- Text Size +
Chapter 10

“What I wanna know, is why South Park characters?” Tony asked when they were all back in the bullpen. “And why those locations?”
“I dunno. Maybe his son watched it and told him to fuck off” Mac suggested.
“He had a son?”
“And a wife”
“Oh shit”
“Yeah but Tony think, so did the marines he killed”
“True.” He said and the both turned back to their computers.
“SCIUTO!” a roar came from behind Mac. She screwed up her face, knowing what was coming next.
“Director”
“I told you to go home Mac”
“I know”
“So go home. Now, or you’ll be suspended”
“Fine”
“You better”
“I said I would”
“You said that the last time as well”
“I suppose”
“Go. Now” he said, turning and going back up the stairs to his office.
“I see why you were always surprised at Gibbs coming down the stairs when this was your desk”
“Yup. Go home”
“I am” she said, grabbing her gun and coat and entering the elevator.

Mac opened her door and entered the room. She tossed her keys onto the sideboard and shook her coat off, putting it into the cupboard. She checked there were no new messages on the answering machine, which there wasn’t, then flopped down on the couch, turning on the TV. “We have breaking news on one of this country’s best sport stars” the newscaster began. “Henry Bruce, defenseman for the Olympic field hockey team was killed in a stand off with federal authorities this morning”
“Now this is one good time for them to call us federal authorities” Mac said to herself, getting up for a drink. She opened the fridge door and found there was nothing there that really looked appetising, she so sighed and shut the door again, and undoing all she had just done, she grabbed her coat and headed out the door.

Mac parked her car in the lot and entered the store. She turned up the drinks isle and pondered what to have. “What the hell are you doing out!” a deep voice sounded from behind her.
“Why do you hate me God?” Mac said quietly before turning round to face her boss. “Ah director nice to see you”
“Mac, I sent you home, why don’t you just stay there?”
“I was, but there was nothing to drink. And you should drink plenty of fluids when you are ill.”
“You admitting you’re ill now?”
“Ah, I feel a little dodgy but still capable of working”
“To bad you aren’t going to be”
“But…” she began
“No buts. Now”
“Fine” she said, giving in. he marched her to the front of the store, she grabbed up a bottle of apple juice and another of coke, she paid then waited for McGee to leave.
“Coke?”
“Flat coke helps when you are ill”
“Where’d you hear that from?”
“My gran. Always worked when I was a kid” she said, getting into her car.
“And apple juice is really acidic”
“I know, but it’s yummy” she said, flashing him her famous smile. “Bye McGee” she said, pulling out of the parking lot, but McGee followed. His cell phone rang and he reluctantly answered.
“McGee”
“Why the fuck are you following me!!”
“I’m making sure you actually go home”
“McGee, I promise”
“I’m still making sure”
“Fine then!” she yelled, hanging up on him.

Gerald entered the building to find the doorman asleep at his desk. He gave a laugh, shaking his head and entering the elevator. He pressed the button for the ninth floor and waited as the doors slid shut in front of him. He stepped off at the ninth floor and rounded the corner to the white door. He knocked then waited. No one answered so he picked the lock, a little trick he had learned from the owner of the apartment. He shut the door behind him and looked for a place to lay down the flowers. No placed seemed suitable so he looked in another room. He felt weird going into her bedroom but he found a place for them. He adjusted the card so that she would be able to see it. He had written it himself:
Dear Mac,
Get well soon
Love Gerald
He turned to leave and rush back before Ducky got mad.