- Text Size +
Ducky finished up his phone call with Jimmy which had turned out to be nothing more important than should he, Jimmy, sign off on the latest autopsy report - the one the Director was screaming for - and had been for the last four hours. He replaced the handset with a wry grin to the tired faces of Pete and Matt, retracing his steps towards the room where the prisoners were being held.

"Oh my," he murmured as he rested a hand on the door knob. He turned and indicated the door to the two security men. "Sounds like quite an altercation going on in here."

"So, leave them kick the crap out of each other," Matt hissed as he pushed himself off the front desk and sauntered across, reaching into a pocket for the key. As he pushed the key into the lock - he froze.

"Pete - get Rick!"

"I thought you said - " Pete began.

"I'm not kidding - someone's getting the shit kicked out of them!" Matt shouted as he finally opened the door. "Get Rick! Get Gibbs - anyone!" He was across to Alex in seconds - only to be thrown back through the door to land on the lobby floor in a heap. "Pete - for Christ's sake - it's going to take a fucking army to stop him - "

Pete said nothing, he charged through the door and threw his full weight onto Alex's back - succeeding in pulling him someway back from the still figure still seated but unconscious in a chair against the opposite wall. Matt was on his feet again - and through the door and their combined weight threw Alex completely off balance and he hit the floor with a thud - Matt sitting astride his upper back, Pete his waist - holding his legs down with both hands.

"What the fuck - " Rick dropped the files he'd been holding and pushed Matt away - grabbing a handful of his brother's hair and yanking his head backwards - arching Alex's neck painfully. "Have you lost your fucking mind?" he demanded. "What the hell - "

"Is the bastard still breathing?" Alex hissed, grimacing as the hold on his hair tightened.

"Cuff him - use yours," Rick instructed Pete. "And Matt's - "

"If he's still fucking breathing - let me fucking finish the job - "

"You - " Rick bent down until he was breathing in Alex's ear. "Are finishing nothing - you fucking idiot - you want to add GBH or even murder to the list?"

"I don't give a flying fuck!" Alex struggled as the cuffs were fastened at his back. "He's only getting what he should've got years ago - cuffing me won't help - I'll have him - I will kill him!"

"How is he?" Rick asked as Ducky quickly examined Taylor.

"Out cold - bruised and a little battered but I don't think there's any permanent damage - although I would like to examine him a little more thoroughly if I may." Ducky straightened up. "He'll be out for a while I should think - "

"Get him into the Rumpus Room - there's a table or three in there you could use," Rick said as he hauled Alex to his feet. "And this one goes with him - "

"I'm going nowhere!" Alex spat, still struggling in his brother's iron grasp.

Rick sighed heavily, propelling Alex towards the door. "Don't do anything stupid, Bro - you know what I'm capable of."

"You and me both, Ricky." Alex spun round until he was nose to nose with him. "We're equal - remember that - "

"No," Rick spun Alex back around again, shoving him forward. "I'm not the one looking at 35 years plus - you are - "

"You're implicated as much as I am - as much Nicky and that pile of steaming crap - we go down - you're coming with us - "

Rick pulled in a deep calming breath - glanced at Ducky - and then at Matt, Pete was busy uncuffing Taylor. "Sorry about this - " he said.

"Too late to apologise, Rick - you're in as deep as - "

Alex hit the floor with a right hook to the lower jaw from Rick who now stood over him, wringing his hand painfully. "Damn - that hurt - "

"But you've done us all a favour," Ducky mused. "Peace and quiet once again."

"Yeah - " Rick snickered. "Peace and quiet - till he wakes up - " He stepped over the still body and out through the door. "Matt - Rumpus Room - I want him face down - tied down - and if you have to - gag him - I've had enough piss and wind for one day!"

******

As the doors to the Rumpus Room swung open, Melinda bristled, arms folded, lips pursed as she watched the entourage make their way to the centre of the room. "Finally!" she nearly shrieked. "I've been sitting here for nearly two hours - I've had to cancel two meetings and a - "

Rick paused briefly, Alex slung unceremoniously over his left shoulder and flashed her a smile - a smile that had her instantly melting. "Where'd you want him?" he asked, making his way across the floor to a podium.

"As long as I get my shots - anywhere honey," she purred. "And where's the other one?"

"Um - getting cleaned up." Rick dropped Alex onto the podium and rolled him onto his stomach - a booted foot at the centre of his back. "Alex decided Taylor's head would make a good punch bag."

"Ooh, fiery temper as well as good looks - I hope it doesn't run in the family." Melinda winked at him.

"We may look alike," Rick assured her. "But we sure as hell don't act alike - thank god!"