- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The title says it all.......enjoy the color of the rainbow...
Chapter 2 Robert's art

Kate POV
I am typing at Tony's desk, busy comparing notes and analyzing evidence. I just called my husband few minutes ago, asking whether Robert has eaten his lunch yet and he said the boy has eaten. I decided to continue my work, I am sure that my baby is taken care of; he never lacks admirers in the HQ...
Then, without realizing, I get absorbed in my work. It's almost four...oh my God, Robert, my poor baby, he must be hungry; and I quickly look for him, I haven't heard his giggles or voice since I have been back at the HQ.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Gibbs POV
After I received a call from my wife checking on the boy I quickly snuck down to the bullpen. As I quietly climb down the stairs, I see her working on her case. Thank God, she was so focused on her work, she didn't see me and I quickly head towards the pantry for Robert.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The pantry is packed...
I see my son amongst his various sitters...oh dear GOD!!!...
Let me recap: Robert is now sitting on McGee's lap, leaning nicely on the agent's chest, drinking cold strawberry milk from McGee;
Ducky is holding a can of Mellow Yellow, Tony is holding half eaten chocolate wafers, still trying to bait Robert with it... and then there was this morning's Gummy Bears, M&M's and ice cream from James and the white chocolate from O'Brien.
"Oh my God...Bobby, please..." I shake my head at him and his sitters, "Guys...stop feeding him...all...that!!!" I warn them; "If Kate finds out..." and they slowly leave the pantry...leaving Robert and the mess with me.


he spoon and feeds himself...perhaps Abby's feeding portion is too little for his big appetite. Suddenly, he looks at me, grins and he raises his spoon to me, feeding me the Ice cream. Damn! It's delicious! My boy feeds me over and over again...sure he often misses, he is only a year old.
I love you son, I said in my heart. I see him struggle with the hard ice cream; I help him scoop and his mouth is gaping open from the anticipation, and I happily feed my baby. "AHHH...Jethro! Abby!...oh my God...Robert Jethro Gibbs!!!" Kate enters the pantry as I spoon feed my son...she screams when she recognizes her son in his colorful-not-so white overall...
"Jethro...how could you...after what I told you...OHHH BOBBY, naughty boy..." and my wife goes on. Abby slips out of the pantry unnoticed as Kate is fussing over Bobby's messy condition. "Traitor" I whisper to myself...
--------------------------------------------

Bullpen

Abby arrives in the bullpen...

"ANYBODY who's given Bobby ANYTHING he is not supposed to have...GO!" Abby warns them. "Kate got Gibbs...you guys GO!" Tony, McGee, Ducky and James scattered. It was almost time to go anyway. They grab their stuff...and "DING..." the elevator's doors opened...They froze.
OH NO...it is not Gibbs or Kate...no no no...NOPE! It is Director Gibbs's ex wife number three...adorned in a sexy lingerie looking white slip...with spaghetti straps and stilettos heels.
-----------------------------------------

Tony whistles. Ducky smacks him HARD! McGee's mouth gapes open...Abby smacks him on the head, HARD! James cocks his head, looking at the lady in white...TWACK...TWACK...Ducky and Abby smack him, HARD!
----------------------------------------

"Where is Jethro guys?" Ex # three asks the guys...nobody answers her question; the three testosterone charged men are still nursing their heads.
"Where is Jethro, Ducky?" she asks the ME with her too sweet voice, Abby flinched.
"It's Dr. Mallard...and Gibbs is downstairs...busy! With his WIFE and SON..." Ducky pronounces very clearly...in case the airhead who he regretfully introduced to Jethro, didn't hear him.
"I need to talk to Jethro..." she flicks her red hair, ignoring Ducky's sarcasm
"About what?" Ducky is losing his patience. "See, I am getting married soon and I need his help…" and "DING" the sound catches everybody's attention. All eyes are looking at the elevator
--------------------------------------

Gibbs POV

I am talking to my wife sweetly, I've calmed her down in the pantry. I am holding Robert in one arm, hold her hand with my other hand; I plan to take them out for dinner and we are going to the bullpen to invite the guys...my treat.
Kate is whispering to my ears only...about her detailed plan to please me in bed tonight. I feel her lips on my cheek, lips and jaws...I pull her closer to me, kissing her neck, she is giggling in my arm...all sweet and soft, I can not wait for her to work her magic on me, but as we exit the elevator Kate suddenly freezes.
-----------------------------------------

"Ahh...Jethro, there you are...I was looking all over for you..." my ex wife # three greets me; what the hell is she doing here? As I see my guys looking nervously at me. Then I feel Kate about to pull away from me; I grab her, not letting her leave my side, I have had enough of this shit. Kate pleads with me, "Jethro, let me take Bobby and change him...". "No Katie...later!" I say gruffly...I am pissed! My wife must have known that I am angry, she says nothing and stays beside me, exactly where she is supposed to be.

