- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Where did he go? Will he come back? What happened?
Tony took another deep breath before he exited the car. To bring Dom to school had been his first step to get over the day, also it was more like a marathon. Dom hadn't said anything, no question, nothing. The silence didn't make it easier though.

Now he stood in the parking lot of NCIS and he didn't know if he could get in. What would happen? Due to his half-day position he wasn't supposed to show up before 9 but now it was 15 minutes later. Would Gibbs yell at him? Would Gibbs ignore him?

He sighed and made his way in. No matter what would happen he had to face Gibbs sooner or later. He went through security and forced himself to smile but couldn't do the usual chatter. He went up internally giving himself the gut.

"What the hell?"

He walked into the bullpen watching shocked as McGee packed all his stuff from his desk. Did Gibbs fire McGee?

"Tim?"

McGee looked up at him startled. His expression was a mixture of pure horror and fear.

"I don't understand it. Why didn't he say anything?"

"Tim, I..."

McGee stood up and carried his box over to Gibbs' desk, where he started to unpack it. What the hell was going on?

"Tim?"

"Gibbs quit...don't you know that?"

Tony sank down in the next chair he could find. This wasn't just a fight getting out of control. Gibbs didn't move out for a night or two. This was, officially and finally, the end.

"Tony? Something wrong?"

"He left me. He...it's over...and he won't come back..."

McGee put a supporting hand on Tony's shoulder.

"Why don't we go down to Abby? It's a bit crowded up here."

Tony nodded slowly but didn't seem to get up. For a moment McGee considered the options and then hooked one arm under Tony's.




McGee and Abby stood there and watched Tony. Abby nudged the young man and mentioned towards the young Italian. He shook his head and gestured a "no way" to the goth. She sighed.

"Tony, what happened?"

"I don't know...it's been rocky lately. Me being back at work and the problems with Dom's school...it hasn't been the best time in our relationship...last night I went into the basement to ask him what's wrong and he...he said that Dom really should see a shrink...I was that enraged that I accidently told him that I'm pregnant."

"You're pregnant? I thought men only get pregnant once."

Abby said shocked.

"That's what we thought so we didn't prevent...he accused me on cheating on him and then said he doesn't want another child."

He let out a pathetic laugh.

"He wanted me to do an abortion. Can you believe that? When I said I wouldn't he...he packed and left. He won't come back, will he?"

Tony looked at them with tears in his eyes and Abby quickly hugged him.

"It's gonna be ok, Tony. We're here for you."

"But I need him, Abby. I had to go through one pregnancy alone, how should I go through a second?"

"You're not alone, Tony. This time you've got us. We'll take care of you. I promise."

Tony looked at his hand. Slowly he took off the ring he had worn for six years.

"I love him. And I thought he loved me, too. We went through so much...he made me come back...why did he leave?"

Instead of an answer Abby just took him into her arms again and he cried. Too sad to care about anything.




"Gibbs?"

"Fuck, Gibbs! Where the hell are you? Are you freaking out of your mind? I swear! If you don't have a damn good explanation for this I'll kill you myself!"

Abby waited but there was only silence on the other end.

"You're done?"

"Not even close."

She snapped back.

"Well, anyway. Tell Tony he'll get a check every month. He can have full custody for Dom and I'm out of his life. I won't be even close to them anymore."

"Where are you going, Gibbs?"

"Home."

After that the line was cut and Abby stared at the phone.
Chapter End Notes:
Same as before. Not betaed. Thanks for the feedback and more please. Thanks to Eva and Nadine