- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
And Gibbs has a quiet word with Taylor ~grin~
Tony kicked the door shut behind him with a foot - his arms full of various implements - including paddles, whips and a nasty looking instrument which Gibbs immediately recognised as thumbscrews.

"Where in hell did you get those?" he asked as Tony dropped the pile beside him and grinned at Taylor who watched the two men with more than a little fear on his face.

"Rumpus Room, Boss - ah - " Tony worried his lower lips and looked at Gibbs - suddenly worried.

"I told you the Rumpus Room was off limits to you, Tony - " Gibbs scowled at him.

"Yeah - but this is a special case isn't it?" Tony shot back quickly. "As you don't have access to your trusty baseball bat - I thought these might be helpful."

Gibbs thumped a hand down on the desk - bunching it into a fist over Taylor's file and grinned at the man cuffed in front of him. "See? I trained him to anticipate and he knew I'd need something to knock the truth from you - and I don't like using my fists - not unless it's absolutely necessary - but - whether I use them is up to you Taylor - so - please - don't make me have to use them."

"You wouldn't fucking dare." Taylor hissed, lifting his chin defiantly and narrowing his eyes.

"Oh - " Tony said as he sat down beside Gibbs. "He would - so - if I were you - I'd do as you're told - and answer his questions." Reaching into a back pocket, Tony pulled out his mobile phone and began playing Tetris - humming quietly to himself.

"What is this - good cop and bad cop?" Taylor spat.

"We're Navy cops - and you are in a heap of trouble - but you already know that don't you?" Gibbs leaned forward, linking his fingers together. "So - first - I think an apology is in order - apologise to my Senior Field Agent and say you regret what happened."

"Fuck off," Taylor drawled, dropping his head back. "And how do I know you're Navy - "

"Because Rick told me you knew Tony was a Fed - and I'm Tony's Boss - and what you do to him - you do to me - so - let's start at the beginning. How long have you and Alex been working out this - whatever it is - what's Rick ever done to you?"

"He was born for starters."

"He's one of three," Tony pointed out - eyes to his phone. "He's the oldest by a matter of minutes - so why him out of the three?"

"Because I hate him?"

"And that's a good enough reason for you to kidnap and beat up on him - and Tony?" Gibbs asked, keeping his voice light. "Bit childish, don't you think?"

"Made me feel better."

Gibbs opened the file and spent a good two minutes reading the contents. "Where are the photographs you took inside the club?"

"What's that to you?" Taylor tugged on his cuffs briefly and then relaxed - realising he was going nowhere. "And what are Navy Feds doing in Heaven's Gate anyway - you two into kink too?"

"Rick is a friend of mine - and he's in trouble," Gibbs answered smoothly. "The photographs, Taylor - where are they?"

"On route to the Post - bike courier." Taylor glared at him - his upper lip lifting into a smirk - but that soon vanished as Gibbs gave him the full on stare and he dropped his eyes to the desk top.

"You're lying." Gibbs stated flatly. "Even you wouldn't be that stupid - you send them to the Post - they'll think they're manufactured - they won't be able to publish them."

"Why not? People have a right to know what their Politicians are up to in their spare time." Taylor shrugged. "I'm just doing my duty."

"The Post will be looking at billion dollar lawsuits, Taylor - and I'll say again - you are not that stupid." Gibbs leaned back - noting Taylor visibly deflating before his eyes. "Tell me more about Alex - how'd you hook him in?"

"He came to me - only - he didn't come alone."

"No?" Tony looked up from his game briefly. "Don't tell me - he bought the tooth fairy with him."

"Nicky," Gibbs said.

"Little brother Nicky." Taylor nodded. "He wasn't part of the plan - we just let him come along for the ride."

"And when you two were ready - what were you planning on doing with him - and Rick?"

"Nicky would be dead and Rick - out on the street - with nothing left - his whole world gone - it should have happened years ago - what goes around comes around - fate - that kinda thing," Taylor blinked at the blue eyes across from him. "I told him I would have my day - only you two kinda screwed that up for me - "

"It's our job," Gibbs affirmed. "You seem to think you're invincible, Taylor - and I'm here to tell you - that isn't so - you will be doing time - a lot of time - elaborate on what goes around comes around for me - I'd like to know."

"Yeah - " Taylor huffed. "I kinda thought you would - "

"Come on - " Tony whined. "You're killing me here - what did Rick do that was so bad?"

Taylor glanced from one to the other and back to Gibbs. "He killed my fiancée."

"It's in the file - it says ex-fiancee - she broke up with you - said you were too - controlling and yet you stalked her for three months."

"He stole her from me!" Taylor blustered. "He stole her from me - screwed her - and killed her - it may have been nearly five years ago - but it's with me every day!"

"It was never proved," Gibbs answered steadily. "The brake line was cut - but the investigating team kept coming up with blank leads - the case went cold - Rick spent six months in hospital because of you - "

"You can't pin it on me - no way!" Taylor yelled - struggling in his bonds.

