- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Trouble & Problem...Marital Bliss...Imagine...Cursed & Blessed...Drool...ALL I HAVE...Immortality (end)
Author's Chapter Notes:
KIBBS KIBBS KIBBS...Lifes goes on...So, there are Jethro, Kate and Robert...and another one? Is it possible?
Title : All I have
Fiction : KIBBS
Genre : Established relationship, tragedy
Warning : Slight mention of 9/11
Rating : Teen / PG 13
Disclaimer : NCIS...definitely not mine!

Kibbs series: Trouble & Problem ~ Marital Bliss ~ Imagine ~ Cursed &Blessed ~Drool~ All I have ~ Immortality (end)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Special thanks to my BETA (MV)…
Thanks for the review…Dani, Dolphinsiren, kibbslover, mathhhh, shanahan, alli-cameron, HockeyRocks, Manue82, hellraiser, I heart TV ‘tv luvin hottie, mcabello, louise1717, cleo nightingale, snake666, maelace, orangeangel, melissa09, Cutest ever, Bart simpson roc, Pandy Roxy chick, Alex eames rox, artemis3107(Julia), Jemasableu27, Ditte3, Navy babe, The real Mrs Harmon, boheman buddy…and many more.
-----------------------------------------------
Chapter 1 Draconian

Grim

Director Gibbs is in the foulest mood ever; Fornell just left his office. They were locked in a heated argument about the Mossad bastard Haswari, which made passers-by cringe at the shouts from the NCIS latest director's office, next to MTAC.
--------------------------------------------------

Gibbs acknowledges that it is the FBI's failure to control the double agent, the bloody fucking terrorist, it is not Fornell's fault; he is just a God damned messenger, an operator, working under his superior, but still...Gibbs can't help it but to blame the man who married his ex wife and has already divorced her of course. They shout for about half an hour and then…
"We can not turn on each other Gibbs! We can't do that, that's what the bastard wants!" Fornell is losing his edge. "You tie my hands yet you expect me to swim Fornell" Gibbs hisses at him, "Your hands are tied in public Gibbs. NCIS hands are not tied in reality Gibbs! So stop being a fucking bastard and we'll figure out a way to clean up the mess!
Al Qaeda will not have one of its main cell operators dead! We'll figure out a way Gibbs, we have no choice…we do not want another 9/11…" Fornell is tired from all the shouting; he is sitting in front of Gibbs's desk. "No shit Fornell, it's my staff, my men, their livelihood we are talking about. It's my family's life we are talking about, I might be a fucking bastard, but I am not heartless and I am not willing to jeopardize their safety"
Gibbs is slumped on his chair, exhausted, drained.
"How do we let it happen? This way? On our ground, our fucking payroll. 9/11 taught us NOTHING!...nothing at all...how is this possible? How...how could FBI set him free? Roaming...after what he did to Kate?" Gibbs is lost...lost for words, lost in terror. They are both lost for words, but somehow, an hour later Fornell exits the office with new surge of hope.

Gibbs and Fornell grew closer after Gibbs saved Fornell's ass and the Mossad incident; they are both bastards and somehow they manage to get along fairly well. The FBI Director hates the NCIS's new Director, therefore he appointed Fornell to liaise between the two agencies. Gibbs couldn't care less what the freaking FBI Director thinks about him, he was glad that Fornell shows his face instead of what the hell is his name.
----------------------------------------

Jethro Gibbs is still struggling, the best he knows how, to lead NCIS, as the new Director, replacing Morrow. He struggles to be less vicious with his words, he struggles to curbs his sarcasm, he hates meeting, now he deals with them, and he misses his old job. In one word, Jethro Gibbs is struggling.
His Katie has been his rock, all this time, supporting him. It was her idea for him to take courses over the freaking internet. Before he said NO! She told him that she'll help him with EVERYTHING! All he has to do is read and study and she'll do the rest: applying, typing, emailing and so on, and he said yes.
Without her help, he is lost, without her continuous support and encouragement, believing in him, he would probably have stepped down within a month. Gibbs often wonders whether or not Morrow waited, waited for him to marry Kate, then appointed him to the position because Morrow knew that Kate will push him to succeed, that he is not alone, he has Kate by his side.

In the midst of adjusting to the new position, new responsibilities, missing his old duties; the Mossad case is thrown unto his lap…Gibbs bets that everybody remembers the day he shouted for his secretary to connect him to the FBI Director while calling Fornell by his mobile. After months of "forced negotiations" between NCIS and FBI, he calms down, but he'll never rest until Haswari is six feet under.
Fear is killing Gibbs slowly: fear for his Robert and Kate's safety. He never knew such fear, unless he counts the time Haswari snatched Kate while she was expecting Robert...NO...NOT AGAIN!...not on his watch! This time, Jethro Gibbs decides to share the bleak information with his wife and his woman told him that she believes in him and that he'll kick Haswari's ass.
Just last week during the monthly meeting with his senior agents, he told them about the Mossad case; he wanted them to be aware of the hidden danger.

