- Text Size +
Story Notes:
My FIRST Fic.... please, be gentle ! Thanks to Supernova , who helped beta'in and editing this fic... and convinced me to post, despite english is not my first language.
Author's Chapter Notes:
She never had though on Gibbs as a goodlooking guy...
Title : THE SILVER TIGER
Pairing : Kibbs.
Spoiler : It takes place somewhere… after Sub Rosa
Disclaimer : NCIS doesn't belong to me. (DPB: If you lend Gibbs to me for a while,
I swear I'll return him back WITH NO DAMAGE

Rating : PG 13, nothing explicit, just some sexual references . Oh !… and language.
Summary:
Author note : My first Fic. !!!...Please review and be nice…


The spring had finally settled in D.C, soon it will be summer and it's been a great year.
It is very early in the morning, traffic is scarce, still quiet and peaceful compares to the usual peak hours… " nice..." Kate is enjoying her solitude; she is looking out as she drives by to work.
A slight, warm breeze makes the new leafs sway in a pale green dance; along the NCIS yard Avenue the trees seem to be new, the grass is recently mowed and smells good…" even better…" Kate sniffs the fresh air and she smiles behind the wheel.

She sees the sign and makes a turn to the right, entering the NCIS parking lot. It is a "deserted" lot, dark and gray in contrast with the blue sky and the green of grass and new leafs.
She is pretty sure that she is the first to arrive today, ready to take the world…
She turns off the engine, unfastens the seatbelt and releases a content sigh as she grabs her little purse sling it to her shoulder.
Kate makes a quick glance over the site that she identifies very well…. and, oh yeah!. There it is: Gibbs' car.

Her heartbeat is speeding up, her stomach squeezes itself, which is not unknown or unexpected; Oh.. this weird and annoying phenomena.
Kate experienced this emotion every single day, she is accustomed to it by now…she couldn't help herself, she just simply ignores it, as she used to do long time ago in her student days… when she entered the classroom in during her exams, this is exactly how she felt...anxious, excited… Damn it!
Those feelings of expectation and light fear (not completely unpleasant…) they push her to mask her appearance to be calmer and self assured.
Oh! Damn him!...she cursed under her breath rolling her eyes.

Car's door slams, echoing around the empty parking area. The heels of her elegant sandals in dark orchid pink click her way over the only other car there, after a cautious look around the empty place; she slides her hand onto the motor cover, "cold"… It means he remained here for his third consecutive night over the hot case… bad mood would be expected today from her already normally grouchy boss, Kate sighs heavily, this time…accepting her fate for the day.

Her heels follow her way over the shiny floor along the hall and the elevator, The NCIS HQ is still empty except for some security staff.
"He had stayed overnight" Kate thinks as she walks along the way to her bullpen.
She, on the other hand, had walked victoriously over yesterday ( in fact it had been a day in hell) , she came back home , have dinner, enjoyed a relaxing bubbles bath and slept with no dreams, last night at least.

She feels comfortable… all clean and smelling good from the morning shower.
Her hair is soft still damp, and the raspberry fragrance of her new shampoo surrounds her like an aura … it is part of her shield, for her appearance of confidence and balance.
This way, she could maintain her good humor and equanimity, despite the weird annoying behavior from his boss and DiNozzo, her sexist teammate respectively…
Once inside the elevator, the steely wall mirrors her blurred image of her own reflection in pink.

Surprisingly, she had decided this morning that the spring day is perfect to wear for the first time, the elegant day suit which she brought at the end of last year.
In her previous job, when she had to spend her days at the White House around the President and his family, she had to be almost under covered at certain events and the normal black suit and low heels would shout in a very high voice: " and here we had someone from the Secret Service!!! "
Well ... then, all that crap onboard the Air Force one had happened and the Rose Dior suit had been sided at her dresser buried between jeans and boots and matching blouse and skirts.

Today was a perfect day to wear it.... because the weather was pretty warm, because the spring is going to turn into summer soon and the rose Dior matches her hand and feet nails enamel … and just because… why not… ?___" C'mon Kate... stop lying to yourself… that is not the all true and you know it "The elevator ‘ding' interrupts her self reproach … with tall head and her steps confident; she strides into the empty and almost dark bullpen, there she is …into the dark laird of the tiger… the silver tiger with thick silver fur and blue eyes…

She reaches her desk by walking silently over the soft carpet, switches her desk lamp and computer on. There is a note over the keyboard, written in the strong and angled letter that she knows so well: a long list of files to check upon.
And the silver tiger is a couple of meters far… asleep.
She takes her breath in.

"Deeply asleep"... Kate amends.
Smooth and low snores come from his long and massive features sprawled out between chair and desk, feet perched almost over the keyboard and his head backwards in an impossible angle exposing the powerful muscles of the neck that flank both sides of the prominent Adam apple. "Ugg. " Kate angles her own neck in discomfort, ___" how in damnation and hell is it possible for someone to sleep in that weird position...??? Well... if he can fall asleep peacefully in shaking planes and rolling ships… ".
Kate can't help it, she keeps looking: the light shines on the white surface of a canine tooth inside the lax mouth. She shivers... the image of the tiger comes to her mind again.

Instinctively, as every day she does, Kate looks around, except for the huge pile of cups in the trash can, no traces of coffee in the surroundings: bad, baad thing, to be the only human being present right there, when the tiger will awake suffering from caffeine abstinence…
COFFEE!! The perfect excuse… she could flee, she is going downstairs and…

The elevator ding makes her jump, but Gibbs doesn't even change the rhythm of his snores when DiNozzo comes in, yawn and whisper to her "G'dmaurrrrninnnn …Kate " and after an impassible look to the form of his sleeping snoring boss, he focuses on the note over his keyboard with no answer to Kate's question " You fell down from your bed or were pushed out, Tony "??
He switches his computer on and sat down, for once, noiseless. It seems that she is not the only one who avoid, getting the beast's blue eyes opened.