"Oh - I think we can - see - Abby is an excellent forensic expert - and Ducky is - well - only the finest ME I know - when I get back to HQ - I'll reopen the inquiry." Gibbs closed the file and sat back again but not before pulling out a photograph of a pretty brunette with shining blue eyes.

"Um - Boss - NCIS can't get involved - no Navy personnel," Tony reminded him. "But I'm sure Fornell will be only too willing to check it over for us."

"Motive - MO - I think we've got it all covered - don't you DiNozzo?"

"Sounds good to me."

"You're nuts!" Taylor fumed. "I have lawyers - I have people who will - "

"You'll have a lawyer assigned to you, Taylor - one that won't take back handers - one that won't be cowed by your overbearing, arrogant personality. In fact - if we could find one just like you - but that's hardly fair is it?"

"Now - here's my next problem - " Gibbs scuffed a hand over his face. "Where is the document Rick signed?"

"Somewhere safe."

"And I'm thinking - it's not legal - it hasn't been signed by a witness - "

"I signed the fucking thing!" Taylor shouted - still worrying his cuffs.

"But you're not a witness - you are the asshole who forced Rick to sign it." Gibbs pointed out with a grin.

"Resorting to name calling, Boss - a bit early for you isn't it?" Tony pulled a face as he lost the second game on his cell.

"Yeah - well - this guy's really beginning to piss me off, Tony." Gibbs rounded on him.

"Then - name call away - just let me know when you want to start slapping him - I'll move out of the way and hand you a paddle or three." Tony shot back with a wink to Taylor. "Pissing Gibbs off?" he whispered. "Bad move, Taylor - very bad move."

"So - Rick signed - you signed which means - all you did was sign a worthless piece of paper - didn't you think to check with one of your honchos what was legal?"

"I was going to - and he was going to sign it too."

"Ah - bit late now though - " Tony snickered.

"No - it's on his desk as I speak."

"Gimme a name." Gibbs demanded.

"Fuck off."

"Fine - I'll ask Alex."

"He doesn't know!" he yelled loudly - as Tony looked at him quickly.

"Hah!" he held up a hand. "He looked down and to the left Boss - Alex knows."

"What does looking anywhere have to do with anything?" Taylor hissed.

"It means you're lying," Tony said with a broad grin. "I'll prove it - ask me a question - any question you like."

"Tony - stop." Gibbs raised a hand. "Go get laughing boy in here - and if he resists - you have my permission to hit him - very hard."

"Aw - " Tony grinned again, shoving his cell into a pocket. "So generous, Boss."

"I know - go get him and check on the two goons at the front door too - "

"You got it!"

Tony shut the door behind him - leaving Taylor feeling very worried as a smile ghosted over Gibbs's lips.

"So - all alone Taylor - let's just cut the crap and get to the truth here - shall we?"

******

"What?" Alex demanded as Tony threw open the office door and stood there - finger crooked at him.

"Boss wants a word - seems to think you can help the investigation." Tony shrugged.

"Does he - well - he can go to hell -I'm not moving from here." Alex leaned back in his chair and thunked booted feet onto the desk.

"Now - you see - petulance in a grown up is so - last season," Tony drawled as he closed the space between them - rounding the desk and hauling Alex to his feet. "I said - Gibbs wants to see you - and when he wants to see someone - it means he really wants to see them - it's up to you - I can either - drag you in there kicking and screaming - or I can pull you across the floor out cold and we wait till you wake up - do you understand what I'm saying or did I just speak French or something?"

"Whatever." Alex pushed at Tony's hand - but accepted the other hand as it clamped around his upper arm. "And quit pulling!"

"Shut the hell up," Tony barked over his shoulder as they made their way to the door. "And just so you know - Gibbs is really really pissed at you and Taylor - it's not going to be pretty."

"Then why warn me?"

"Because - whenever I see Gibbs in this mood - I'd prefer to be out of the country - but as it is, you two haven't exactly helped - I'm in this up to my neck as much as you two are - when he starts hitting out - I have to remember to duck."

"Man - I feel your pain," Alex snorted - his breath catching in his throat as Tony opened the other door. A shove in his back and Alex stumbled into the room - nearly into the desk - watching as Tony sat down.

"Do I get a seat?"

"Nope," Gibbs shook his head. "You won't be here for long enough. Who's his lawyer."

"Like I'd tell you!" Alex snapped.

"Oh boy," Gibbs sighed. "I had a feeling you'd say that - " Tony got to his feet again and hauled a pair of cuffs from the back of his pants and quickly snapped them onto Alex's wrists - hands in front. "Tony - take him to see Abby - and tell her not to be too hard on him - if she takes it to level two - that should be okay - but she clears it with me if she needs to go higher."

"Understood, Boss." Tony nodded. "Only - level two? You're sure? She's only gone level two once - and even you said you didn't want to see that again."

"Level two?" Alex asked - his stomach rolling.

"Yeah," Tony breathed in his ear. "Level one - causes only slight pain - you know - like when you have a bullclip fastened to the end of your nose - only for the end of your nose in level two - think - of your three best friends in your pants - and a couple of hundred volts - as The Mask was kinda fond of saying - "Smoking!!""

TBC