- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Don't you just love re-unions - awww
Gibbs and Ducky were in the kitchen talking in low voices, Gibbs pouring himself a third large mug of coffee before re-taking his seat at the table.

"I thought you were going to watch Nicky and Alex in action," Gibbs observed after taking a long pull at his favourite beverage.

"I am, Jethro - but I got the distinct impression my being there would somehow hinder them - but I trust them both," Ducky replied with a slight shrug. "And you still haven't told me what you said to Rick - the way he stormed out of the place - "

Gibbs chuckled to himself as both hands cupped his mug. "Ah - he zoned straight to brat mode - not that I'm surprised."

"Brat mode?"

"Brat mode," Gibbs nodded. "You've probably never witnessed it - but if he doesn't get his own way - he sulks like a pubescent teenager - I yelled at him - told him a few home truths along with some ideas I have brewing up here - " he tapped the side of his head with a finger. "He didn't like what he heard - and does what he always does - "

"Which would explain the squeal of tyres - "

"Exactly. He'll be back once he's calmed down - "

"I still don't understand why he had to sign everything over to his cousin though," Ducky mused. "But then - I don't know the triplets as well as you do - obviously some dark family secrets we are not privy to."

"Once I get my hands on Taylor - I'll find out - " Gibbs sat back in his chair, scuffing a hand over his face. "How long have they been up there?"

"About ten minutes - no more than that." Ducky rose from his seat, taking his mug with him out into the living room.

Abby was seated cross legged on the sofa - using one of the arms as a back rest. She looked up with a smile and Ducky sat down in a comfy armchair opposite.

"Hey Duckman."

"Abigail," Ducky saluted her with his mug. "Anything to report?"

"Nada - they're still in heavy traffic - don't seem to have moved for the last twenty minutes or so." She hit a few keys and pulled a face at the screen. "I wish I knew where they were headed."

"What you got for me Abs?" Gibbs strode across the room and bent to look over her shoulder - squinting at the pictures. "What am I looking at?"

"That's them," she pointed to a blinking red dot stuck on the main highway through the city.
"So - we're looking at maybe the industrial area - warehouses - that kinda thing?" Gibbs asked as he seated himself behind Abby. "What else?"

"It could be a red herring," Abby suggested. "Maybe they're taking this route to make sure they're not followed?"

"Just keep on it Abs," Gibbs rubbed her back affectionately.

"Gibbs?" Abby turned to look at him.

"Yeah?"

"Will you please go upstairs - you're like a spring ready to pop - go check on Tony."

"Ya think?"

"I think," she replied with a grin and a wink at Ducky. "Go!"

"I'm gone!" Gibbs set down his mug and headed for the stairs - taking them two at a time.

"Aw," Abby sighed. "I love re-unions - "

"As do I, my dear - " Ducky sniggered. "And I think this will be one re-union that could last all day."

"Ducky!" Abby leered at him, making the older man blush a little. "What do you mean?"

"Ah - thereby hangs a tale - " Ducky got to his feet and moved to sit at the other end of the sofa. "I remember once - Gerald had been gone on vacation for some weeks - tropical storms and such like prevented his plane leaving - "

"And suddenly - I need a Red Bull!" She was on her feet and out to the kitchen leaving Ducky staring into thin air - only to return with two cans of Red Bull - popping one for herself and handing the other to the ME. "Right - skip the plane delays and get right to the sex - Duckman - and don't leave anything out!" She settled herself back with the laptop, fixing him with him with a beaming smile.

******

"Hey, Jethro - good timing," Nicky took him to one side, leaving Alex with the young agent to double check he was indeed all right. "He should be coming round in a couple of minutes - might be a good idea if you were with him when he wakes up."

"I wouldn't have it any other way - " Gibbs turned to look at Tony still lying on the bed. "He looks like nothing happened - "

"He's young - strong - healing is made a lot easier when the subject is healthy - he'll be fine - but he might be a bit shaky to begin with - but that'll pass."
"And he is okay?"

"He's 100% Jethro," Alex nodded as he joined the two men. "And I took the liberty of dumbing down the worst of the experience - he will remember - but he won't mind remembering if you get my drift - which was made a lot easier because he's basically been out cold for most of it - but he won't remember having his hand broken - I've erased that altogether."

"Thanks - " Gibbs slapped Alex's upper arm as he walked past him to sit at Tony's side again. "And what about what started all this?"

Nicky frowned, approaching Gibbs to rest a hand on his shoulder. "It would hardly be fair to him if he didn't remember - "

"Understood."

"Don't let him rush things," Nicky advised as he and Alex exited the bedroom. "If he's still groggy after fifteen minutes - give me a call - "

"Will do," Gibbs lifted a hand in answer. "You did a good job with the sutures - nothing there - "

"All in a day's work, Jethro - "

The door snicked closed behind the brothers and that small sound was the cue - Tony's eyes flickered open and he swallowed a few times, a hand moving to his face as he let out a soft groan. "Man - I am beat!" he whispered, lowering his hand and turning to look at Gibbs.

