- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Preparations begin - and Tony and Gibbs take some time out - awww
The line about Melinda having just arrived was a lie - a blatant lie - set to send Alex - and Taylor worrying just what in hell was going to happen next. As Gibbs locked the door leaving Alex inside - he stowed the key in a pocket as Tony quickly checked on Taylor and did the same - stowing away the key.

"Now what?" Tony said as Gibbs sauntered across. "She's stuck in traffic - going to be probably another hour Jethro - and you are going to tell Rick what you've got planned aren't you?"

"Already gave him an outline, Tony." Gibbs clapped a hand on his shoulder - "and he's happy to be involved - advertising for free on ZNN - "

Tony paused as Gibbs guided him towards the elevator with a hand to his lower back. "This is going to work out, isn't it? Rick won't lose everything?" Tony's eyes looked nearly sad - a frown marring his handsome face.

"We'll do everything we can - can't do any more than that." Gibbs smiled gently at him. "Look - why don't you head upstairs - this place will be buzzing in a couple of hours - you're still looking pasty - get some rest."

"It's been one hell of ride this weekend," Tony yawned behind a hand. "Guess a half hour shuteye might be a good thing,"

"Then do it," Gibbs said pushing him gently towards the elevator. "Go on - go."

"Just you make sure you wake me!" he called over his shoulder - only too well aware Gibbs was watching his butt as he inserted the card into the slot.

"You behave yourself," Gibbs murmured. "And I'll do more than just wake you up." Dragging his eyes from his young lover's back and ass - he cringed inwardly at the sound of something throwing up in the office. "Jim Beam not such a good friend, Nicky?" and paced quickly to the kitchen, disappearing inside.

Abs looked up and beamed at him - he returned the smile with a wink. "Is Taylor still in one piece?" she demanded before slurping on another Caf Pow. "And the traitor, Alex? Did you slap them around Gibbs? Huh? Because if you didn't - can I watch when you do? Huh? Can I?"

"No one is slapping anyone around, Abs - at least not today." He looked around the kitchen quickly and spied Ducky returning from the head. "I need you to check something out for me."

"Name it Silver Fox - ask and it shall be yours!" Abby replied with a low bow.

"I need you to check on someone - a lawyer - Bill Paisley - "

"Bill Paisley?" Ducky echoed as he joined them. "Charming man - very knowledgeable in his field."

"And you know him how?" Gibbs asked with a brow raised.

"Oh - he's just an acquaintance, Jethro - we tend to bump into each other at Court every now and again," Ducky said as he sat down on a tall stool. "Enough to exchange some stories and the like - and his mother was nearly 101 when she died you know - a veritable beast of a woman apparently - reminds me of the time when my dear mother decided to - "

"Moving on," Gibbs interrupted quickly. "Abs - "

"Why do you need to find out about Bill?" Ducky asked carefully - looking up at Gibbs over the top of his spectacles.

"Because - allegedly - he's Taylor's lawyer."

"Mm," Ducky breathed. "What's the old saying - there's nowt as queer as folk - I am surprised to hear that, Jethro - very surprised - "

"Why?"

"I know Bill has a good track record - he's been the subject of awards and the like within his fraternity - and yet - he's employed to defend a mere scamp of a lad like Taylor?" He shook his head - eyes wide. "I suppose the money must be quite good for him to agree to work for such a disagreeable young man."

"Ya think?" Gibbs almost sneered - looking at Ducky in disbelief.

"Oh - no doubt about it, Jethro - no doubt at all."

"What do you want me to do?" Abs asked - her neck was starting to ache from having to look from one man to the other and back again.

"Find him - I know it's late on a Saturday - but I need to speak to him - "

"Impossible," Ducky shook his head. "You won't find him this weekend - at least not until late on Tuesday - he's in Maine - golfing. Uncontactable."

"He'll have a cell on him - I could text him," Abby suggested.

"He won't get them - hates cells at the best of times," Ducky answered with a shake of his head. "He carries one when he's working but at home or away - he won't."

"Damn!" Gibbs thudded a fist onto the steel worktop. "Fine - there's nothing we can do till Tuesday - " he looked at Abby and then Ducky - "and if Taylor or Alex ask - we - "

"Never had this conversation," Abby and the ME finished in unison.

"I trained you well," Gibbs acknowledged with a small smile.

He then proceeded to fill them in on what might possibly happen when Melinda arrived and Abby was delirious with excitement - demanding that she be able to watch from the sidelines - or even - add a few strokes of her own - only to be disappointed when Gibbs informed them that the punishment would go on behind closed doors - just Melinda and the film crew - no one else - except maybe Rick dishing out the beating - he hadn't quite decided on that yet.

Ducky had managed to listen as far as Gibbs explaining about tying Taylor down and decided he'd heard enough - moving away from the group to the kettle nearby to prepare a well earned mug of tea.

"One thing I will warn you both about," Gibbs said - raising his voice slightly so Ducky could hear above the whistling kettle. "When Melinda is here - she's already agreed to be discreet - but I'd prefer it if NCIS workers stayed out of sight - Jen is going to go nuts about this whole pile of crap anyway - and I don't need you guys adding to it."

