- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Love writing the story,,,,I hope you guys love it too...SPECIAL thanks to my BETA(MV) and my reviewers...means a lot to me!!!
Author's Chapter Notes:
KIBBS...KIBBS...KIBBS>>> Don't you love Gibbs' boy...making a mess???
Title : Damn Witch
Pairing : KIBBS, two shot outtake of "Drool"
Rating : PG 13/ K+
Disclaimer : NCIS...definitely not mine
Fiction : Humor, established relationship
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1 Sweets for the sweet

GIBBS POV
My son is a year old; he has about 6 teeth now...he looks like my wife, but he has my eyes, character and temperament; he is my pride and joy and his name is Robert. He screams and throws his toys away when he is pissed, but his mother is not having any of that nonsense. She would punish him and make him take back his toys. My son would look at me sadly, hoping for a backup. So sorry son, but I can't help you, because your mommy is already glaring at me.
I never shout at him in anger, he never pisses me off; when he is naughty, I just think that's what a boy is supposed to be; even Ducky said so.
I am now the director of NCIS, I've been very busy because I took some courses to help me in my new position; hence I hardly spend time with my boy. But I know him all right...I know that he is a smart intelligent and devious one year old, he knows what he wants and he'll find a way to get it. Kate often brings Robert to the NCIS HQ.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like today...
Kate was called to help my Senior Agent Dinozzo and his team profile a big case; so she left him in Special Agent Xavier's care, her old team mate, the young agent often took care of Robert when we are swamped, so he is used to his antics.
BUT...THERE IS A CATCH...
Robert has been banned from eating ice cream, candy or anything cold, sweet and yummy because of his recent cough and cold; my wife was mad because the boy got sweets and chocolate every time she took him to the HQ...without her knowledge of course, then she would find candy wrappers all over our house. So the boy has been banned for...dear God!!! Almost a month...until today.

This morning I couldn't believe my eyes when Robert bullied a 30year old man to get what he wants, because his mother is away.
As I enter the pantry, I stop in my tracks...
I find my son and Special Agent Xavier in the pantry; they are having the time of their life at nine in the morning, eating "stuff" from the vending machine; I see Robert's favorites on the middle table: Gummy Bears, M&M's and of course...a tub of ice cream. My baby looks at me, his face is blotched with ice cream, he grins his six teeth at me..."dadiiii", he greets me oh so sweetly; he knows that I am not going to scold him.
"Robert, your mom is going to spank your bum..." I say to him as I look at the crime's evidence all over his face, table and his clothes…To my disbelief, he looks at James as if blaming him for getting his food and getting him in trouble and all the mess.
Special Agent Xavier is shocked; he almost chokes on his ice cream
NO...NO...NO...NO...NO...BOSS...he made me!!!" James is terrified, how could a one year old tell on him? "He hardly speaks, James...he is a year old" I exclaim at the worried young man. "He makes me go to the vending machine and he points...I SWEAR" James defends himself.
"You could refuse him, you know...he is only ONE" I stress his age.
"YES, but he screams...loudly...he has a temper boss...I swear..." James replies, "He is one...and you are a thirty year old federal agent" I can't believe it.
All this time...the supposedly innocent victim is looking back and forth between me, his father and his horrified sitter...while sucking on his gummy bear...his gums must be damn itchy.
"I swear boss...Bobby makes me go there and points at what he wants...see..." Special Agent Xavier is sweating bullets now..."Kate specifically told me that he is NOT to eat any candy and sweets, but I felts sorry and I got the Gummy Bears for him...I figured Gummy Bears aren't that bad" he defends his action.
"Then Robert points at the M&M's at the vending machine...I tried to trick him...I got the biscuits instead...but HE REFUSED!...see boss...see, he threw it away...I put it back in his hand...and he threw it to the floor AGAIN!!!...he even tried to squash it with his feet too!!!" and James whips out a packet of badly smashed biscuits.
"When I tried to take him away from the vending machine he shouted really loudly..."NO!!!"...everybody in the lobby was looking at me..." James is really embarrassed. "So...I got him the M&M's...I had no choice, Jack the security guard was already stalking towards me, he must have thought I did something to Bobby..." his voice is getting softer by the second, not looking into my eyes anymore...