I know that Kate is self-conscious about her looks; she said to me once before we were married that my ex number three is stunning, I feel her shrink slightly behind me. I remembered how self-conscious she is about her body after she has given birth to my son, said that she is not as lean or as small as before, even though I told her that in my eyes, she is perfect!
But she said everything changed: her clothes changed, she doesn't wear skirts as often because she has an active one year old in the house, crawling around the perimeter; she has housework, errands and grocery to do, not to forget, helping me with the classes I took. She said her nails are not manicured anymore. I look at ex number three, fully manicured and I feel my Katie self-consciously hiding her hands further behind me.
----------------------------------

"Oh, what a cute boy you have Jethro...he looks like you" ex number three states sweetly. "No...he looks like my wife..." I said stiffly, what the hell did I see in her?
"Oh really? I think he looks just like you" she pinch the boy's chubby cheeks; Kate doesn't want her to touch Robert, she tugs my hand slightly, whispers my name...she looks worried! But I look at her and she understands that it is OK.
----------------------------------

Poor Bobby (Kate/Gibbs POV)
My wife is not an overbearing protective mother, she is uncomfortable with my ex number 3 being near Robert because of a specific incident. It happened months ago, Robert was still a six month old; we were still working as agents in NCIS...still struggling, finding time to raise a family.
----------------------------

Ex number three showed up unexpectedly at our door; it was around seven in the evening, and Jethro was not home yet. Ex number three wanted to hold my Robert as she noticed him in his pen and I couldn't say no, I had no reason to say no and it would have been rude. So against my better judgment, I placed Robert in her arms. A few minutes later our phone rang; and I ran back to the kitchen to pick it up...It was my husband.
-----------------------------

Kate told me that my ex wife was there; I smirked and asked Kate what the hell was she doing in our home...and she said the woman was waiting for me and Robert was with her, she wanted to hold Robert. I froze, I know my ex number three, the woman hates children, why on earth was she holding my baby?...Kate must have noticed that my voice changed...and I told her that I am coming home.
-------------------------------

Jethro said he'll come straight home. I was worried, I quickly dashed back to his ex; my baby was crying by the time I found them. I quickly apologized for his behavior and took him away, away from her! Then she said she was leaving. I couldn't care less; I was focused on the infant crying frantically in my arms.
Half an hour later my husband arrived, found his son in tears; he dropped his stuff by the door and picked the boy up, trying to calm him down. But Bobby was still crying even after his daddy rocked him.
--------------------------------------

So, Kate took him away from me, she said she'll put him to bed, maybe he was sleepy. When Kate was changing him, I heard her gasp loudly and I entered the nursery, "What's wrong Kate?" I asked, but she couldn't answer me, she was mad.
As Kate stripped Bobby, she noticed his upper arm is blueish green, poor baby.

Her voice was strained, controlling her anger and sadness, "he's been pinched by your crazy ex wife, Jethro!!!" as she quickly rubbed some ointment on his bruised milky arm, he wailed even more from the painful pressure.
"I am so sorry, Bobby...mommy didn't know...I am sorry, baby" Kate almost cried as she continued rubbing the ointment on his arm. She was furious. I was so angry nothing came out of my throat, the guilt was eating me alive, my ex wife, my problem, and my fault...it is my fault that Robert was hurt…"I'll call Ducky" is all I managed to say.
"Jethro... it's nothing...don't call Ducky...he is fine, I am just mad" she said to me…never once did she blame me. I couldn't talk. It's no big deal...it's just a pinch...but why?" she wanted to scream along with her boy. I stood near them as Kate cleaned and dressed him then I picked him up, placed him against my chest and I walked down to the basement.

After a while Robert stopped crying...because he was sleepy and tired from the crying, not to mention his coffee flavored daddy rocked him to sleep, whispering all kind of things to soothe him...basically Gibbs apologized to his son.
---------------------------------------

Late that night my husband thought that I was asleep...and I heard, "I am sorry Kate..." as he snuggled right next to me, I didn't say anything, I pretend that I was asleep…the guilt was eating him alive. The next day, he told Ducky about the incident; the ME was beyond mad, he was furious, he shouted in displeasure and fussed over the bruise which was actually nothing, but the six months old seemed to know that Ducky was fussing over his sorry bruise and he cried pitifully in Ducky's arm, as the ME cursed ex wife number three.
The angry ME said the woman is evil and crazy; a baby's skin is very soft and sensitive...she is cruel, said Ducky.
-------------------------------------

GIBBS POV
That's why I can understand why my wife is anxious to get Bobby out of the witch's face...but this time, I have him in my arms, as if daring my ex to try and hurt him again; I'll break her neck if she hurts him.
The guys know about the incident, they call her witch number 3; Abby is eying her hatefully...mumbling to herself...perhaps the Goth is cursing the woman, putting a spell on the lady that hurt Robert.

