- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
And some more
Gibbs loaded up the dishwasher, pushing the door closed with a clunk and turned the dial to start it up. As he straightened, he could see Tony at the end of the yard lifting the lid of the garbage bin and dropping in a black plastic bag of trash. The lid fell back down and Tony wiped his hands on his jeans and started back towards the house.

"Damn - I am one lucky bastard," Gibbs whispered to himself as he turned on the tap and began filling the sink. "Sometimes - I have to pinch myself - just the way he walks has me tenting big time - not so much a walk - a swagger - and it's damn sexy." He leaned against the sink on both hands and watched as Tony skirted a fallen flower pot and trotted up the steps - then he paused and looked to his left - Gibbs frowned as Rick appeared, a hand on Tony's back as he led him back up the yard before stopping and turning to face him, hands in his pockets. "What the hell's he up to now - " the older man growled. "I tell him he's off limits and he does this."

"Does what?" Abby said as she brought in the remainder of the ketchup and mayo bottles, depositing them in the refrigerator before joining Gibbs at the window. "Oo - now there's a coupling I'd give my eye teeth to see!"

"Ya think?" Gibbs snorted.

"Look at them - two beautiful studs - they compliment each other perfectly," Abs enthused. "Rick is great in the sack - I wouldn't know about Tony of course - but a girl can dream - and with Rick's extensive repertoire when it comes to all things bedroom - I can so imagine him and Tony together."

"Abs - stop."

"Lighten up, grouchy one - " she thumped him lightly on the arm. "All you have to do is look at those two - kind of like the way I look at you and Tony sometimes - which reminds me," she turned to look up at him. "When will you let me just watch you two?"

"When hell freezes over?" Gibbs suggested with a half smile. "It took me long enough to get Tony this far - and I don't intend freaking him out by asking if he'd mind a spectator."

"He might go for it," Abby grinned impishly.

"Don't even think about it," Gibbs warned.

"I can see it now - you on top - Tony tied to the bedposts - gagged maybe," her eyes took on a dreamy faraway look. "Or even better - you tied to the bedposts - gagged and Tony deep throating you - "

"And now you're entering the realms of fantasy Abs - " he stepped behind her and positioned her in front of the sink. "It ain't gonna happen."

"You say that now - "

"Enough," he breathed in her ear before planting a kiss on her cheek. "You wash - I'll dry."

Tony sensed something off with Rick - the other man seemed on edge - nervous even. He recalled Rick's reluctance to be drawn into any conversation as the group had eaten earlier - except to maybe grunt or shrug - and he absolutely refused to even look in Tony's direction despite sitting opposite him and each time he looked to Gibbs - he seemed ready to bolt. Tony could see the other man's uneasiness but no one else seemed to have notice - or - if they did - they didn't say anything.

And now - Rick didn't seem to know what to do with his hands - he folded his arms, placed his hands on his hips, shoved them into the back pocket of his jeans - and finally settled on hooking his thumbs into the front jean pockets and it was as he raised his eyes to Tony - the young agent really began to see Rick - and he liked what he saw - a lot.

Eyes the colour of summer skies, a handsome face framed with a shaggy mane of hair a myriad shades of brown, copper and red falling to his shoulders and lower, a dimpled chin, a smile that could light up a room. Couple that with his impressive height of over six feet and beneath the tight fitting dark blue shirt, the open neck revealing a tantalising triangle of furred chest, a body hardened by regular trips to the gym, five mile runs - and many pleasurable hours doing what an Uber Dom does best - atop a taut flat abdomen, strong muscular legs encased in expensive ripped jeans.

Rick sensed he was being scrutinised and he coughed nervously before looking to the ground again. "Tony - "

"If you're going to apologise again for what happened, Rick - I might have to slap you. There is nothing to forgive - so forget it."

"Jethro and I - we had a talk in the car earlier - did he happen to mention what I told him to you?"

"Yes, he did Rick - why?"

"And you're okay with that?" Rick seemed genuinely surprised.

"Sure - " Tony shrugged - whatever else he was going to say was curtailed by a sharp tapping on the kitchen window. Gibbs pointed to Rick - and then jerked his thumb to the right a few times and with an index finger he signalled for Tony to come inside.

"Oh boy - he still doesn't trust me." Rick observed with a small smile to Tony before turning on his heel and heading out of the yard he had come.

"What's that supposed to - " Tony watched him leave with a frown and looked to Gibbs who signalled him again. "Mean. What is going on here?" He took the few steps up to the porch and ducked his head inside the kitchen door. "Something you're not telling me Boss?"

