- Text Size +
Chapter 12

"We gotta get her to a hospital" Gibbs said as Tony put Mac over his shoulder.
"I know"
"My car is up on the road"
"She was right"
"Mac?"
"Yeah, she said there was a road near here"
"How'd she know?"
"I dunno, said this place was familiar"
"How?" Gibbs said curiously.
"I dunno" he said as he opened the car door and laid Mac on the back seat, getting in beside her. "Step on it Gibbs" he said, which earned him a glare. "I mean if you want to"

"What the hell happened" Mac said, waking up and sitting up, with difficulty.
"Stay down Scuito" Tony told her.
"Since when do I take orders from you DiNozzo?"
"Down Mac" Gibbs said.
"Yes Boss" she said, lying back down.
"You ok?"
"Yeah, I think so, just dehydrated. I'm sure you have a bottle of jack in here somewhere"
"Just water" he said, tossing a bottle into the back.
"Thanks" she said, taking a drink. "So where we headed?"
"Hospital, to get you checked out."
"And you Tony, you were hit"
"Just a little"

Gibbs called Chris when they got into a good reception area. He was going to meet them at the hospital. When he arrived he did a Scuito trait, he tackle hugged Mac, nearly shoving her right off the bed. "Nice to see you too honey" she said as her backed off. She braced herself for a second when she saw Abby running towards her. She was really when Abby jumped her.
"Thank god you're ok"
"I will be better when you take your hand of my shoulder" she said and Abby drew it back quickly.
"Sorry"
"It's ok Abs" she said, giving her another hug. "Well, I wanna get back to work"
"Seriously?"
"Yeah, I'm fine, baby's fine. And I'm sick of hospitals" she said, jumping down off the bed and following them out.

On the way back to NCIS, Abby and Mac were in one car, while the guys were in the other. They arrived a lot quicker, Gibbs was driving. When Mac arrived off the elevator after dropping Abby in her lab, Tony was already waiting to go back down. "Hey nice sling"
"Thanks" she said with a laugh.
"You not get your old one back?"
"No, that one was wrecked when I applied pressure to Chris' stab wound. Speaking off, I see a stab wound, I apply pressure. But when your wife stabs me, she leaves me for dead"
"Wait, what?"
"Nothing" she said, trying to cover up what she just let slip.
"No you said…" he tried to say, but she was away. "Damn she's fast"

Kate, who had turned up at NCIS, and McGee were standing watching them. "I think something happened between them in the woods" he said quietly
"No, last time… bad memories" she said,
"Last time?"
"Doesn't matter, when Mac was first at NCIS. We had a little misunderstanding that got ugly"
"Wow, I didn't know"
"No one does" she said, looking over as Mac, gave Ducky a huge hug.

"Are you ok?" he asked her.
"I'm fine dad"
"Good. You had me scared"
"I know, wont happen again" she said, giving him a peck on the cheek.
"Hey Mac" Kate said, spinning her round.
"Hi"
"Glad you're ok"
"Thanks" Mac said as her phone rang. "Scuito" Kate heard her say. "What…oh shit. Are you sure?... yeah…thanks Carlo" she said, hanging up, a worried look on her face. Kate had only heard one side of the conversation, but she could tell it wasn't good.