- Text Size +
Chapter 7

"McGee…" Mac said, interrupting.
"What is it?"
"I gotta go, see ya later" she said, turning to leave the classroom.
"I knew you would bail" a female voice said behind her, causing Mac to stop and turn around. She recognised the woman as the one that hit Michael.
"I thought I got rid of you."
"Yes, well obviously not. She said, making it sound like a threat, taking a step towards Mac.
"'Mon then" Mac said, taking a step towards her.
"Mac" McGee said.
"I know." She said, turning again. She spun around and made to run at the woman, who jumped and hid. Mac had done nothing, causing a smile to come over her face. She did leave this time and McGee got back to his talk.

"What is it Gibbs?" Mac asked as she entered his office.
"I have a mission for you"
"And?"
"It is really important, I need you to break in and sneak around. Steal something and not got caught"
"No pressure" she said sarcastically.
"You'll need to break the code to a safe, if you get the third time wrong, the alarm will sound, and they will catch you."
"Why me?"
"Well, Kate is on maternity leave, Tony is on paternity leave, McGee is in the hospital and I don't trust the probies."
"Oh, I feel so wanted"
"You were first on the list anyway."
"When?"
"Tomorrow."
"Ok then." She said, leaving again.

"Ah, Gerald my good man, you're back" Ducky said to his old assistant.
"That I am doctor"
"So, tell me. Why aren't you a full ME yet?"
"Oh I am, I just prefer being your assistant Ducky"
"Well let's get started then" he said, walking over to the latest body. The automatic doors opened and shut again and Gerald saw a beautiful woman enter. She smiled at him and then began to talk to Ducky.
"What you got?"
"TOD is blunt force trauma. COD is still undetermined for some reason I couldn't get an accurate reading."
"Why?"
"I'm not sure."
"Well, tell me when you do. I'm really busy. I'm like the only one here. I have a mission to prepare for tomorrow. Probies are at some conference thing."
"Do you not know their names?"
"No. I am doing all the forensics and all the field and desk work. Abby is chasing up a few leads between throwing up. Could you spare your assistant to help please?"
"Sure. Gerald. Help Sarah with work. I'm about to start the autopsy. Be careful with him Mac."
"I will dad" she said, laughing. The exited through the door and waited for the elevator.
"Did you just say dad?" he asked, confused.
"Yup." She said stepping onto the elevator.

"What do you need me to do?" he asked, sitting at Tony's desk.
"Could you possibly chase up lead and maybe work on some theories? The file is there. Thanks" she headed back down to the lab on the elevator.

the next day

"GERALD" Abby screamed as she leapt into the big man's arms.
"Hey Abs" he said, hugging her back. She was a lot better.
"Now, Mac" Abby said turning to her other friend.
"Hit me." She said. They were preparing her for the mission. She was in all black, a tight top and plain black combat trousers. It was an hour away from show time, and Mac was nearly all done. Her sig was already in it's holster at her back.
"You look very hot in that" Gerald told Mac.
"Um…Thanks" she said, not knowing if that was appropriate, her being married and all.
"We have standard issue camera in the glasses" Abby said, handing them over and Mac out them on. "No ear wig, we're going for more powerful head set." It was a ear piece with a microphone hanging down, just like they used in MTAC.
"What no PDA?" Mac asked as Abby handed her a pad and pencil. "To do more working on the code when you are there. We will help from MTAC"
"Got it."
"We ready to roll?" Gibbs asked.
"I think so"
"Then lets do this" Abby said excitedly.

A probie dropped Mac off at the location and she snuck slowly up to the secret back entrance. She vaguely heard the car drive off as she picked the lock. "Is coms up?" she heard Abby say through her earpiece. "Mac can you hear me."
"Crystal" she whispered.
"Sierra8, you have to drop in from the air vent." she heard Gibbs say.
"Copy Gulf" she said, climbing up and crawling the 100 feet to the room she needed to be in. "What is this, bloody Mission Impossible" she said to herself as she removed the grate. She dropped gracefully down to the floor. A pulled her sig, quickly clearing the room. It was clear.

"I'm in."