"And...?" I am now curious. James looks at the top of the boy sitting comfortably on his lap "and…and…he said ‘eat…' "I almost laugh at the top of my lungs, but I control myself."I was confused, he only has few small teeth, and I never thought he could eat M&M's...it has peanuts in it"
"Yes, he can, James" I said to the 30 year old agent. "YES, I KNOW..." James is excited now "he waits till the M&M's melt in his mouth boss...see..." James shows him off, he lifts part of his lip to show me...Robert has one M&M's on each side of his cheek, resting and melting away, ready to be eaten, and a red Gummy Bear at the front teeth and gum, holding it with his fingers and taking his time pulling and chewing it slowly...his drool is dripping everywhere. His mother is not there to take his sweets away from him.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pull out a chair and sit in front of my son, the perpetrator. "dadiiiiii..." he calls me again as he chews on the Gummy Bear."Son, if your mother finds out, I won't be able to help you, you know..." I look at his happy sticky face, but Robert keeps eating his sweets, unaware of his impending fate, his soft blue eyes look at mine and he says "Yummy"
Yes, I know Robert, yummy..." I exhale. Then I realize something as I look at the table. "And the ice cream? There is NO ice cream in the vending machine, James" I point out. "Boss, I SWEAR, he knows where Abby hides her ice cream boss...and her ice cream is gooooood..." James is eating Abby's Chocolate Godiva; he knows that Abby won't be mad because he could tell her that Robert wanted it...and everybody in the building knows that Abby only lets Robert Gibbs eat her Govida...not even his father gets a taste of the yummy ice cream.

I look at the ice cream, I grab James' spoon and eat the ice cream. It's damned good!!! No wonder his boy loves it! Robert looks at me enjoying the ice cream; he grins, pulls his half chewed battered gummy bear and opens his mouth at me...so I spoon some of the chocolate ice cream into his mouth; he gives me his honeyed smile, tucks his Gummy Bear back into his mouth and relaxes in James' lap.
Oh dear God, I just noticed his clothes. He is wearing white overalls, it is a gift from Ducky and Kate wants Ducky to see that Robert is wearing the clothes that the sweet old ME got for him...and it's not white anymore! It is now blotched with the chocolate from the Ice cream, red from the Gummy Bears and green, yellow and blue from the M&M's; he is going to be scolded, so I might as well let him eat.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James's mobile rings, he tells his boss that he is in the pantry with Gibbs's boy, hears him say a couple of yeses; I listen to the conversation longingly...I kind of miss field work, snapping at my guys, barking orders, nailing some bastard, interrogation, hitting on my gorgeous female agent - oh, and she is now my wife, by the way

A few minutes later I am about to grab Robert from his sitter and spend some quality time with him in my office - just me and the little man - when O'Brien comes into the pantry with a cheer to my son; the moment Robert notices the big man, his eyes twinkle in mischief.
O'Brien picks Robert up from his incompetent sitter, he looks so small in the giant's arms; O'Brien throws the key to the agent, "James, gas the truck and wait for me there...get Roland too" and the agent dashes out of the pantry.
"O BIIII" the boy greets the giant teddy bear right away, drooling on his arms.
"Bobby..." O'Brien kisses his wet sticky cheeks, he spends more than five minutes with him, rubbing Robert's bulging tummy, telling him that he shouldn't eat too much candy because they could ruin his tiny beautiful teeth. O'Brien also tells Robert that he has a grandchild about his age and he will introduce his grandson to Robert when he is in town.

Then...

O'Brien pulls out something from his pocket, Robert's eyes enlarges, looking the silvery wrapper that he is very familiar with. Without being asked, he pulls out his half chewed red Gummy Bear from his mouth and sticks it in O'Brien's mouth. I flinch a little when I witness the act...oh Robert...Robert...Robert...no no no...
But the big man accepts the gooey gummy happily, no look of disgust on his face, he says it brings him luck; Kate would scream and faint on the spot, fortunately his mother is not there to witness the act.
"YUMMY OBII..." Robert wants to say to the man that the gummy bear is yummy, and he is sharing it with him. "Kiss OBI" the man points to his own cheek...and Robert quickly kisses his giant teddy bear with his sticky mouth.
In return, O'Brien slips in a not-so-tiny white chocolate to my boy's gaping mouth; O'Brien says to me "It's OK, Gibbs, its milk…it's good...Kate won't be mad..." yeah right since when is white chocolate considered milk? I laugh at the two of them and he lowers Robert to my lap and leaves the pantry...

