- Text Size +
Chapter 5

Blood spattered all over Michael's face. Mac caught him and he fell limply into her arms, Abby ran and skidded down beside Mac, taking Michael in her arms. Chris knelt down and took his pulse. "He's dead" he said quietly
"Of course he's fucking dead, he has a fucking bullet through his fucking skull"
"Never took you for the swearing type Gibbs" Mac said as he joined them.
"He told me not to" Michael said as he stirred, wiping the blood from his face.
"You ok Mike?" Abby asked.
"Yes mum, just a bit shocked"
"You sure?" Mac asked
"Yes. Of you had got here and shot him a second later Uncle Gibbs, I would be dead. Thanks"
"No problem kiddo. How's McGee doing?"
"Ambulance is on the way. Abby, go to him" she did, leaving them with Michael.
"I'm gonna see how Kate is doing" Mac said, walking off. They had all forgotten their friend had given birth. "So which is it," Mac said, meeting Tony half way. "J or Sarah"
"Both"
"What?"
"Twins"
"Seriously?"
"Yeah"
"Well, congrats man"
"Thanks. How's McGee?"
"On his way to the hospital. He should be ok"
"Good. And I hear congrats are in store for you too."
"Why thank you"
"And you are now a godmother"
"Cool, I'm gonna see how your wife is doing."
"Bye"

"Hey honey" Mac said kneeling down beside Kate. "How are you?"
"Fine" she said tiredly. "How are the others?"
"McGee is one the way to the hospital, Michael is fine, bastard is dead, Gibbs shot him"
"Good"
"You get some rest, congratulations Kate"
"You too Mac" she said, giving her a hug. "Did Tony tell you that we named her Sarah?"
"Yes, and I am honoured. Thanks Kate" she said, standing up.

"Hey Mac," Chris said, seeing his wife approaching.
"Hey, so now you know"
"Yeah, and I think it is great"
"Me too" she said, kissing him and leading him back to the group. Michael was back on his feat, the bastard who had tried to kill all of them was in a body bag.