- Text Size +
Story Notes:
this is a sequel to the secret daughter and she's back. you have to read those to understand this. i know sometimes the feedback thing doesn't work, so if i dont reply to it. send and email to. charmipaje@hotmail.co.uk
Author's Chapter Notes:
a sequel to the secret daughter and she's back
This is a sequel to the secret daughter and she's back. you have to read those first

Chapter 1

"We got a dead sailor at Quantico" Tony said, entering the bullpen. "Grab the gear, DiNozzo, gas the truck" he said, tossing the keys to Kate.
"What, so I'm just DiNozzo now?" Kate asked.
"You kinda became one when you married me" he said, stepping into the elevator with her and the two Probies.
"True"
"Probie call Ducky"
"Why do you still call me probie? It's been 5 years since I joined NCIS. Even special agent Sciuto called me it" the mention of her name made both Kate and Tony shiver, it had been 4 years today since Mac was killed in the bank hold up. A whole group of them were going to visit her grave today. It was going to be a hard day for all of them.

Chris sat at his desk and nearly cried. He missed Mac so much. The photo on his hand was of them 7 years ago in Scotland. The view was over Balburnie park and they were laughing and smiling. 4 years ago his beautiful wife was murdered when she saved 20 people's lives in that bank heist, just a couple of weeks after their son Matthew was born. Chris had to raise Matt himself, along with the help of his friends. Tony and Kate sometimes looked after him, as did Abby and Tim. "Chris?" Kevin said, sticking his head round the door.
"What is it Kev?" he said quietly.
"Um…I know today will be hard, but you have a patient."
"I'll be there in a minute Kev" he said, putting the picture down and heading for exam room one.

"What seems to be the problem?" he said cheerily to the young girl.
"I really don't feel well. I have been throwing up for days now"
"Ok, I'll see what I can do. What is your name?"
"Sarah" she said. ‘Oh shit' he thought. ‘Today of all days to have a patient named Sarah'

"Kate, shoot. Probie, sketches. Other probie, bag and tag. What you got Duck?" he said, kneeling down beside the body.
"Well, the poor girl died a painful death."
"Aren't most?"
"True. Well, her throat was slit from behind. The incision isn't very deep, so it took sometime for her to die."
"TOD?"
"Liver temp says around 12 hours ago. Which puts it at 10pm last night."
"Anything else?"
"Well, she shows signs of sexual activity."
"Rape?"
"Probably. There is also a blood smear on her leg. It looks like transfer."
"Abby will test it. The amount of blood here is inconclusive with her injuries"
"Yes, this is not the primary crime scene"

"Hey Tony" Abby said, not her cheery self, but cheery none the less. "What you got for me?"
"Evidence"
"You don't say"
"Funny. Could you run the DNA off of the blood smear first. It is either the killers or someone he came into contact with or…"
"Yeah, I get the picture,"
"And Kate found the murder weapon 10 feet from the body. Could you run that too?"
"Of course."
"And all the other things as well"
"Yeah Tony, I know how to do my job"
"What time are we going to the cemetery?"
"Around 7,"
"You ok?"
"Yeah, I will be. I just miss her."
"Me too" he said giving her a hug.
"I need those results asap"
"Wow, even more like Gibbs was by the day" she said as he left the lab. She turned round and turned on her plastic death CD.

"Our victim is a Petty Officer Katy Hunter, she is supposed to be deployed on the Seahawk."
"Kate, the Seahawk is 10 days out, what the hell is she doing at Quantico?"
"That's what we have to find out"

An hour later Abby called up the squad room. "DiNozzo" Tony answered. "Right Abs." he said, hanging up. "Abby's got something for us. Come on" he said and they all followed him into the elevator.
"What you got Abs?" Tony said, walking up behind her.
"I got a print from the knife, I ran it through AFIS and got a hit. I also…"
"Wait, who does it belong to?"
"Let me finish Tony. I ran the DNA from the blood through CODIS, same guy."
"Who?"
"A guy named Kenneth Thomson. He is being held in by Seattle PD."
"Ah, that's good work Abby. Kate, get us a priority ride to Seattle"
"You got it"
Chapter End Notes:
this is a sequel to the secret daughter and she's back. you have to read those to understand this