they repay us by recommending us - and spending wads of cash too - we don't lose out and neither do our punters.

"But does anyone outside these walls know about you and your - kink?"

"To say no - would be a lie," Rick admitted. "There are certain - circles for want of a better word - let's just say - it pays to stay quiet."

"Gibbs hinted at that - something about reputations?"

"Don't even go there, Tony - just remember - you might not want word getting out about you - others feel the same way. Never question."

"I'm sorry - but earlier - Gibbs and I were talking and I just - " Tony sighed softly, linking his fingers on the table. "I told him I would like to get to know you guys better, I 'd like to come back here sometime."

"Just say the word - you're welcome anytime." Rick's eyes shone as the smile reappeared.

"But in order to do that - I just wanted to apologise unreservedly about my behaviour earlier - you're a friend of Gibbs's and I let him down - I made the two of you look like idiots."

"In that case," Rick inclined his head. "If that is what it will take - apology accepted and I want you to forget about earlier. It's over - done with - and we can move on - and you made no one look like an idiot." Rick got to his feet, holding out a hand until Tony rose also and they shook but not before Rick pulled Tony in for a brief manly hug. "And let's hear no more about it - right?"

"Man," Tony breathed, sniffing the air. "I smell pizza!"

TBC