- Text Size +
Gibbs watched Nicky covertly, pretending to be deep in conversation with Melinda’s cameraman and what he saw intrigued him. He sat back, stifling a yawn and lifting a hand to draw Tony’s attention by slapping him lightly on the arm.

“Something bothering him?” he asked, jerking his chin in Nicky’s direction. The young man behind the bar seemed intent on not looking their way as he dried off a few glasses and placed them beneath the bar and was now talking animatedly to a blond man sitting on a stool nursing a large beer. Nicky may have been smiling • but his eyes gave away the gnawing uncertainty he felt inside.

“I’d say a lot of something, Boss.” Tony replied cryptically. “How’d you want to play this?”

“A lot of what?” Gibbs asked, twisting to look at Tony, his brow furrowed.

“Ah • call it a surprise,” Tony smiled back. “The clincher.”

“I’ll clinch you in a minute, DiNozzo • talk English for crying out loud.” Gibbs groused.

“All in good time. Patience, Grasshopper, is a virtue.” With that, Tony got to his feet, pushed his chair back beneath the table • leaning down to whisper in Gibbs’ ear. “I get the feeling Melinda’s getting antsy,” he said • and Gibbs nodded after a brief glance in her direction to see she was busy hissing into her cell phone and the tone of voice gave away how disgruntled she was feeling. “Let’s get the show over with and then we can • get down to what we do best.”

Melinda was glaring at the table top, mouth pursed as she tapped her neatly manicured nails on her knee. “Jethro • “ she began only to be silenced as he held up a hand.

“Mel • I apologise for the wait,” he said • flashing his most dazzling smile her way. “But give me another five minutes and then • Alex and Taylor are all yours.”

“Five minutes,” she echoed, eyes narrowed. “You said that an hour ago • and an hour before that • I’m a busy woman • “

“I know,” Gibbs replied, rising from his seat and stepping up behind hers, easing it back to allow her to stand. “And I appreciate it • and I’ll pay you back ten fold if you’ll just bear with me.”

“Mm.” She purred as she turned to face him • she was trying to look annoyed but the minute he chuckled, lowering his head briefly • she deflated. “You’re a pig at times, Jethro • a nice pig • but a pig all the same.”

“My last wife thought the same thing,” Gibbs steered her clear of the table, a hand at her back.

“The one that hit you with the baseball bat?” Melinda asked innocently as she was guided across the room to the lobby • her crew on her tail.

“I forget. “ Gibbs snickered. “I was out cold • amnesia.”

“You didn’t sue?”

“Nope,” Gibbs shrugged, breathing an internal sigh of relief at the sight of Abi heading their way. “Abs!”

“Yo!” Abi grinned broadly at the group and looked to Gibbs quickly. “I’m in rather a hurry, Bossman • “

“Poor guy,” Tony murmured • only to let out a grunt as Abi elbowed him in the ribs.

“I’ll have you know • “ Abi said • smoothing down her tiny kilt and readjusting her skinny t-shirt. “Gerry is interested only in my mind.” She lifted both hands to her head and closed her eyes. “I have a very interesting mind.”

“That’s a new word for it,” Tony shot back with a hiss • only this time he was careful to dodge the elbow. “Rumpus Room, Boss • I’ll go check they’re set to go.”

“Do that, DiNozzo.” Gibbs muttered after his retreating back. “We’ve got a busy evening ahead. Abi • you wanted to see my style of retribution • wanna join us?”

“Can I? You mean that? I can witness a Gibbs payback? Watching those two get their asses whipped?” Abi was grinning like a Cheshire cat. A look from Gibbs and Tony inclined his head in understanding, grasping Abi’s hand and pulling her to him and letting his boss precede them.

“What about Gerry?” Tony whispered as they made their way to the main Play Room.

“Mm? Oh.” Abi said distractedly. “He’s going nowhere • or should I say • all tied up and nowhere to go.”

“Okay • “ Tony snickered. “And you’ve known him • how long?”

“Only about a half hour,” Abi answered with a twinkle in her eye. “Why? Want to join us?”

“Ah, no • thanks.” Tony flushed briefly. “No • I’ll take a rain check on that right now.”

“A foursome would be good • you, Gibbs, Gerry and me • “

“Don’t go there, Abs.” Tony rolled his eyes • but he was smiling. “Please • just don’t go there.”

