- Text Size +
Chapter 14

A few weeks later Mac was back at work, Chris stayed off to look after Matthew, Sarah and J. "Grab your gear, we got a dead sailor at Little Creek" Tony said, entering the bullpen. "Sciuto, gas the truck" he said, tossing the keys to Mac.
"Since when have you called me Sciuto?" she said, grabbing the keys out of the air. She saw the look in his eyes. "DiNozzo, that was last year"
"I know"
"What was?" Kate asked curiously.
"Nothing Kate" Mac told her. She lied; Tony still had that one moment in his head when he had kissed Mac.
"Kate, call Ducky" Tony said as the elevator doors slid shut in front of him and Mac.
"Why'd you feel weird around me after so long" she said, cutting straight to the chase.
"I just…"
"It was just a kiss. Adrenaline and stuff. Sure you shouldn't have done it, but it is in the past. So forget about it and act normally"
"Do I have a choice"
"No" she said, stepping off the elevator.

"Body is a Chief Petty Officer Raymond Gellar" Tony said, holding his wallet. "What we got Duck?" Tony asked as Ducky crouched over the body.
"Well, I would say, one very stressed out doctor, he has 3 kids with him who are under 1."
"I mean on the case"
"Oh. Liver temp suggests TOD to be yesterday at 5. From what I can see COD is blunt force trauma."
"Right. I have Mac talking to the wife, Kate to the woman who found him. Probies are taking pictures."
"Lets get you home chief" Ducky said as he and Gerald lifted him onto a gernie.
"What you got Mac?" Tony asked.
"Better." She said with a smile. "Wife hadn't seen him for 2 days, said they got into a big fight. Didn't know where he went. That's all I got. She was crying a lot, and she didn't say much."
"Could you check on the Probies?"
"You got it" she said, jogging down the slope to the body. Mac checked on them. Everything was ok, so she went about collecting evidence herself. A couple of leaves were blown away and she caught a glimpse of something. She knelt down to pick it up and was shocked to find the photo. When no one was looking she pocketed it and went back to her job.

6 hours later, back at NCIS one of the Probies burst into the bullpen. "I may have a lead."
"Spill" Mac said as she was the only one there. He clicked on the plasma on and it showed a gravely video footage of a guy walking from the crime scene. "Do you know who it is?"
"Um…maybe"
"Then tell me" the probie clicked the button again and a drivers license came up.
"Simon Brown"
"He works at a bank in Maryland. That's good work. Tell DiNozzo I went to pick him up" she said, grabbing her sig and opening her cell. She typed a text message: ‘The photo at the crime scene was a nice touch Carlo,'
Then sent it.

When she entered the bank she saw various people at windows. Third from the right she recognized as Simon Brown. She went to arrest him when a bigger man cut in front of her. He drew a weapon and pointed it and Brown. "Put all the money in the bag or I'll blow your brains out." He said. Brown just stood there, doing nothing. The guy kept his promise. He pulled the trigger and Browns blood flew all over the screen. Mac hid her badge and went to calm the guy down. Before she reached him, three other guys jumped from different queues and also drew weapons. The main guy turned on them all and pointed the weapon at all the clients. "Everyone get down on the fucking floor!"
"Fucking Brilliant" Mac whispered to herself as she joined everyone else on the floor in the corner.