- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
and some more - enjoy...
As the black van sped past the doors of the club, Matt the security guy glanced through the smoked glass from his seat behind the front desk, shaking his head at the noise of the tyres and the repeated blows on the horn. "Damn motorists, I am so glad I use public transport."

"Talking to yourself again, Matty - sign of madness," Pete waggled a finger at him.

"At lease I'm sure of a sensible conversation," Matt replied, looking smug. "Where's Boss Man?"

"Which one?" Pete goaded with a grin. "Rick was in the kitchen last I saw him - Alex is in there." Pete jabbed a finger across the hall to Rick's office. "Nicky headed home for the night with 'Mand."

"In which case, I may as well get him to sign these," Matt held up a wad of invoices. "He won't like it - but it's gotta be done."

"I thought you could forge his moniker."

"And got a slap on the wrist for it - damn accountants - too observant for their own good. And it isn't forgery when you "pp" a sig - got it?"

"Woah," Pete stepped back as Matt rounded the desk. "Sorry."

"Yeah - well - just watch it." Matt made to slap Pete upside the head when they both heard what sounded like something heavy hitting the floor. "What in hell was that?"

"Came from the office." Pete put a finger to his lips as he slid his Sig from its holster - signalling for Matt to take up position to the right of the door. Holding up a hand, Matt counted down from three and the door was shoved open as both men went low, guns ready.

A cursory glance showed nothing out of place, until Pete spotted an outstretched arm on the floor behind the desk.

"We're clear in here," Pete said lowering his weapon as he made his way across the room. "Call 911," he demanded as he bent to turn an unconscious Alex onto his back, easing hair from his face. "He's breathing!"

"What the fuck happened?" Matt asked with wide eyes as he waited impatiently for the operator to pick up.

"Looks like he just fainted or something," Pete lifted Alex's left eyelid and peered closely as the pupil reacted. "I think he may just have banged his head - "

"Not 911 - m'okay," Alex mumbled as he struggled to raise himself onto his elbows. "Matt - don't." The phone was placed back on its rest.

"Boss - are you sure you're okay - you look kinda - "

"Where's Rick?" Alex demanded, a hand moving to the back of his head and he winced as he brushed a bump that felt the size of a goose egg.

"Kitchen." Pete helped him up as Matt moved the desk chair closer and Alex sat down, head in hands.

"How long ago?"

"A half hour - maybe longer," Pete shrugged.

"Pete - Matt." Alex lifted his now throbbing head and looked from one to the other and back again. "I need you to think - I need you to be precise - how long ago did you last see Rick?"

Pete and Matt exchanged looks of concern until Pete spoke up. "I did my prelim check at 6.45 - which means I'd have reached the kitchen approximately 6.55 and I definitely remember hearing Rick in there - he was with that new guy - Tony."

"And after that?" Alex accepted a glass of brandy with smile of thanks. "I need to know where Rick went - if anywhere."

"He did say something about taking out the trash, Boss. If he said anything else - I didn't get it - sorry." Pete shrugged.

"No, don't be - don't be. Get me Nicky - tell him - " Alex rose to his feet, a little unsteady at first and finally decided it might be better to sit down - for now. "No, leave that to me - where's Tony?"

"Haven't seen him," Matt stated with a frown. "Is there something you're not telling us Boss?"

"I can't tell you anything - yet. Not until I have facts - but right now I have a very difficult task ahead - checking on Jethro without waking him."

"You won't have to," Jethro said from the doorway, holding a cell phone to his ear. "Jimmy - calm down - I'll put Alex on." The cell flew through the air, Alex catching it deftly.

"Jim - Alex - talk to me!"

As the older man stepped further into the room, Matt walked level to look him straight in the eye. Gibbs stared back - and Matt dropped his gaze after a full ten seconds.

"Something on your mind?" Gibbs asked with a wry smile, his eyes tracking Alex who was pacing up and down, whispering into the cell

"What's going on?" Pete asked for Matt.

"Why should I know what's going on?" Gibbs shrugged. "He's the Boss - not me."

"You two - out. I'll fill you in shortly. Jethro - please - take a seat." Alex ushered the two guards out into the hallway and closed the door - leaning on it as though his life depended on it.

"You look like crap," Gibbs observed with a furrowed brow. "What's up?"