“Define busy evening, Jethro?” Melinda was asking as the door to the Rumpus Room was pushed open and held so she could enter first. As the party filed in, two new security men positioned themselves before the door • one locking it before standing tall, arms folded across his chest.

“Hah, no can do, Mel • and from what you’ve been telling me • you’ve got one too • so • let’s do this? Can’t keep this place to ourselves for long, we’d have a riot on our hands.”

“How long do I have?”

“Fifteen minutes • max.” Rick called across from where he was busy finalising Taylor.

On a small podium • no more than two foot high stood Taylor. The leather duster he had previously worn now lying in a heap beside his stand, he was awake, gagged and puce with anger, rage and more than a smidgeon of frustration • but strangely silent as he struggled against the cuffs holding his arms above his head with the help of a heavy duty chain hanging from the ceiling. His ankles were cuffed also, attached to the podium with the help of a length of titanium chain that could withstand the even the most violent of *prisoners*. Alex was held similarly • only he was not so silent. Screaming his rage into the gag filling his mouth • his eyes wild as he glared at Gibbs • struggling futilely to get free and launch himself at the grinning agent.

Rick had, fortunately, made sure that Alex’s bonds were unbreakable • by Alex. A sudden recollection of the incident when Alex had gone for Taylor - as he had been selecting the cuffs • and even Alex groaned when he’d seen what Rick had finally selected.

“Sorry Bro • but it’s your own fault.” Rick offered by way of apology as he stepped back to admire his handiwork.

“Good job.” Gibbs nodded, stepping up beside him. “Okay gentlemen • this is how it’s going to happen.” He turned and extended an arm to Melinda who took his hand and smiled up at the two captives. “I’m sure you recognise Melinda • she’s the anchor on the six o’clock news on ZNN and she’s kindly agreed to come along here today • “ he paused. “Enough niceties,” he flapped a hand at the two men. “You know why she’s here • we’re about to rake your sorry asses across the coals • “

“Ouch,” Tony winced.

“Damn • “ Gibbs hissed, berating himself with a Gibbs slap to the head. “Did I say coals? For coals • read Channel 10 news • which will then get picked up countrywide within • “ He looked to Melinda who was busy fiddling with the microphone in her hand and straightening her top. “How long before this goes countrywide?”

“No more than twenty minutes • might be sooner,” she replied with a wink to Alex • who had finally realised he was going nowhere and hung in his bonds • glowering at the silver haired man beaming back at him. Taylor, meanwhile, decided that it might be better to put a token struggle • screaming obscenities which were • thankfully • swallowed up by his own gag.

“Twenty minutes and then you two • well • “ Gibbs shrugged, stepping back a pace. “The nation will be a better place with you two locked away for a decade or three • don’t you agree?”
Alex was following the camera as it moved from left to right in front of the podiums • pausing to close in on their respective faces • the initial defiance and anger melting away as it dawned on him that Gibbs might well not be pretending after all and this was deadly serious. His stomach rolled in horror as the grim reality of his situation began to take a hold and he stilled • staring at the floor.

The tic beneath Taylor’s left eye began to twitch, his hands bunched into fists above his head as he watched Gibbs turn his back and walk towards Tony • a hand on the younger man’s shoulder • and lead him aside. As the cameraman moved closer • Taylor tried to kick out but only succeeded in reminding himself just how stupid he must look • and a strained calf muscle and he groaned at the sharp pain and resulting cramp that ensued.

In his mind, the picture was very different. As he stared out at the group before him • he was seeing a blood bath.

Gibbs • triple tap over the heart and one in the centre of his forehead for good measure. DiNozzo • throat cut and a final knife in the chest. The Goth woman • man • he had plans for her • involving cuffs, chains and his bed for an eternity. His eyes skimmed over Ducky who was looking decidedly uncomfortable at the scene playing out in front of him • yet Taylor could not quite decide what to do with him • except maybe just creep up behind him and shout *boo* - then he settled for another bullet in the head. And as for the bastard film crew? His thoughts were brought back to reality when Rick stepped up beside him, grabbing a handful of hair and pulling his head backwards.