Finally, just the two of us. I get to spend some time with my baby. I kiss his head, he smells so good despite the mess: his mouth is filled with the large piece of chocolate which he struggles to eat, then he pulls out the wet chocolate piece and waves it in front of my face...and I...and I...take a bite..."yummy..." he explains to me that it tastes gooood...and sticks it back in his mouth...
Damn...it IS good...especially with coffee...I imagine. Perhaps, I can take my son to...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly the pantry's door opens again...
"Robert...my dear" yes...it's Ducky!!! The NCIS ME.
"I've been looking all over for you, my boy...look at you...don't you look grand and cute in your white overall? Ohh...it's not white anymore. Never mind…let's go, Robert...Ducky will take you around...your mommy and daddy are busy..." Ducky picks him up from me to go around the HQ, leaving me alone with the mess on the table in the pantry.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've failed spending time with my son. I go back to my office, documents to be read and sign are piled up, waiting for my consideration; it took me almost two hours to finish the first batch. After conforming a few meetings and making phone calls, I stretch on my chair and my mind goes back to Robert...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T
he boy can't speak in full sentences yet, but he has got quite a vocabulary, such as mommy, daddy, dukiii, O-bii, A bii, toni, no, yes, open, eat and yummy.
Recently, he acquired a few more, one from me and another one from my beloved wife.
I recalled as one morning; my boy was having his breakfast in his high chair, I was struggling with the blasted laptop...I was pissed off, I wanted to throw the damn thing against the wall, but decided not to, instead, I slammed it close and cursed, "DAMN", I hate technology and all the things that are supposed to make our lives easier! And then…
"Damn" comes out of his tiny innocent mouth, his first swear word and he was not even a year old!" Jethro, you cursed in front of him" Kate entered the kitchen just as Robert said "damn"...I muttered under my breath, "damn" for getting caught red handed and the little boy said another "DAMN..." this time louder. Kate would still be nagging about the incident if not for another word Robert managed to acquire from her...bless his tiny heart, he saved me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About a months ago, for some reason, my ex wife number three was bothering me. She called many times at work, on my home line and my mobile, asking about me, my son and my job. Kate got annoyed and jealous! Even though I told her repeatedly that there is nothing for her to be jealous about, as ex number three is getting married! I've been avoiding the daft woman like the plague, I am disturbed by her incessant calling and I hate to see Kate upset for no good reason.
But it got worse. The incident happens about two weeks after the "damn" incident.
That evening we were having dinner when ex number three called our home; Kate picked up the phone but it was hung up several times until the fourth time. "Jethro...yours!" she gave the phone to me, pissed! And she took Bobby from my lap, muttering under her breath, "witch!!!"

After a few minutes of stupid nonsense from ex number three, I returned to my cute son, trying to snatch his food from his jealous angry mother at the dinner table. Kate was not talking to me...Bobby looked at me and grinned...he opened his mouth and he said "witch..." Kate froze, I laughed at the top of my lungs...I was so proud of him. Since then Kate never mentions the "damn" incident anymore. Thank you, Robert.
Unfortunately…after the "damn" incident, whenever Robert is angry, he would say "damn" and throw his toy away...yes, it is my fault, I admit, he acts just like me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few nights ago: Kate answered the door expecting Abby; the Goth called an hour ago, told Kate that she is coming over to our house. I was in my basement with the boy and my boat. She returned to us pissed and said "your ex number three is at the door looking for Jethro" as she picked Bobby up from the floor and walked up to our room. On the way to the room she muttered under her breath "witch" with Robert in her arms; he must have noticed that his beloved mommy doesn't like the tall red head lady who was talking to his naughty dad and her name is witch.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUCKY's POV
This morning I took my grandson for his waddles around the HQ, after a while he raises one of his feet to my leg and both his arms to me, he wants me to carry him. In my arms the boy giggles and talks in his own language; pinching my cheeks and drooling all over me and my shirt as we go around the HQ.
I love bringing him with me wherever I go: the boy never interrupts me, unlike his dad! He loves spending time with me, going up and down the elevator, climbing stairs, going in and out the security panel by the entrance, following me around with the security personnel, if we let him, he would have climbed into the X ray machine.

Every single person in the HQ knows Robert Jethro Gibbs - most of them call him Bobby; they love the happy boy, you have to understand...Federal agents take their lives in their hands; some of them don't make it home. The thought of death and danger can be forgotten, just for a few moments when they see Robert and his antics.

