- Text Size +
Chapter 11

The black figure slowly snuck in through the door and closed it quietly. He warily walked through the foyer, preparing to take out the doorman without raising anyone’s suspicions. Lucky for him, the place was deserted. He levelled his silenced gun and jumped round the corner, tonight was his night, the doorman was fast asleep. He slowly walked, as not to wake him up, and stepped onto the elevator, pressing the button and watching the doors slide shut in front of him. He stepped off a couple of floors up and drew his gun again. He held it high in front of him and rounded the corner. He saw the locked white door and pulled out his lock picking kit. He quickly got he door open and once again raised his weapon. The apartment looked empty to him… ‘Wait’ he thought. The bedroom door was ajar. He swiftly glided over to it and pushed it open without making a noise. He was surprised to find not the woman he was looking for, but a bigger African-American man, he could still make his plan work. The man was placing flowers on the nightstand and adjusting something. He aimed him gun and fired. He man fell quickly to the floor, bullet lodged in his neck. The mystery man walked over to Gerald and placed two fingers in the pool of blood. After he was finished her exited the way he came in before any one saw him, but that failed. A man came out from another room and yelled. The attacker shot two rounds through his forehead and he fell dead to the floor. This time he was able to exit freely.

“McGee! Leave me alone!” Mac yelled as McGee followed her over the lobby of her apartment building.
“I want to see if you are ok”
“I’m fine. Now go home or I’ll get Abby on you”
“I’m not scared of Abby”
“Really”
“Well kinda, but that’s not the point” he protested as they both got in the elevator, a man dressed in black, a hat covering most of his face, looked at Mac for a minute before exiting the elevator and brushing past them.
“Hm, weird”
“What?”
“Nothing, I thought I recognised him, but probably not”
“Hey, you’re not dizzy anymore”
“I told you I wasn’t sick. But did you believe me? Nope”
“Ok, rest tonight, and you can come back to work tomorrow”
“Wow, you stalking me actually worked out. Did not see that coming”
“Hey, I wasn’t stalking you, it was just concern” he said as he followed her off the elevator and round the corner. She opened the door and spun round to stop him following her in.
“I’ll see you tomorrow then”
“No, I’m gonna see you go to bed”
“Your kinda creeping me out now McGee, its turning into an obsession”
“Knowing you you’ll go out again”
“I won’t. Chris should be home anyway, and he’s a doctor so he won’t let me do anything and he’ll leave me alone. He said he’d be fixing something so he’ll be in another room. Let’s hope he’s started by now. And Matt is staying at Tony’s tonight, he fell asleep there after school.”
“Ok, but I need to use the head” he said and she let out a sigh.
“Fine. Come in” she said reluctantly. A second after he shut the door, Mac held up a hand and pressed a finger to his lips to shut him up. “You hear that?”
“What?” he said and she silenced him again.
“That was a moan” she said and turned round and spotted the bedroom door was half open. She drew her sig and slowly pushed the door opened. She was shocked at what she found. Scrawled over her bedroom wall was a message written in blood, it read:
I’M BACK SARAH
She looked around for the source of the blood and her eyes were drawn to the corner. “GERALD” she screamed, running over to him. “He’s still alive” she said to McGee who had arrived in the doorway. “McGee, call an ambulance now!” she yelled at him, but he was one step ahead of her he was already talking. “Gerald, hold on, ambulance is coming” she said to him, although not sure if he could hear her. She looked back at the message on the wall written in her friend’s blood. McGee was going to head down to the foyer to get the paramedics when they arrived when the saw the other body sprawled over the floor.
“Oh shit” he said, running over to the dark haired man.