“Pay attention, Cousin • this is all about you!” Rick breathed in his ear before slapping the back of his head very hard • eliciting a groan from the darker man. “Good boy.”

“Tony,” Gibbs said, keeping his voice low so as not to be caught by the sound mike. “I want everyone not needed here out. Abs has seen enough • “ He glanced over his shoulder and grinned. “Oh yeah • anymore of this and she’ll be insufferable for a week • and Ducky too. If you can • persuade him to head home for the night • there’s nothing more he can do here.”

“Me? Persuade Duck? I’ve more chance of sleeping with Penelope Cruz, Boss.”

“Jethro?” Suddenly Ducky was at his side. “I need a word?”

“Sure, Duck.” Gibbs nodded • following the ME’s lead and moving away to a quiet corner as Melinda kept up her running commentary to the camera. Tony had returned to Abi’s side and was doing his best • in hushed tones • to persuade her that now might be a good time to leave • but Abi was having none of it. She was staying her ground • ignoring Tony and slapping his hand away as he tried to take hers.

“Is this • “ Ducky gestured to the room in general. “Is it really necessary? It smacks a little of overkill to me.”

“It is necessary, Duck. If it brings Taylor’s lawyer out of hiding and gets him back to DC asap • it is. Are you okay?” A reassuring hand on his shoulder and Ducky nodded.

“I am, Jethro • but this is all so • so • “

“I have my methods, you have yours.” Gibbs admitted with a shrug. “I’m sorry I had to drag you into this • but in the long run it will get results.”

“And if Bill doesn’t catch this tonight?” Ducky queried.

“Then I’ll send my faithful St Bernard to fetch him • and Tony’s methods may be unorthodox • but I just love the results.” Gibbs squeezed his shoulder again. “It’s going to be all right, Duck • really.”

“And if he doesn’t agree to return with Tony?”

Gibbs grinned briefly and shook his head. “Duck • Tony’s not my Senior Field Agent for no reason • if he has to bring him back in cuffs • he’ll bring him back in cuffs.”

“And just how long do you intend keeping those two tied up?”

“As long as it takes.”

“Oh, Jethro • this is too much • just too much.” Ducky protested, hands raised.

“No, you don’t understand Duck. It’s all going to plan • believe me • “

The two men stared at each other for a long moment and then Gibbs placed an arm around the ME’s shoulders and led him further away • closer to the door. He reached into the front pocket of his pants and held up a small compact digital camera.

“And that’s for?”

“Insurance.”

“I don’t follow.” Ducky shook his head in consternation.

“I’ll explain later • then • hopefully • you’ll understand why I’m doing this.”

“I understand why you’re doing this, my friend. What I don’t understand are your methods • but then • if three wives can’t understand Leroy Jethro Gibbs • what hope for the rest of us?”

“Touché, Duck. Touché.”

“All right, Jethro • I trust you with whatever you have planned,” Ducky conceded with a sigh. “But, I think I’ve had my fill of coercion for one evening • I’ll be in the bar.”

“Fine • and take Abs with you • the less people in here for what’s coming next • the better.” Gibbs walked Ducky to the door and nodded to the guard who quickly unlocked it and allowed the ME to leave. “Abs • go with Duck,” he called to the young Goth.

“Aw, no fair Gibbs • we’re just getting started! Aren’t we?” she groused but she could see from the look on his face he was not about to take no for an answer.

“I thought Gerry was waiting for you.” Tony whispered with a grin.

She resisted the urge to elbow him one more time and slouched across the room and with a final muttered *no fair* as she passed Gibbs and stepped into the lobby • to find Ducky waiting for her. “So not fair!”

“Abs • just go with Duck • I need the address of the golf club Bill Paisley’s at • can you do that?” She nodded, pouting prettily. “Good girl.” He kissed her cheek lightly. Once she was gone, he turned into the room again. “We gotta wrap this up, gang.” Gibbs announced as he turned from the door. “Mel • you get what you wanted?”

“Not all of it.”

“Oh • yeah • slipped my mind. Rick? Would you do the honours?”

“Sure thing, Jethro.”

Minutes later • Alex and Taylor were blindfolded • not without token protestation but their muffled objections to the slightly over zealous tightening of the knots at the back of their heads soon had them silent again • ears keening for any sound that might give away what further humiliation Gibbs had planned. But what really piqued their interest was the fact that Rick had also replaced their ankle cuffs with spreader bars • leaving them still on their podiums but without the ability to use their legs to kick out and injure anyone who got too close • and that • with what Gibbs had in mind • was paramount.