Fornell left about an hour ago. Then Gibbs remembers that he has a lunch date with Ducky and his wife...and his tot of course, he hardly spends any time with the people that he loves the most.
-----------------------------------------

Where are you?

And where is Kate? She was supposed to have been here half an hour ago. Kate dropped Robert off with Abby about two hours ago, he knows about it because that's when Fornell arrived and he heard Roberts's chatter from his bullpen and he couldn't help it but peeked at them. Then Kate told him that she'll be back within an hour for their lunch date, swiftly kissed him and left in a hurry before he managed to ask her anything.
Gibbs has been calling his wife for several times but she is not answering her mobile. Apparently his sassy wife turned off her mobile, why on earth would she turn off her mobile in times like this? She knows how much he hates it if he can't be in touch with her. "Katie...where the hell are you..." he whispers in dread, and tries to call her again.
-------------------------------------------

Caitlyn Todd is biting her lower lips in trepidation. She is nervous...waiting...in the blasted cold waiting room! Her mobile is switched off. She glances at the time; it's past noon. She was supposed to have met Jethro by noon and she knows that he would freak out if she is late and he can't reach her...oh hell!
She doesn't care, she turned off her mobile a while ago, wanting some peace; so many things are running through her already crowded mind.

"Mrs. Gibbs" she finds her new title funny. She hastily stands up and walks into the examination room. "Good afternoon Caitlyn, nice to see you again" the old MD flashes his kind smile at her, "How's Ducky and Robert? And how's your beloved husband doing?" Her MD is talkative too. Dr. Strebel loves to chat, he could talk for hours.
"Good, they are all well, Robert is growing like a weed, getting harder to handle..." Kate and her OB-GYN laugh together quietly.
"So?" Kate asks anxiously. The OB-GYN smiles at her "its positive Caitlyn, you are pregnant "Kate smiles, exhaling loudly: the suspense is over. "Give me a few minutes and we'll do an ultrasound, OK, Caitlyn?" doctor Strebel says as he exits the room to attend another urgent patient.

Kate looks at her watch and gasps: she is definitely late! She switches on her mobile: Damn! 10 messages from him! She calls him. Robert must be hungry
She calls to cancel their lunch date and she wonders how her overly protective husband would react to her turning off her mobile for more than an hour. Honey" she starts talking to him as usual. He cuts her off: "Kate...where are you? You OK?" he is so relieved to hear her voice. Gibbs is still in his office, signing papers.

His secretary shakes her head, looking at her new boss who is the complete opposite of Morrow…Nevertheless, a good man but working with him hasn't been a piece of cake: his communication skills and temperament...They're – how shall she put it? – Bad!
Mrs. Adams imagines it's not easy living with this man and she knows Caitlyn Todd fairly well, a pleasant, kind and pretty young lady and now married to this gruff man in front of her.
Her new boss, the new NCIS director is a no nonsense kind of man, hates paperwork, doesn't believe in cooperation and negotiation, especially with other agency. She pities Special Agent Dinozzo, a rather cute looking agent who got head slaps every now and then, but Mrs. Adams can see Dinozzo and other agents' loyalty to him are unquestionable.

And now he is barraging his wife with questions, on the phone. He looks worried rather than angry or annoyed, and as a 60 year old woman who has seen all types of men; she has seen his love for his wife.
"I'm OK, don't worry, I'll be late...sorry, I have to cancel...it takes..." Kate tries answering his questions. "Kate where are you? Do you want me to pick you up?" he cuts her off again.
"No, no, no Jethro I'll drive, I am just going to be a bit late, you go ahead with Ducky and Robert, and I'll see you guys later, OK? Bye, love you" and Caitlyn Todd hangs up on Gibbs before he manages to cut her off again.
--------------------------------------------

Gibbs notices that Ducky arrived with Robert while he was on the phone, his ME is holding Robert's hand "Dadiiii" Roberts greets his dad as he enters the office, that's one of the reasons Gibbs is distracted and couldn't ask Kate more questions and then she hung up on him.
"Madam..." Robert calls Mrs. Adams "madam", "Oh you sweet little thing..." Mrs. Adams takes his tiny hand from Ducky; she kisses him all over; the boy is simply...adorable, his rosy cheeks, his bulging tummy...his soft blue eyes...who could refuse those eyes? How could Director Gibbs have such a cute charming little boy? she wonders; he looks like his mother though. "Kate is not joining us Ducky" Gibbs tells his ME; Mrs. Adams lets the boy slip to the floor and the tot dashes to his dad.
Gibbs hoists him to his lap. The second Robert sits on his lap, his chubby fingers tries to pulls his dad's gun from the holster. "Gun...daddy...gun...Bobby want..." he struggles with the thing. "No Bobby..." his dad says to him, messing his combed hair. "Your guns are at home..."