Gibbs had left homework (office work) to the both of them, ideas surely coming from his insomnia.
By the way, this was his third night awake… which explains his exhausted sleep. The case is complicated and ambiguous, practically nothing had been cleared in three days and nights, and Gibbs' bad mood and frustration had growth exponentially.
Sometimes, well actually "all" the time, Tony is usually annoying; but today Kate is relieved by his presence "Thanks DiNozzo", she‘ll be able to focused in her work... on the contrary, staying with Gibbs alone, waiting for him comes back to life… to bark and shout…her concentration at work would be more than affected.
While opening AFIS and searches for the required files, her mind goes flying back to the past…

The little Katie was visiting the Chicago Zoo with her Aunt Jessica and her cousins... They were standing in front of the tiger ground…the amazing and rare white tigers… visitors were waiting patiently and silently for the big, beautiful, and silver fur male, opening his blue eyes… All of them wanted to see the amazing blue tiger eyes, including the tiny Kate.
All the visitors would love to tend hands and caress the thick silver fur. It was about the invincible attraction of peril… and beauty... and power.

She stops her memories, frowning ... Why does she link Gibbs, her boss, the former marine, the harder ass, with a tiger???… Mmm… let's the amazing zephyr color eyes apart… And the fur, yes… thick… silver and certainly smooth. She wants to reach out her hand and caress the silky surface (keep your hands off ,Kate… if you appreciate your job… and besides, you are too young to die).

Let's think about the past…
It is not about the color, no, it is about "Beauty and power" that's why...
Little Kate heard the increasing murmur, the tiger from the past had opened his waited eyes and his unwanted mouth in a resounding although drowsy roar…
The little Katie took a sudden step back, feeling her heart beating fast beneath her tartan coat. Her fragile body paralyzed...her eyes focused on the blue eyes over the proud pink nose… the pink lip lightly up at one side of the mouth … showing the gums and sharp teeth in a silent roar…
Oh!!! What a fascinating fear….."Beauty and power"…
That's it, "beauty + power= attraction"
Kate is back to her present, she frowns… risking a quick glance to her boss "Is she going crazy?"

She looks at her screen with a hard concentration. Useless...that little voice in her mind whispers to her…" beauty + power= attraction, Kate "…
Yeah… it must be the stress over the past days… it is driving her nuts… that's all.

Except that she never considered Gibbs as a good looking man before.
Just recently, strange things are happening, she noticed, that many women find him attractive; despite the omnipresent face of bad humor…...
Yes, sometimes, when her boss passes by, the females who walk pass him couldn't resist not turning their head to have a better look of him…and look at him with lust in their eyes…or insinuate themselves flirting in a more or less direct way. And damn him… he just smirks, enjoying the attention.
This had been funny at the beginning, every time it happens; but as time past, she is getting more and more disturbed.
Oh… she also had commented the thing with DiNozzo, who had given her one of his weird looks and she never had mentioned to him the issue … not anymore. She is not stupid.
Tony is a completely different case of course... He puts tremendous efforts to get the effect that Gibbs, fifteen years older than him, have with no effort. Except on her, sure. Or not? Well, may be a bit... Well, OK." Yes, Kate: YES. Beauty + power= attraction Definitively YES" corrects her little voice … she gives a silent "chist" to it.
She compares the two, Gibbs and Tony in some physical aspects and details using her profiler skills. Letting the eyes and this amazing blue... Let's take in account the mouth: in Tony: well delineate, perfect teeth, captivating smile that makes women melt … but this smile was for her just "nice, warm, friendly"...
On the other hand... Gibbs smile….
Of course … Gibbs NEVER smiles… at least at work.
She risks another glance... just one more. His mouth was…..
Strict?? Stern???
Just this? Nothing else?
And ...and......what else?...Na da.
Why the hell, she can't describe Gibbs mouth?
The answer comes to her suddenly ... because... like his eyes.... UNREADABLE... yes, that's it … the same neutral face that he shows during suspects interrogation … he disguises his emotions , hides his reactions, his thinking , his feeling… until you could believe he doesn't feel anything at all….
But there is his personal "smirk"… this almost omnipresent little one sided smile … soooo Gibbs … This little irritant smirk that makes his bright eyes shine even more…
It was definitely….." Sensual"
Beauty … and Power...
Stop it Kate! What happens with you? You are not the masochist type...
How can you find attraction in fear?
And you have your answer.... you don't scare easily …
It's not fear but… curiosity…
Insatiable and persistent curiosity....
Kate… you must accept that he has a "perfect" body… how many times have you ever seen a body like his… even in younger men? …
Yes… she is going to propose a new rule: have "this hot, sexy body is strictly forbidden for guys around 50, mainly for the ones with amazing blue eyes and sexy mouth…like her boss…Jehtro Gibbs"
Oh… you little voice… keep your mouth shut!!! … I MUST work….
A triumphant sound from Tony attracts her attention ...
Ohhh... nooooo. He is ahead of her …he is winning!!!! and he can't win ... not again…
TBC












.
Chapter End Notes:
My FIRST Fic.... please, be gentle !
Thanks to Supernova , who helped beta'in and editing this fic... and convinced me to post, despite english is not my first language.