Gibbs approached Tony, keeping his voice low. “Go keep an eye on Nicky • make sure he goes nowhere • if he does • “

“If he does, Boss?” Tony inclined his head • a ghost of a smile on his lips.

“If he does • then restrain him.”

“But the place is getting busy.” Tony pointed out • inclining his head and placing his hands on his hips. “If he bolts • you want me to take him down • he seems like a popular guy around here • it would shatter his beloved public’s ideal of the perfect host • and I can’t • just can’t do that to the guy.” Tony sounded pensive • but his eyes were shining with mischief.

“Do I look like I care, DiNozzo? He bolts • you bring him down • I don’t care if it’s the men’s room, the bar, the lobby • hell • he’s got answers I want.”

“And when Gibbs wants answers • he gets them.” Tony turned to leave and then turned back. “But • come on • I know what’s next • can’t I stay for that? It won’t take more than two minutes at most • “

“DiNozzo • “ Gibbs growled. “Nicky?”

“Fine • on it!” Tony griped with a sigh. “Abs was right • no fair.” A statement that earned him an instant slap on the back of the head. “What was that for?”

“Not moving fast enough • go!”

“I still agree with Abs.” And then he was gone.

One of the security men • after a brief word with his partner • approached Gibbs • a hand on his arm. “Jethro • you’re going to have to speed things up in here • the crowd outside is getting a bit restless.”

“Sure thing, Rick?”

“Yeah?” Rick rose from the seat he was lounging on and sauntered across the room, nodding to the guard briefly. “What?”

“Seems we’re holding up the fun • anything you can do to quiet them for at least another five or ten?”

“Ben,” Rick addressed the other man. “Next drink on the house • let Nicky know.“

“Got it, Bossman.” Ben hurried to the main door and unlocked it • stepping through to inform the restless patrons of the good news.

“That should keep them busy,” Rick said as an aside as the flurry of voices soon dissipated into near silence.

“Free drinks?” Gibbs looked at him. “Pissing profit up the wall, Rick!”

“Extenuating circumstances and all that crap.” Rick shrugged, spreading his hands. “Anyway • now comes the fun bit.” His face broke into a beaming smile as he regarded the two men strung up on the other side of the room.

Gibbs chuckled to himself. “And they call me a bastard.”

“Ah • but I’m only a bastard in my spare time.” Rick pointed out with a wink.

“And you have so much spare time. Okay people • let’s do this.”

Gibbs clapped his hands together and then signalled silently for the remainder of the group to join him on the far side of the room. A finger to his lips and everyone nodded understanding that they were to remain as quiet as possible and he explained what was about to happen next • and a whispered warning from Rick that if anyone felt the urge to laugh • or thought they might laugh • then they had better leave now. There were a few sniggers that were bitten back sharply • a few coughs but from the eager faces, it was easy to see no one was going to take Rick up on his offer and the group • as one • turned to face Alex and Taylor once more.

Alex and Taylor had long given up their fight • resigning themselves to their fate - whatever it might be only to find the sudden silence in the room unnerving to say the least. The only sound • that lasted a matter of seconds was that of Melinda’s heels clicking on the parquet floor as Rick showed her to a nearby chair where she sat, legs crossed and leaning forward eagerly.

Gibbs indicated to the sound guy to remain where he was standing some five feet from the podiums as he explained in a whisper to the cameraman exactly what he wanted. The cameraman nodding eagerly and giving a thumbs up.

It was over in a matter of moments

Despite their struggles and cries of dissent, the two men were powerless as they felt rather than heard Gibbs step up behind Alex and Rick behind Taylor and begin to unbutton their pants • pushing them down to their ankles • leaving both suddenly shivering in the cool air.

“I had you marked as a tighty whitey kinda guy.” Gibbs observed as he stepped down and moved to stand before Alex. “Calvin Kleins • huh?”

“And look at this,” Rick remarked with a smirk. “He’s a boxer type.”