"Nope," Gibbs didn't look up from the sink - handing a wooden spoon to Abby. "Just don't want you hanging with Rick for a while - get some fresh coffee going for me?" He raised his head and looked out across the yard. "I want him to spend some quality time thinking about what could have happened."

Tony pulled a face at Abby who grinned manically back at him, tapping his butt with the spoon as he passed her to the coffee machine.

"We're heading back to the club in an hour Tony," Gibbs said, turning to him for a moment. "Get some gear together - I've a feeling it's going to be a long night."

"Oh yeah!" Tony hissed, fisting his hand and pulling it towards his hip. "Another night at - "

"No, Tony - " Gibbs snickered. "We are going to take Taylor down and take him down hard."

"Oh - " Tony sighed. He straightened up, spoon in one hand - coffee jar in the other. "Yeah - " He felt himself flush slightly at the look on Abby's face - one of curiosity.

"Did you like being spanked?" she demanded quickly.

"Um - I - hah - what?" Tony looked both embarrassed and mortified - immediately looking to Gibbs for an answer.

"Tell the truth, Pet." Gibbs instructed. "Go on - "

"Can't - " Tony stammered. "It's Abby."

Abby dropped the towel from her hand and closed the distance between them, reaching up and tweaking Tony's cheek. "Oh you are so cute when you blush Tony - did anyone ever tell you that?"

"No, not recently." Tony said, stepping back a pace as Gibbs dried his hands off quickly and leaned against the sink - his back to the yard.

"It's okay, DiNozzo - just one word - yes or no - "

Tony felt distinctly uncomfortable - the way Abi was looking at him - the way Gibbs was grinning. Was this some kind of test? His eyes snapped from one to the other and back to Gibbs as he pulled himself to his full height, gazing down into Abi's dark eyes. "Yes, Abs - I did. I enjoyed it immensely."

Gibbs nodded to himself, lowering his head to hide the smirk. "One step at a time, Tony - and that's the first hundred covered - how'd you feel?"

"Liberated?"

Abi launched herself at the younger man, legs around his waist - arms around his neck as she kissed his cheek. "Yay! Way to go Tony!" she shrieked. "And I cannot wait to get you all to myself some time soon! Whoops!" she worried her lower lip as he gently set her on the ground. "Thinking out loud - sorry." Tony couldn't help but smile down at her - although the idea of Abi - having him - did appeal somewhat - it wasn't something he envisaged happening - at all - but - he'd never let her know that - or Gibbs for that matter - although he had a feeling Gibbs already knew. He hugged her to him - looking to Gibbs over the top of her head and mouthing the words - no way! Gibbs nodded understanding and headed out into the living room.

Ducky sat on the sofa absorbing every tiny detail of Taylor's file as Nicky and Alex sat playing cards nearby.

"Hey - you two!" Gibbs barked as he paced to the stairs. "Rick's got something to tell you - he's out front - says it's important." The brothers looked up and as one they rose from their seats and out through the front door. "Oh man - to be a fly on the wall when they meet up."

"A complex and volatile young man," Ducky mused as he stared at the photo of Taylor.

"Yeah - Rick's a handful." Gibbs stated.

"No - not Rick - Taylor. I would enjoy analysing him on the couch, Jethro - to see what went wrong - to find out what he's hiding - what's made him the way he is."

"The only way you're analysing him is when he's dead on a slab in autopsy or from behind bars," Gibbs snickered as he joined Ducky and sat down beside him. "But, you're right - he's troubled - and I still don't think those three - " he jerked his chin to still open front door - "are being a hundred percent honest with us."

"Truth will out, Jethro - truth will out." Ducky patted his knee. "So - we head back to Heaven's Gate and do what?"

"Were you listening to anything we talked about over lunch, Duck?"

"I was - "

"We go back - we contact Taylor and arrange a meet - as far as he's concerned - Tony and Rick are no longer with us - I convince him to hand over the agreement, I then - "

"Agreement? What agreement?" Ducky asked setting the file on the coffee table.

"Sorry, I might have forgotten a few details - Duck. By agreement - I meant the one Rick claims to have signed handing over all their assets to Taylor."

"Oh dear - that's not good is it?"

"Apparently not," Gibbs agreed with shake of his head.

"And your gut is telling you what, Jethro?"

"That something is hinky about this whole set up - and I can guarantee tears before bedtime."

******

I don't care who's still downstairs," Tony purred, standing in front of Gibbs - taking both his hands and leading him back into the bedroom from the bathroom. "The door is locked - and wedged - I've covered the keyhole and you are going to promise me you won't make a sound."

