- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Song: Till You Love Me

Abby was in her apartment fixing lunch when her doorbell rang. She smiled and ran to look through the peephole. Gibbs. How did he know she hadn't gone out of town? She stood silent, thinking he might go away thinking she wasn't there.


"I know you're home, Abby. I can smell your cooking." He told her as he looked straight at the peephole.


She unlocked the door and stood looking at him.


I looked in your eyes so bright and so blue
And that's when I knew that you could be mine


"What brings you by today Gibbs?" Abby asked as they sat down to eat.


"You know what brings me by, Abby." He said and stared into her eyes.


If good things come, to those who will wait
Then I guess I can wait, if that's what I have to do
Oh it's worth it for you


She shook her head and smiled. "Not really."


"I got the flowers you had delivered."


Biting back another smile, she asked him, "Did Tony give you a hard time?"


"DiNozzo knows better." He said with a smile.


They ate in companionable silence for a while until he had to ask, "Why did you kiss me Abby?"


She looked up and gave him her usual grin. "I had to. I couldn't hold it in any longer."


The sunlight, the moonlight are beyond my control.
And there are stars in the heavens that I'll never hold


"I love you Gibbs. And I think you love me. I'm willing to wait until you realize that on your own. But it's only fair to let you know, I'm going to do all I can to show you the way that I feel."


"You're willing to wait for that to happen?" Gibbs asked, almost in disbelief.


"You're worth the wait, Jethro. I'll be here. I don't plan to go anywhere." Abby told him.


But if dreams give you power, then I'm strong enough
To offer my heart and never give up
Till you love me
Till you love me



~Calalily~