“Yeah,” Gibbs agreed. “Enough room to get quite a few socks in there.” Both men were now blushing furiously • newly pent up anger, frustration and • above all • embarrassment sending them into a rage again. “Will you two shut the hell up!” he barked. “Can’t hear myself think for fuck’s sake!” All the while, the cameraman was moving around the *prisoners* - the camera whirring as he did so.

Melinda was nearly crying with laughter • silent laughter • her hand pressed to her mouth as her eyes streamed with tears • bent forward with her shoulders shuddering in mirth.

A nod from Rick • and Ben the security man soon had her in hand and led her to the safety of the lobby • careful not to let anyone outside catch a glimpse of the show going on inside • but not before Tony managed to slip through • his jaw slack at the sight before him as Ben returned to his place • grinning broadly.

“Better than Saturday Night Live,” he murmured. “Just wait till the wife hears about this • story to tell the grand kids.”

“Don’t let Gibbs hear you say that,” Tony hissed in warning. “But yeah • you’re right.”

“So • “ Gibbs announced loudly from behind them, making Alex and Taylor jump. “I said something about hauling your asses over the coals didn’t I?” He paused and winked at Rick. “Yeah • well • I can’t bear to see the two of you like this - although • “ he paused again as the cameraman knelt down facing him • between the podiums. “it pains me to do this • this *is* the only way we’re going to get what we want.” He made his way back to Alex as Rick positioned himself beside Taylor one more time. “I’m going to count to three • and if • after three • one or either of you doesn’t agree that you’re getting off lightly • so far • “

“Hey, Jethro • they’re gagged.” Rick added.

“Oh • of course they are • onetwothree!”

And on three • Alex and Taylor’s bare asses were being filmed for posterity. And Gibbs was taking photo after photo • the flash of his camera lost on the blindfolded men until he checked how many he had taken and decided that maybe thirty from all different angles might be a little excessive. He pocketed the camera again with a wry smile.

“Payback is good,” he murmured. “And so sweet.”

It seemed an eternity before any semblance of dignity was restored to either man • but their underwear was righted and their pants pulled up and refastened.

“So,” Rick shoved both hands into the pockets of his jeans. “What now?”

“Can you get them out of here without them being seen by the masses?” Gibbs was talking to Rick but glaring at Tony who merely grinned sheepishly and shrugged.

“Yeah • back door • takes them through to my office via a corridor.”

“Do it,” Gibbs growled. “I’ll be with you shortly.” He closed the space between himself and Tony • dragging the younger man away into a corner. “And what part of *watch Nicky* don’t you understand, DiNozzo • I gave you an order • “

“It’s cool Boss,” Tony held up his hands as Gibbs gave him the stare. “Rick • let me • have • “

“Have what?”

“Nicky proof cuffs.”

“What the fuck are Nicky proof cuffs?” Gibbs was seething at such a blatant disregard for his authority.

“Titanium • wrists and ankles. He’s going nowhere • and Matt and Pete are watching him.”

“Watching him • where?”

“Wine cellar.”

“I see.” Gibbs glowered. “And how the fuck am I supposed to conduct an interrogation in a bastard wine cellar, DiNozzo?”

“At least • “ Tony stuttered • the stare was hardening and he was weakening under its intensity.

“At least?”

“You won’t be thirsty?”

Gibbs resisted the urge to head slap the younger agent and growled deep in his chest. “Get him upstairs • even if you have to carry him • I want him ready for questioning in ten minutes • think you can do that?”

“Upstairs • in ten. Yeah Boss. Oh • and one more thing?”

“What?”

“I love it when you’re angry • and I’m sure my ass will love it too • after all • you owe me a punishment.” Tony’s eyes narrowed seductively and he rrrowwrrr’d softly.

“Oh • you are going to regret you just said that, DiNozzo • first Nicky • then your bare ass.” He coughed briefly as the sound man and the cameraman left the Rumpus Room, followed by the two security guards who took up position outside the doors in the lobby area • leaving them alone • with Alex and Taylor still blindfolded and Rick • currently nowhere to be seen • and then wrapped a hand around the back of Tony’s neck and pulling him in for a brief but sating kiss. “Your ass is mine!” he breathed. “All mine.”

“Always.” Tony whispered in response. “Always • Jethro.”
Chapter End Notes:
Now we get back to the actual plot...finally...enjoy....more to come soon...