"If what you have in mind, is what I think you have in mind - I won't be able to stay quiet DiNozzo - and I don't intend to start now." He squeezed Tony's hands - delighting in that familiar little squeaking noise Tony made as his grip tightened.

"And another thing - " Tony added, waggling his eyebrows and grinning at Gibbs almost inanely. "Do you realise it's been nearly eight hours since we last made whoopee? I don't know about you - but I sure could use a refill."

"And do you realise - only a couple of hours ago - I could have lost you?" Gibbs stared into his eyes, his own hooded - full of concern.

"Yeah - I know." Tony released Gibbs's hands and folded his arms. "But I don't to even think about what might have happened - I just want you, Jethro - I want you here and I want you now - and I will have my way this time."

"Why?" Gibbs tilted his head questioningly. "Tony - you could have died out there - you and Rick both - you can't have put the ifs and buts out of your head already?"

"It's a coping mechanism, Boss. It's the way I deal with crap - always has been - well - since becoming a cop in Baltimore - you kinda pick it up from the other guys - you try not to think about it and - believe me - it goes away eventually."

"Nah - " Gibbs shook his head. "I'm not buying that - look at the way you took Kate's death - between you and McGee - and me at the beginning - no-one was allowed near her desk - it was like having a shrine in the Squad Room - hell - Abs was all for draping it in black - black roses - black this - black that - no-one can say they got over that - and we probably won't."

"I miss her - " Tony said with a soft smile, looking to the floor briefly. "And I regret I didn't get the chance to apologise - "

"I'm sure she's heard your unspoken apologies a hundred times, Tony - and mine - and I know if she ever meets up with Ari - she'll be making his life hell for eternity."

"Think about it this way then - " Gibbs guided him to the bed and sat on the edge - staring up at his lover until he too sat. "The y pestis."

Tony raised his hands - shaking his head. "No Boss - I did the right thing coming back to work when I did - otherwise Kate and McGee would have been toast - you know that!" Gibbs head slapped him sharply. "Thanks Boss."

"What I am trying to say - is - " Gibbs looked around the room, searching for the right words - words that could sum up exactly how he'd felt the day Tony's opened the envelope - leaving it on his desk as he scuttled off to hit the showers - Gibbs not only alone in the Squad Room - but suddenly - seeing himself alone - without Tony - a life without Tony - and as he had stared across the bull pen at the cream coloured envelope - a fist of solid fear took hold of his gut and twisted - hard. And in that one second - he was suddenly very very close to losing Tony - and he was terrified!

"Jethro," Tony said softly. "I know what you want to say - and I know the words aren't there - but believe me when I tell you - I didn't stop thinking about you - I was crapping myself about how you were going to react when you found out about - well - me and Rick - in the alley and why we were there - but every moment I was conscious - the one thing that got me through was you - no-one else - just you - I knew you'd find me - don't ask me how - I just - knew."

Gibbs reached for his hand, lifting it to his lips brush them across the knuckles. "I don't know what I'd have done if I'd found you dead, Tony."

"You would have found my murderer and brought him to justice - "

"That's not what I meant!" Gibbs said sharply.

"You're thinking about Rule 12 again?"

Gibbs let his head fall back and he regarded the ceiling before answering. "Rule 12 is crap - it doesn't exist anymore - as from now."

"In the field or off - Boss we face threats every time we head out the door - it's always there in the back of our minds - one of us might not come back - and if my going missing today is eating you up inside like this all the time - maybe we should - "

Gibbs sat staring out of the window - his heart heavy in his chest as he mulled over what Tony was suggesting. "End this?"

"Seems it might be for the best?" Tony's stomach turned to ice - a solid lump of ice at the thought of finishing the relationship as tears pricked his eyes.

"Is that what you want?" Gibbs asked, not wanting to look at him - as his own eyes shone with tears.

"No!"

"Then why in hell are we having this conversation?" Relief flooding through him, Tony moved to the door - easing the chair from under the handle and unlocked it. "And where the fuck do you think you're going?"

"Just outside - I'll come back in and the whole two minutes that just happened - didn't happen - and won't happen - ever!"

"Sounds good to me - " Gibbs began and then held up a hand for silence - raised voices outside - angry raised voices. He hurried to the window and looked down - Rick standing before his brothers - as Alex laid into him with some choice words - Nicky trying to hold the two men apart as Alex grabbed Rick's shirt.

"I think they're going to need some help," Tony pondered peering over Gibbs's shoulder.

"Ya think?"

"Yeah - "

"One thing after another - again - I'm asking: did someone break a mirror recently?" Gibbs muttered as he made for the door closely followed by Tony.

TBC