- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Song: I'll Give You Something To Miss

I'm gonna catch my breath



Abby took a deep breath as the elevator ground to a halt. Even though both of her stalkers were in custody, Gibbs was insisting that he walk her to her car each night. Ducky told her a few days ago that he thought Gibbs interest went beyond the workplace. She decided tonight was the night to test Ducky's theory.



I'm gonna count to ten



Abby gave herself a mental pep talk all the way over to Gibbs' desk. He looked up and she smiled at him.



"I'm ready to go whenever you are." She told him.



"Ready." Gibbs said as he stood and flipped off his lamp.



They walked to the elevator. When the doors slid shut, Abby reminded him, "My vacation starts tomorrow, Gibbs. I'll be out of town for a while."



I'm gonna leave you wonderin' when you'll see me again



Gibbs looked startled. She smiled to herself. Just as she thought, he had forgotten she was taking time off. They stepped out of the elevator and he took her arm to lead her to her car. He was always aware of his surroundings but she could feel him thinking, trying to figure out how to wiggle her out of her vacation time.



I'm gonna say goodnight with one passionate kiss
And leave you with the strongest feeling there is



Abby unlocked her door and turned to thank Gibbs for keeping her safe. "Thank you, Gibbs. I've always felt safe with you."



He nodded. "I wouldn't let anything happen to you, Abby."



She smiled. Before she could talk herself out of it, she stood on her tip-toes and kissed him, deepening it when he responded. Just as he moved to take her in his arms, she broke away.



I'll give you something to miss....



She grinned at him and got into her car. "I'll see you when I get back Gibbs." She drove away knowing it would drive him crazy wondering where she was going and when she'd be back. She'd call him in a few days and let him know she was just staying around her place. She laughed, remembering the look on his face. Ducky had been spot on with his assessment. And Gibbs had no clue what he was in for.