"Where's Caitlyn, Jethro?" Ducky innocently asks. He regrets his question a few minutes later. "I have no idea, Ducky..." Gibbs answers. Ducky thought he looks pissed.
If not for the two year old on his lap, teasing his dad, somehow appeasing him, Jethro Gibbs would look like the devil himself.
--------------------------------------------------

The news

Something is off, Gibbs is thinking. As he continuously blocks his son's hands from his gun, he makes the call. "McGee...track Kate..." he calls for McGee, who by now knows better than to asks question when his boss sounds agitated like he is right now!
"Yes boss" He quickly answers and tracks his ex team mate. While Gibbs waits, he looks at his boy, concentrating hard to unclasp his gun holder. No Bobby..." he speaks to him softly; the boy's inquisitive fingers try to unhook the clasps from the holster
Robert looks at his sweet old dad and cocks his head. "Yes, daddy...GUN...Bang...bang..." insisting to him. "It's not a toy Robert..."
"Boss..." McGee calls out to him "McGee..." he is anxious, waiting for the result.
"Kate is at Bethesda...Boss..."
"What?"
"Yeah Boss, I am sure..." and Gibbs hangs up on him, he was not questioning McGee's finding, he was shocked. Hospital? What on earth is she doing at the hospital? What's wrong with her? She has been rather quiet and withdrawn for the last two weeks, not that he spent much time with her...but he never thought...
-------------------------------------------------

Gibbs quickly passes his boy to Ducky and Mrs. Adam, and he dashes out to his car and screeches out of the parking lot to Bethesda.
He is lost in his "day mares" that Kate is sick, that she is not telling him about it. She did look pale; horrible thoughts come across his mind as he drives towards the hospital, he hopes McGee is wrong. What if Kate is terminally ill? He wants to quit his job so that he can be with her...and..."Stop it!" he says to himself, "get over yourself!" Kate would never do that to him, she is so young, almost fifteen years younger than him.
She couldn't be sick... but why is she hiding the truth from him? "Oh God, please" he prays in silence, he begs desperately "don't rip us apart when things are going so well in our life, please have mercy on us"

He arrives at the Bethesda parking lot. Within minutes he strides towards the hospital's main entrance. He tries his luck. He calls Kate again. She answers him knowingly.
"Yes, Jethro, I won't be much longer, I'll be a little bit late and I'll..." she is used to him by now. "Kate! I am at Bethesda! Where are you?"
"What?!?" Kate couldn't believe her ears...how could he? Damn! He tracked her.
"Katie, I am here, where are you? What's wrong with you?" he sounds nervous and...loud!
"Oh dear God...Jethro..." Kate covers her face with her hand, her husband is insane! She sees Strebel laughing at her.
"Just tell me where you are! Don't you trust your own husband? After all we've been through" She cuts him off…"I am fine…I am just…" and he cuts her off.
"Katie, I am the father of your child? What aren't you telling me? I can handle it Katie, we'll face it together, whatever it is..." he sounds like Ducky with an edge!
"Jethro!!!" Kate has had enough. "Yeah, Kate?! Where..." he wants to know where the HELL she is! "I am pregnant; you are going to be the father of MY CHILDREN!"...silence...Gibbs looks like an idiot in the middle of busy hospital lobby. He can't believe the news, he thought she is sick. "I am at the maternity wing" and she hangs up on him, rather annoyed! She already concocted an elaborate scheme to tell him the news.
DAMN! He ruins everything.
-------------------------------------

The old MD tries to hides his amusement, looking down at his patient already lying down on the slab, "the father?" "YEP!" she is pissed, and Strebel remembers how crazy Special Agent Gibbs can be. It takes Gibbs less than three minutes to reach his wife. They hear a knock on the door "Enter" Strebel says and Kate sees Gibbs's head peaking past the door. He nods and greets the aging MD and then "Katie, I am so happy" as he walks towards her, she is in a hospital gown on the exam table, he kisses her head repeatedly
"I am sorry I snapped...I didn't know...sorry Katie" Kate thinks he looks really guilty, the man hardly ever apologizes and she is in a good mood, so she decides to let it go. She nods grumpily at him..."OK then...ready?...ready to see your future baby?" and they both nod. Half an hour later they are out of Bethesda. Gibbs keeps in kissing his wife: her nose, her lips. He is embracing her, holding her close; the man is damn happy and excited with the new addition to their small family, he takes Kate to her car and they drive back to the HQ, together.
-----------------------------------------------
"ONE...TWO...THREE...FOUR...FIVE...SIX...SEVEN...EIGHT...TEN...DUCKIII" Roberts bellows his counting skills, showing off AND he goes on "uno…dos…tres...cuatro…cinco" and he stops: that's all he knows how to count in Spanish, his mommy taught him. He goes on..."ein...zwei…drei...vier...funf..." Roberts stops. That's all he knows in German, once again from his mommy.
"Sehr gut Robert, bueno, good boy, Robert..." Ducky is all over him, Robert is counting some of his autopsy tools on side counter as he sits on the cold slab. The ME kisses his cheeks and flicks his nose. "Although you missed 'nine' my boy" Robert cocks his head and remembers "eight NINE ten" he claps his hands as he finishes his counting. "OK Robert, now I count, you learn OK?" Ducky shows all his ten fingers, and then takes off his shoes and socks, showing all twenty digits.