"I hear and obey," Abby bowed again.

"I am discretion itself, Jethro." Ducky waved a hand as he poured water into a china teapot. "She will see and hear nothing from me."

"And let's keep it that way," Gibbs turned and left the two of them alone.

******

Gibbs spent another ten minutes downstairs with Rick - they'd met up in the office but when Nicky rolled onto his side on the sofa - pulling a bucket towards him and heaving himself dry - they decided it might be better to leave him to it - posting Matt to watch him as Nicky turned onto his back - both hands over his face - groaning to himself - muttering something about wanting to die.

"So you understand what you've got to do?" Gibbs asked as they crossed the hall to the main door - Rick opening it to admit some of the bar staff - stepping back to let them pass.

"Sure - and you really are serious about this, Jethro - ?"

"Yeah - just keep those two on their toes - they're expecting something - they think they know what's coming - letting them stew - and the prize will be all the sweeter." Gibbs took Rick to one side - glancing over his shoulder briefly as more staff arrived. "I need a guest list - and I need you to get on the phone to anyone - special - and tell them tonight's off - but you'll more than make up for it later in the week."

"I can't just call them up and tell them the place is - "

"I'm not talking every single one, Rick - anyone - Pentagon - White House - FBI - anyone high up who's planning on coming - they can't - I can't risk them or it!"
Gibbs hissed.

"And I lose business - " Rick began but immediately cursed himself and apologised quickly to his friend. "I'm sorry - that was selfish of me - Jethro - it just - slipped out."

"Yeah," Gibbs squeezed his shoulder. "You've been through some crap lately - don't let this get to you - we will get you out of it - it'll be okay - I promise."

"I haven't even thanked you Jethro - " Rick said with remorse. "You and Tony - Ducky and Abs - you're all putting your necks on the line to help - and I just want you to know - I appreciate it - and if there is anything I ever do for you in the future - just ask."

"Helping a friend is all - Rick - comes with the territory," Gibbs replied with a grin. "You'd do the same for any of us - "

"Yeah - you're right - I probably would."

"Just keep to the plan - and start calling people. I'm heading upstairs - you need me - you holler!"

******

"Hey, Mr DiNozzo - " a pretty young girl was pulling the door to their rooms closed and met him with a soft smile. "All done - and you'll find your clothes laundered and pressed on the bed - "

"Thanks - " he paused, leaning forward slightly to read her name badge. "Cassie - and let's not go with the Mr huh? It's Tony."

"Tony it is," she nodded as she fingered a lock of dark hair over her left ear. "If there's anything else I can get you - just call down to the front desk."

Tony reached into a back pocket and pulled out a fold of notes - peeling off a twenty and handing it across. "I'll be sure to Cassie, thanks."

"Have a nice evening - Tony." She flashed him another smile and turned on her heel - making her way to the other end of the corridor as Tony watched her ass for a few seconds. "Focus, DiNozzo - you're not here for the women this weekend - focus!" He Gibbs slapped himself as he unlocked the door and let swing open.

And any thoughts he had of letting Gibbs find him lying full stretch and naked on the bed - and Gibbs taking full advantage - vanished. He tugged off his t-shirt and unbuttoned his pants once the door was closed - stepping from them and leaving them where they fell as he approached the vast four poster.

Cassie was right - clothes were lying in neat piles down one side and he collected them up carefully to place them on the top of the dark wood dresser between the bathroom and toy room doors. Stifling another yawn - he scuffed both hands over his face and grinned manically as he walked around to the end of the bed - and fell forward. He bounced once and flipped onto his back as he scooted up towards the headboard - pulling pillows together into a pile and sighing contentedly as his head sank against the musk scented cotton. "Anyone could walk in here - " he whispered as he snuggled into a more comfortable position. And I'm lying here letting it all hang out - like I - don't - " his voice quieter now - and then another yawn. He was snoring.

****

Gibbs leaned his head against the door of their suite and chuckled. "Snoring like a hog on heat," he said to himself. "Soon put a stop to that - DiNozzo - "

He let the door close quietly behind him - his eyes instantly drawn to the body spread out across the mattress. Tony lay with one arm across his stomach - the other above his head - his legs were wide apart - his semi turgid cock and balls in full view and as Gibbs drew closer - making his way to the less occupied side - he could see Tony was smiling softly - his lips parted in a way that had Gibbs's own heated tumescence thrumming.

"Not now, Jethro," he said to himself as he divested himself of his own clothing. "Tony needs rest - if you need to - you bring yourself off in the bathroom." He climbed onto the bed - careful not to wake his young lover - but he found it so hard not to burst out laughing when - without even waking - as soon as Tony felt the dip in the mattress - he immediately moved onto his side and spooned up tight against Gibbs - murmuring softly as he did so and as Gibbs's hand draped across his hip - fingers automatically linked - Gibbs planted a light kiss on the back of Tony's exposed neck and settled down to doze.