"And what are looking so happy about? How long have I been asleep? And what are we are doing back at your place? Last thing I remember some bastard was playing punch bag with my face! Fuck Gibbs - how do I look - is it bad? I can't come into work looking like I've gone ten rounds - Ziva'd never let me live it down - not that she does anyway - Kate was easy to annoy - Ziva's a whole different ball game - man - I need a whiz and I need one like yesterday!" He heaved himself up onto his elbows and swung his legs off the bed. "Oh - boy - why is the room spinning?" A familiar slap to the back of his head had him sitting up to attention. "Thank you Boss - shutting up Boss - and you still haven't told me what the hell we're doing at your place! And another thing - where's my t-shirt? Oh - man! My jeans - they're ruined - that just sucks - these were my favourite!"

"Just mud, DiNozzo - just mud - "

"Mud?" Tony twisted around and instantly regretted it. "If I ask why I have mud on my jeans - will I want to hear the answer?"

"Later - yes," Gibbs slapped him again. "I thought you needed the bathroom?"

"Thanks - " Tony slowly got to his feet, staggering back only to find support at his back as Gibbs grabbed his arm to steady him. "I'll take it from here - "

"Suddenly shy, Tony?"

"No - "

Gibbs couldn't help but smile as the long drawn out groan from the bathroom signalled relief for his young lover. He threw open the closet doors and hooked out a clean t-shirt and jeans - tossing them onto the bed just as Tony re-appeared drying his hands on a fluffy towel. Gibbs smiled a welcome and turned to fish out a pair of boxers from a nearby drawer.

"Nah - commando's good enough, Boss." Tony leered at him.

"Hey - it's going to be a long day as it is - you'll put those on!" Gibbs pointed to the boxers lying atop the jeans.

"Mind if I grab a quick shower first?"

"Be my guest!"

"Wanna join me?"

"I'd love to, but Abby and Ducky are downstairs with Alex and Nicky - and I don't want us caught coitus interruptus!"

"Spoilsport!" Tony called from the bathroom.

Gibbs stared at the bathroom door and then followed his young lover inside - partly closing the door behind him. He found Tony staring at his reflection in the mirror above the sink - and he didn't recognise the expression on that beautiful face. Tony slowly turned round, eyes to the floor. "You okay?" he asked tentatively.

"Yeah - no - it's just - " Tony lifted his green eyes to meet blue ones. "I let you down, Jethro - this whole thing - I'm not sure what happened - but - Rick and I - we - I mean - "

"I know, Tony - I know what happened."

"And you're not angry?"

"If I said no - I'd be lying - Alex told me. I've spoken with Rick - and he knows what will happen if he does anything like that again."

"The blame wasn't entirely his - I didn't have to respond." Tony lowered his eyes once more.

"You couldn't help it, I told you - what Rick wants - he gets - no matter what."

"So you two had a fight?"

"Not so much a fight, Tony - no. We had - words and Rick understands the rules again - "

"You make it sound like he's done it before - " Tony undid the zipper of his jeans and pushed them down his legs, stepping out of them and kicking them to one side.

"He has - and he'll keep on doing it - he took advantage of you - " Gibbs raked his eyes up and down Tony's hard physique - an eyebrow arching as he noted the tenting boxers. "And I don't want to hear another word about it from you, Tony - understood?"

"But - "

"But nothing - " Gibbs closed the space between them leaning in to lap at Tony's lips - his tongue begging entry. "I missed you - so much."

Tony said nothing - moaning softly as Gibbs gently plundered his mouth before pulling back - eyes shining with that silly half smile on his lips. "It was good to be missed - " It was his turn to lean in and the two men took the opportunity to make up for lost time - both sensing the need for this re-union to be quiet - mindful of the guests downstairs - "Damn it - " Tony breathed as he came up for air. "Gibbs - this will have to wait - "

"Ya think!"

"Look - I don't know what's been going on for the last couple of hours - well - I do - but I don't - "

"Damn!"

"Huh?"

"We're not in the bastard office, DiNozzo - "

"No - I know - but I need you to fill me in - where's Rick? Where the fuck is psycho Taylor - how did I end up back here - I need answers and you've got them."

"Tony - "

"What was it you said to me once? Which brain is thinking now?"

"What?" Gibbs stared at him uncomprehendingly.

"Something big is going down Jethro - "

Gibbs pulled in a deep breath and lowered his head. "You're right - I'm sorry - priorities and all that crap - "

"Hey - never apologise!" Tony stabbed a finger at him.

"It's a sign of weakness - yeah - I know - just get showered." Gibbs answered, head slapping before leaving the bathroom.

"What was that for?" Tony called after him.

"Being right!"

TBC -