- Text Size +
Chapter 14

Mac sat by Gerald’s bed and held his hand. She was alone but started to talk. “Gerald, I am so sorry. All this is my fault and you were nearly killed for it. I’m sorry. Abby called your family and they’re heading down from Maine. I will get the bastard, I promise Gerald” she said as Tony and everyone else entered. He ran straight to her and gave her a massive hug.
“I’m so glad you’re ok” he said in her ear
“Thanks Tony” she said as he let go of her.
“That’s a nice pic of us on the night stand by the way” she didn’t answer. “Mac?” he said, but she was away in her own thoughts. “What’s wrong?”
“If you saw the pic…”
“It was pretty had to miss”
“Exactly. If you saw it then he saw it. And now he knows who to come through to get me!”
“Oh crap. Who will he go for first?”
“Um, probably…”
“What”
“Matt!” she said running out the room, Tony on her six.

Mac raced round the city in Tony’s mustang. “You crash you buy me a new one!”
“Deal” she said. Gliding round the corner to the DiNozzo household and slamming on the brakes. The both jumped out and drew their sigs. They ran straight through the door, weapons level and ready to shoot. They heard a child crying and another voice. They both ran into the living room where it was coming from. Kate was trying to comfort a crying Matt.
“Oh my god what happened?” Tony said, rushing to them.
“I’m assuming the bastard who shot Gerald tried to kill Matt!” Kate explained as Mac hugged Matt.
“And?”
“I shot him”
“Good” Mac said, turning, but still holding Matt. “Seriously?”
“He’ll live, round to the right shoulder”
“Was he all in black?”
“Yeah”
“Right” she said, pulling out her phone. “McGee, give all hospitals a head up to look out for a male, black clothing around 6’4”. Single gunshot wound to the right shoulder. Thanks…yeah put Chris on. Hi honey…yeah he’s fine, a little shook up but… yeah he tried, Kate shot him. Watch out, you’re probably next…I know, but I care. Ok, I’ll see you later” she said, shutting the phone.
“How did you know the clothing and height?”
“Me and McGee saw him leaving my building”
“And you didn’t stop him?”
“Well, I didn’t know it was him at the time Jackass. He came out the elevator as we went in. he crept me out, but I thought nothing of it. Obviously I was wrong.” She said, calming Matt again. “Can you guys get everyone to NCIS for safety?”
“Sure. What about you?”
“No. I need to stay and sort all of this out”
“I can help with that”
“I know, but I can’t have anyone else put in danger”
“Hate to tell you Mac but the team is working the case”
“I know, and I know I cant prevent that, but enough people have been hurt by this psycho.”
“Mac, let me help”
“Fine, but you do it from behind your desk”
“No way in hell”
“You’re not gonna win this argument”
“Neither are you”
“Fine then!” she yelled, storming out the door, but coming back and sticking her head round. “Thanks again Kate. And please, just get everyone to NCIS”
“I will” she said as Mac ran off, Tony following her again.

“Mac, slow down!” Tony yelled after her as she arrived at the car.
“Tony, leave me alone”
“No” he said, slamming the car door the she had just opened shut. “My god! I know you don’t want anyone to get hurt, but you can’t bottle it up like this”
“Since when!”
“Mac. Let me in, I can help”
“I don’t doubt that, but I don’t want you getting hurt. You have Kate and the twins to look after”
“And you have Chris and Matt!”
“I know. And I have had situations like this before. You know, you were there! But Gerald could and probably will die!”
“I know, but if you keep acting like this, someone else will get hurt”
“If I do it myself less people are involved and less chance off them getting hurt”
“For Fucks sake! I know you are scared and I know it is difficult for you to admit that, trust me, I know you. But I want to help you” he said, finishing the argument, and pulling her into another hug, which she returned.
“I’m sorry” she whispered
“For what?” he asked confused, but he soon found out. Mac kneed him in the abdomen and hit his once broken clavicle. He let out a muffled scream and fell to the pavement. Mac got in the car and drove off. “Bitch” he said, not meaning it, before getting Kate’s car and following her.
Chapter End Notes:
i seem to have said 'know' a lot in this chapter lol