- Text Size +
Chapter 15

Mac stopped the car after another five minutes. Tony pulled in beside her and got out, ready for round two. She got out of Tony’s car, also prepared, but Tony got there first. He grabbed her dodgy shoulder, making her give out a moan. “Sorry, but this is a last resort” he said sadly. She was fast as well though; she knocked his hand off her shoulder and hit him again. He came at her again, but tripped and fell on her, knocking them both to the ground. They both lay there and laughed. “Those 3 pictures on the nightstand really were cute, I didn’t take you for the…”
“Whadda you mean three?”
“There were 3 pictures”
“No there were four”
“What!”
“What one was missing?”
“How the hell should I know, that’s the one I didn’t see!”
“Well what ones were there then?” she said angrily
“Full team. You, Matt and Chris and the one of us. What one is missing?”
“The one of me and my dad” she said, shoving him off of her and jumping back into the car.
“Shit!” he yelled, jumping back into Kate’s and following Mac to the Mallard residence. Mac’s phone rang and she answered quickly.
“Oh this better be relevant McGee!” she yelled down the microphone.
“Mac, it is. Hospital said a man fitting the exact description got treated for a GSW to the right shoulder”
“They have him in custody?”
“No, he left before the BOLO was put out”
“Yeah, ok thanks McGee” she said, flipping the phone shut and throwing it onto the passenger seat. She slammed her foot on the accelerator and sped into her dad’s drive, practically jumping out the car while it was still moving, Tony on her six. She kicked open the door and the both ran. Mrs Mallard came out of the side room.
“Who are you!”
“It’s me Gran”
“Who?”
“You’ll think you’ll get used to it but you never do” she told Tony. “Where’s Donald?” she asked her grandmother.
“In the back. Who are you again?” she said, confused. Tony and Mac ignored her this time and ran to the back room, guns raised. “Oh my lord!” she exclaimed. They were prepared for what they found, but he hadn’t spotted them yet. The man they were after had a gun on Ducky and was ranting.
“You’re daughter will regret the day she ever messed with my family. She ruined mine so I’m gonna ruin yours” Mac whistled to draw his attention to her and Tony.
“NCIS drop your weapon” she told him, but he didn’t. Instead he cocked it and gave Mac an evil grin through his mask.
“Say goodbye to your father Sarah” he said, and then a dazed look came over his face. All three of them were confused until he fell unconscious to the ground, shards of a vase falling from his head.
“Don’t you threaten my son you bastard” came the voice of a woman in her 100’s. “All you young ones with your high tech weapons, in my day people used all they could find around the home to protect them. Oh my!” she said, dropping the remainder of the vase. “What happened to this poor boy? It was you wasn’t it you gigolo!” she said, wagging a finger at Tony. “I hope you get an STD” she said, spitting in his direction. Mac’s family had nearly all been killed that day, but yet she still gave a laugh at her grandmother slagging her friend. “You know, you remind me of this boy I met on holiday in Italy…” she began the story. Mac leaned over and whispered something in Tony’s ear.
“Now you know where my dad gets it from”