I am back from my thoughts as the object of my affection is trying to get my attention. "Robert, what do you want?" and I look at his chubby pointing finger...towards the soda machine. "Oh Robert...NO...your mother is going to be mad...no Robert..." as I pull his hand down from pointing at the soda machine, shaking my head at him.

But the tot keeps pointing at the thing he wants, looking at me sadly with his big puppy eyes and he calls my name "dukiii" softly, over and over again, begging me until I slip the coins in and buy him his Mellow Yellow, a sweetened soda drink. I put the can of cold soda in his hands and stride back quickly to the pantry. "OK, Robert, I guess this is our secret" I feel bad because his mother specifically told me NOT to let the boy eat anything from the vending machine but he is not eating he is drinking. I ridiculously try to defend my action.
Anyway, we go to the pantry and I feed Robert his drink. While the boy sits in my lap, I kiss the top of his head, he smells like a baby despite the mess on his face and overall. I look at the boy fondly and he looks up to me and grins, and calls me again "du...kii", he wants me to know that he loves me...
See, I have been an ME for NCIS for many years. Dead bodies roll in and out in front of my eyes, day after day. I dealt with unsightly things and smells, so, to have a bundle of joy, perched on my lap enjoying our time together…I love him to pieces.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile:

Special Agent Dinozzo is back at the HQ, he quickly checks in his pocket...checking for something...then he smiles excitedly and dashes off...to the pantry.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kate's POV
I have just arrived with Tony and McGee; it was a short trip, now I have to type my preliminary reports. I miss my work terribly...not that I don't love taking care of my husband and kid...oh no...I wouldn't change a thing...but I jump at the change of field work...it was kind of embarrassing...
Well, last night Jethro came home early, we had dinner together, then he told me about Tony needing my help and before he finished his sentence, I jumped from my chair and kind of attacked my husband...and I said "I'll do it, I'll do it..." grabbing him from behind, the man almost choked on his food...and he laughed at me. Robert was shocked to see me behave that way...the boy just gawked at me for quite some time.

Last night, I was so excited I couldn't sleep and Jethro said that if I didn't sleep, I might oversleep and miss the field work. This morning I woke up real early and got my boys ready to go. I was practically fidgeting by the door...
Now, I am sitting in my old bullpen...I am using Tony's desk...and where on earth is everybody? Where are McGee and Tony??? As I look at the empty bullpen...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bribe (Ducky's POV)
There is one thing that Robert learns at a very young age, and that is that Tony buys his love...and Robert knows exactly how to work his funny friend.
"BOBBYYYY!!! See what Tony has for you?" Tony dashes through the pantry and greets the tot excitedly. Robert is seated in my lap, drinking his Mellow Yellow refusing to even glance at Tony; he is still slowly but surely sucking his sweet Mellow Yellow from the straw; I noticed...the boy is particularly cruel to Tony, perhaps he can feel that Tony loves to annoy his mommy.
I look at Tony pitifully UNTIL, the man pulls out something from his pocket, a Tim tam wafer, waving it in front of the child "Say TONI...TO...NY...TOOO NIIII, can you say TO NI?" as the goofy senior agent unwraps the chocolate wafer desperate for his attention.

Immediately, Robert straightens himself, lets go of his drink, grabs the Tim tam, shoves it in his mouth and sucks on it excitedly. The little man has been deprived on his favorite food by his cruel mom for a month....Then he smiles and said, "TO...NI"; Tony is so happy to hear him say his name, he thinks Robert hates him. "Good boy Bobby...Bobby good boy" Tony praises him, as he picks him up from my lap and throws him up the air...once...twice...three times...
"Tony...you shouldn't do that, he just drank!'' I warn him. "Oh...sorry...I didn't know..." while kissing the willing giggling boy in his arms...the boy smells good, all powdery and baby-ish...

-Tbc-nova2007
------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to my BETA (MV)…
For my reviewers…Dani, Dolphinesiren, Kibbslover, manue82, Hockeyrocks, mcabello,louise1717, I heart TV lovin hottie, alli Cameron, snake666, shanahan, maelace, orangeangel, Bart simpson rox…and many more…THANKS for taking the time…

please REVIEW!!!
Chapter End Notes:
Love writing the story,,,,I hope you guys love it too...SPECIAL thanks to my BETA(MV) and my reviewers...means a lot to me!!!