My Robert doesn't like the lady who is touching him; he is usually friendly...too friendly actually...I was worried that he'll go along with anybody. He even loves the security personnel, the janitors, clerks...the boy doesn't mind being passed around the whole damn NCIS.
He places his head on my shoulder, facing me...with both arms circling my neck, pouting! His mother is on his side, stroking his head.

My ex wife keeps talking to me but I am not paying a slightest bit of attention to her...I am looking at her hands, stroking the boy's cheeks and hands. I can feel Robert holding onto my neck tighter...he is very quiet and I look at his face...not so happy! He frowns...just like me, and scowls for quite some time.
"OH...what happen to his clothes, Jethro??? It's filthy..." my ex exclaims and looks specifically at Kate. She doesn't answer the woman, but I know Kate, she must be so embarrassed because she realizes that it is filthy.
"He enjoys his food...like me" I replies gruffly; I can see Ducky and Abby are about to pound the ex number three. My crazy ex 3 is rubbing Robert's bulging tummy, noticing his colorful dirty art, which shows his activity for the whole day.
--------------------------------------------------------

OUT OF THE BLUE...Robert shouts!!!

"NO!!!" he shouts very loudly for his small size, he raises his head from my shoulder, looks and scowls at her. "DAMN...NO!!!!" he kicks wildly in my arms towards the lady who is bothering him and "WITCH..." he screams and starts to cry…"DAMN…"
Ex number 3 is shocked with his outburst…Special Agent Dinozzo is impressed. He can see his boss very clearly in Robert, his eyes and face show its fury. A quiet moment, followed by a sudden outburst. "WOW...genetics is real, Ducky" Tony said to the very pleased ME…"Of course..." the ME replies proudly, looking very happy with the boy's outburst towards the "witch"
------------------------------------------

Robert is crying in my arms, struggling to kick my crazy ex...Kate quickly tries to take him away from my arms...but...she is too late!
With a wretched sound...my boy pukes all over my ex! All the colors of the food his sitters had been feeding him throughout the day come out of his tummy onto my ex's very white dress.
Abby is giggling hysterically; James and Tony are laughing so hard, tears run from their eyes; Ducky smiles from his heart. While McGee just gapes at the scene in shock; Kate covers her mouth with her hand in horror, pity and slight satisfaction.

I am worried for Robert, but I look at the boy and he looks fine; he actually looks much better after he puked his various foods on the "DAMN WITCH"...and I look at my son's artwork...on the white canvas...I mean white dress.
The stench and the mess are horrible; all colors of the rainbow plus mud and "DAMN WITCH/ex number three" storms out of the bullpen, fuming mad, screaming...
----------------------------------

I laugh at the unfortunate incident and let my wife picks the boy up; she takes him to the head to be bathed and changed. I am still in the bullpen, with Ducky talking to me excitedly. Then Abby comes back to the bullpen, short of breath, face flushed, she is excited, she is waving something in her hand. "I got it...I got...it...", "You got what, Abby?" I ask the crazed lady. "I got the video guys, from the security camera...the whole "puking incident" she said gaily...GREAT...everybody wants a copy of it.
Fifteen minutes later...
Robert runs out of the head in his diaper only! He manages to wiggle out of his mother's arms as she was trying to dress him. He is all happy, feeling much better after unloading his mixtures of food; he sees me. "DADIIIII>>>" he screams at the top of his lungs, his blue eyes full of mischief and joy as he waddles to me.
I raise him into my arms and said to him "Robert...you bested the damn witch".
--------------------------------

Epilogue

My wife doesn't think it is a good idea to eat out as we planned because she is still worried about Robert. So instead of dining out, we invite the guys to our home for a "take out dinner". Every take out imaginable is ordered; there are Italian food, BBQ ribs, Chinese take out and lots of junk food.

Poor Bobby looks at the food on his table longingly; unlike me...he likes to try out different types of food and colors I suppose. Sadly he says, looking at me, Ducky and Kate "yummy", trying his luck on us, but of course, his mother said NO and the guys refused to look at his sad begging eyes...

t the end, after he finishes his horrible looking baby food and vegetable puree, he sits in my lap drinking his apple juice, miserably. Robert throws a fit when his mom tried to put him to bed...yeah right...his home is full of people, there is now way he is going to sleep...what a waste of time.
But at the end of the night, the hard headed sleepy boy is asleep in Kate's arms, snuggling to her breasts. She is sitting on the couch in the living room among friends who are still talking about the day Robert beat the "damn witch"...

-End-nova2007
(review pleaseeee)
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks to my BETA(MV) and the reviews....Hope you like the story and Robert's antics