Alex pulled in a deep breath and lowered his head to his chest - lifting it slowly as he returned to the chair behind the desk. "Jimmy's at the house - for some reason - Nicky and I both passed out at the same time - Rick isn't in the building - in any shape or form - " Gibbs understood immediately what Alex meant by that and simply nodded.

"But you are both okay?"

"Yeah - I am, Amanda's with Nicky - he took quite a clout to the head but he's been checked out and he'll be fine."

"Maybe Rick's just gone for a walk or something?" Gibbs offered after a heavy silence.

"No, Jethro." Alex shook his head, leaning back in his chair wearily. "It's not that simple - what I mean is." He paused, letting his head fall back and then stretched his neck from side to side. "Rick's - nowhere - I'm getting nothing up here." He tapped the side of his head. "Neither is Nicky - when I - when we passed out - we both felt exactly the same thing."

"I don't think I'm going to want to hear this," Gibbs said warily.

"It's not a bullet if that's what you mean - we both said the same word at the same time - tranquiliser dart."

"Which means he was taken against his will which is - in effect - kidnapping so why in hell aren't you on the damn phone to the police right now?" Gibbs was on his feet, leaning on the desktop with his nose inches from Alex's.

"Because we have a good idea whose got him." Alex answered, matching Gibbs's stare.

"Go on - don't keep me in suspense!" Gibbs growled.

"Has to be Taylor. He's the only one dumb enough to take Rick out in broad daylight - his goons aren't exactly college types - but to do that - Rick had to have let his guard down. He must have been distracted."

"Must he?"

Alex sat back, weighing up in his mind whether he could actually tell Gibbs just what a distraction it had been - Rick had been kind enough to send the merest hint of what he and Tony were up to in the alley - before he was cut off. Despite a throbbing head, common sense prevailed and Alex only admitted to the two men being together on their way back from dumping the trash when the attack had happened.

Gibbs's gut rolled - and kept rolling. He straightened up, running both hands over his face before staring at Alex in disbelief. "He's got Tony too?"

"Come with me!" Alex was on his feet and pacing to the door, snatching up the large bunch of keys as he passed them on the small table nearby. "You two," He barked at Pete and Matt at the front desk. "I want someone round here now to fix the code lock on the back door - and when Bill gets in - I want the camera in the car park fixed - I don't care how much, how long - just get it done ASAP, I want them all checked and double checked - and when you're done - check them again!!"

"On it Boss!" They chorused, which made Gibbs smile - for a tenth of a second.

******

Gibbs squatted down near the ground, at the edge of the alley. "Can't see a fucking thing - got a torch?" Alex tossed one to him and he shone the beam into the gravel and weeds at the base of the wall. Turning slowly, facing into the alley he stared hard at something for a second and then reached out carefully and picked up a feathered dart and peered at it closely.

"There's the MO, nasty." He dropped it into Alex's hand.

"And here's proof the shit did take Tony," Alex handed Gibbs a single silver ring - the three link chain still attached. "From the look of it - it was wrenched off."

"And there are certain parts of your dear cousin I intend wrenching off - without the aid of anaesthetic." Gibbs spat.

"Join the queue, Jethro - it gets longer by the hour."

"Ya think, Alex?" Gibbs sneered, facing up the younger man. "Hell, I'll just elbow my way to the front - if the bastard so much as touches a hair on Tony's head - I will kill him - very slowly and very painfully - I won't leave very much for anyone else."

"Didn't think you would," Alex rested a hand on Gibbs's shoulder. "But we have a job to do and threats of retribution right now won't help. Nicky's on his way over so we'll be able to come up with some kind of plan."

"I have a plan," Gibbs said as the two made their way back inside. "We drive up to his front door - we don't bother knocking - we take out his goons - find those two - slap Taylor around a bit before handing him over to the authorities and we're done. Then I get onto Madam Director - and she'll see to it that Taylor is stitched up so fucking tight he'll be doing time until the day he rots!"

"Jethro, I know you're upset but - " Alex closed the office door behind him once more.

"But what Alex?" Gibbs asked, his eyes mocking. "The best thing that ever happened to me has been snatched from me - he's in the hands of a psychotic slime ball who might just stop at nothing to get what he fucking wants and you think I'm upset - ask me again when I've got the bastard in my sights!"

"You love him a lot don't you?" Alex asked calmly, pulling Gibbs to him in a manly hug.

