- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Song: Love Isn't Love (Til You Give It Away)

Gibbs was sitting back at his desk, smiling at the fact that Abby would actually think he'd put that picture of her on his desktop. Keep it in a folder stashed away for later viewing, yes. Display her for everyone's eyes to see, no. Abby walked from the elevator to his desk and he turned his smile on her. Her step faltered for a moment as she stared at him.


Smile's not a smile until it wrinkles your face


She stepped over to his side of the desk and looked down at his monitor. He heard the quick indrawn breath she took as she realized he hadn't put the picture on his background. She was about to walk away when she noticed that Tony and Ziva were staring at them.


"I have some test results I need to talk to you about Gibbs." She said and walked away.


He stood up from his chair and caught up with her before the elevator doors closed. As soon as they started moving, he pushed the emergency stop button.


You might think love is a treasure to keep
Feeling to cherish and hold
But love is a treasure for people to share
You keep it by letting it go


She turned to him with a question in her eyes and he simply let her look into his. He was waiting; waiting to see if she would find what he had just acknowledged himself that very day. She looked for what seemed like forever and then her beautiful smile broke free. She threw her arms around his neck and he lifted her off her feet. Pinning her to the wall of the elevator, he returned the kiss she started all those weeks ago. He kissed her until his knees were weak and her lipstick was all but gone. Lifting his head only the few inches he needed to look into her eyes, he told her, "I love you Abby."


She raised her head to kiss him again and whispered to him as her lips touched his, "I love you, Gibbs."


Cause love can't survive
When it's hidden inside
And love was meant to be shared
Love isn't love till you give it away
Love isn't love till it's free
The love in your heart
Wasn't put there to stay
Oh love isn't love till you give it away


~Calalily~