And he counts from one to twenty as he wiggles his toes to the boy sitting on the slab. But instead of repeating after Ducky, Robert claps his hands excitedly at Ducky for counting.
Ducky is now laughing so hard the tears run down his cheeks. "Robert, you've been such a good boy!" and the boy nods excitedly. "You are so smart, so, you deserve...this!" and he whips out a small pack of Gummy Bears. "Gummy yummy Ducky..." he greets the Gummy Bears. "OPEN" he shouts excitedly and fidgets as he waits for Ducky to feed him.

Then Ducky pops a green Gummy Bear into his mouth; "Thank you" he manages to say in between the chewing. "You are welcome Robert" Ducky says. Then Robert's small hand snatches the pack from Ducky's hand, and before Ducky can stop him, Robert takes out a piece of red Gummy Bear and slips it into Ducky's mouth.
"Ducky eat...yummy!" he exclaims. Ducky beams at his "grandson" fondly.
NCIS's ME is amazed at his growth, grateful for his presence and proud of his intelligent. "Who is Robert Jethro Gibbs?" he asks. "Me" as Robert points to himself.
"Who's your grandfather?" "Du..ki" he answers with his full mouth and points at the ME.
"Ahh...my boy, you warm my heart" Ducky says to him lovingly, stroking his hair.
------------------------------------

The automatic doors slide open.
"Bobby..." Kate calls for her big baby. She walks into the Autopsy with Gibbs by her side. "MOMMY...DADDY..." he greets his parents after he quickly swallows his Gummy Bear as Ducky lowers him to the floor...and pitter...pat...he walks towards two of his other favorite people in the world.
Kate hoists the excited running boy up as he reaches her. She kisses him all over and discovers his face is sticky. "Bobby, did you eat Gummy Bears?" she looks at the boy sternly, pretending to be angry at him. "No mommy...no!...no yummy..." he lies to get out of trouble. His dad almost laughs then he realizes. Gibbs picks him up from Kate's arms. Kate is still kissing the boy's tummy.
"Kate, I don't think you should pick him up anymore, let me." The boy weighs about 28 pounds now. Kate pouts at him, but lets him take Robert from her.

"Aren't you going to tell Ducky?" Gibbs asks her…"Tell me what Caitlyn?" Ducky hears his name mentioned. "Are you sure you really want to know?" Kate teases him.
"What is it Caitlyn don't keep me in suspense...you know there is..." he is about to starts telling his stories to her."Ducky, we are having another baby" Kate says to the surprised ME who is looking at her with his mouth gaped open, his eyes are shining with happiness.
He says nothing, he just hugs Caitlyn and kisses her temple. "Bless you my child."
Gibbs sees that his old ME is in tears. "Congratulation Jethro." Ducky quickly hugs Gibbs with Bobby in the middle and Robert laughs: being hugged by two people at the same time is fun!
"Thanks Ducky" he says to him and notices that the ME is shoe less and sock less.
------------------------------------------

"HEY!...what's going on?' Abby finds her friends and boss hugging and kissing each other in the middle of Autopsy room.
Minutes later:
Dinozzo and McGee hear Abby's high pitched scream – all the way from Autopsy. DAMN!!! They look at each other in question, then fear and rush down to the source of the terrifying scream.
Other agents thought Gibbs must have killed somebody, the inevitable has happened!
At the end of the day Ducky said it calls for a celebration. The man is giddy with happiness, he is going to have another grandchild, he is such in a good mood, he doesn't snap at Jimmy, his apprentice.
And for a moment, just for one moment, Gibbs forgot about Haswari, wrapped in his dream, his family, his life!
--------------------------------------------------------------
-Tbc-nova2007
Chapter End Notes:
Trouble & Problem...Marital Bliss...Imagine...Cursed & Blessed...Drool...ALL I HAVE...Immortality (end)