"I don't think I've ever loved anyone this much - he's my life Alex, he's the reason I have for my very existence. I really didn't understand what it meant when they say your heart is full to bursting - but I do now - I love DiNozzo more than life itself, Alex. If anything happened to him - "

"Look at it like this then," Alex guided him back to his armchair. "If this was a case - would you be thinking what you just said?"

"I do every time."

"And he's gotten himself into some pretty nasty situations before now hasn't he?"

"Yeah,"

"So, this is another case and as always - yes - you'll worry - you'll be concerned - you'll be flying off the handle every now and again - but you have to do what you always do when he's on his own."

"And what's that?" Gibbs sounded flippant but Alex knew deep down he didn't mean it - it was just Gibbs's way. "Believe that he's coming back - he's surprised you enough in the past - we will find him - and we will find my brother."

Then it hit Gibbs - like a fist to the gut. "Alex - I am so sorry. I was so wrapped up in my own - problem - I never even thought to ask - "

"Fortunately," Alex smiled at him warmly. "We know who we're dealing with - and if I were to say - Rick and DiNozzo are somewhat alike."

"Alike? Those two?" Gibbs chuckled to himself.

"Fine - look at it this way - imagine the bullpen when Tony's on one of his attention seeking drives - " He raised his eyebrows as Gibbs groaned, rolling his eyes and nodding.

"I usually fix that by sending him to do a ton of filing - not forgetting the slap upside the head."

"Right," Alex was smiling. "Keep that in mind and imagine twice the pain - Tony and Rick - in stereo. Taylor will be only too glad to hand them over!"

As their laughter died down, Gibbs was grateful to Alex - man - the guy was just too sensible for his own good but he'd done good - again.

*****

"And who the fuck is this guy anyway?" Taylor stared down at Tony's still form on the floor in the middle of a large basement cell - Rick lying beside him.

"From the look of these - he is most certainly Rickie Boy's new slut." Taylor snatched the photographs from his henchman and peered at them closely. "Could be anyone - night time lenses are not the most proficient.

"Maybe not, but a bit of cleaning up on a computer and you get these." Another stack of pictures was handed over - only this time - they were crystal clear.

"Oh - now that is just perfect. You took his prints?" He pressed a booted foot into Tony's side, making the unconscious man moan softly. Taylor worried his lower lip for a second before turning to face the smaller man at his side.

He towered over him - grazing just over six foot two, long dark wavy hair hanging down to beneath his shoulder blades, his deep blue eyes flashed fire as his mouth twisted into some semblance of a smile, white teeth flashing as a hand quickly rose - as though to strike the little man but instead the fingers ran around the so neatly trimmed black moustache and goatee. Dressed impeccably - as always - in black leather pants and boots, a skin skimming t-shirt of deep amethyst under a long leather duster - he was an impressive sight but where his cousins were muscular without being muscle bound - Taylor worked out - hard - it didn't matter where - the gym or the bedroom - gym three times a day - sex five times a day - whenever and wherever!

"I did - and - let's just say - I'll hand you the result and leave while you read it." The weasel faced, balding man suggested, his grey eyes fearful

"Why on earth would you want to do that? You'll stay right there and tell me who he is. - and if I feel the need to snap your neck - so be it." He shrugged.

"It would be better if you read, sir. Honestly."

"Fuck off then," Taylor barked. "And send Lane and Morgan down here - they've got some work to do!"

"Yes, sir. Immediately sir"

Taylor didn't hear him - instead he glanced up briefly and then positioned himself beneath the single light bulb hanging from a piece of purple flex in the ceiling and held up the paper.

He read. He re-read it and then balled the paper into his fist, trying hard not to kick out at Tony's head in his rage and frustration.

"I have a Federal Agent in my hands - I have a fucking Fed - a fucking CSI! What the blind buggery is SICN anyway?" This last question directed at Tony as he pulled his foot back, smiling at the sound of cracking bone, as the boot connected with Tony's ribs.

He fumed silently for a second or two and then exited the cell. He stood completely still for a further few moments - before throwing his head back.

"DISAPPOINTED!!" He yelled as he stomped back up the steps, slamming the door behind him. "I WANT BLOOD!"

Morgan shuddered at the sound of Taylor's voice just around the corner. He caught Lane's arm and leaned in close. "He wants blood - if I give him a knife, think he'd slash his own throat?"

"Don't fucking tempt me, Morgan." Lane hissed back. "Although, I'll hold him down and you can do the honours."

"Okay - thug mode Lane, we have work to do."

"Thug mode it is, Morgan. I love this job!"

TBC……