- Text Size +
Chapter 17

They both sat down and their desks and were about to do some work for once, when Cynthia entered the bullpen. “Hi Cynthia” Mac greeted her.
“Is there something I can help you with?” Tony asked, wiping a little of Will’s blood from his hand.
“Director McGee asked to see you both. Agent DiNozzo is already up there” she said.
“Thanks” Tony told her, smiling then watching her leave. Mac stood up, followed be Tony who threw the rag into the drawer and followed Mac up the stairs. “You realize that he is probably gonna make us go another sensitivity seminar because of you?”
“Me? What about you? You stabbed a suspect in interrogation. Well, he obviously did it but. You know”
“Uh” he grunted, holding the door open for Mac.
“Thanks” she said, entering the office, Tony on her six.
“Hey, thanks for coming in”
“Hey boss, we didn’t mean… I mean, he deserved it… hurt Gerald…” Tony and Mac both argued at the same time.
“Hey!” McGee yelled to shut them up. “This isn’t about what happened in interrogation, I would have done the same my self. This is about a new case. We got a tip that arms dealers/assassins were hired to take out a navy admiral, staying this week at the Winchester hotel in Virginia. We were going to take them down when they were with whoever the hell hired them.”
“Sounds like a plan”
“Yeah, but they were found dead this morning in Georgetown. We don’t know who hired them, so I am sending in an undercover team. Tony, you will be the husband, Alexandre Saint-Pierre.”
“Wow, cool name” Mac added.
“And one of you,” McGee said, indicating to Mac and Kate, “Will be Celine Saint-Pierre. Question is which one?” he said, and they both were silent. Kate discretely pulled Mac off to the side and began to talk to her, out of earshot of Tony and McGee.
“Mac, I don’t mean to sound selfish, but I don’t wanna get hurt. There is a chance this could go bad, and with the baby…” she said, trailing off.
“I know. You want me to do it?”
“Yes please”
“No problem” she said as the joined the guys again.
“You decided?” McGee asked, interested,
“Yeah, I’m gonna do it” Mac told them.
“What?” Tony practically yelled, shocked at the decision.
“Ok then” McGee, said, expecting them to have chosen Mac.
“Why Mac? Why couldn’t Kate do it. I mean there’s probably a chance we’ll have to… you know. And me and Kate are married and the Mac… I wanna do it with Kate!” he protested like a child.
“This is doing wonders for my self confidence” Mac said, indicating it at Kate, and getting a laugh from her and McGee.
“No, it isn’t you it’s me”
“Where have I heard that before?”
“Mac I… shut up” he said, before he said something else stupid. “I just figured it would be easier with Kate”
“Well, um…” McGee said, quickly, trying to think of a reason for Mac doing it with out telling Tony that Kate was pregnant. Kate and Mac both picked up on this, but it was Mac that reacted first.
“Well, I am more trained in…um… undercover work.”
“Hm, that’s true” Tony agreed.
“So it’s settled. Mac and Tony are undercover. Kate, you are on surveillance with the new probie and…”
“Wait, what new probie?” Tony asked, shocked.
“Oh, ah yeah. I never told you. Mac was added to the team at first because you were the best team and needed another agent.”
“I’m really feeling special today” Mac said sarcastically.
“Your team is still the best we have Tony, but there are only 3 of you. I am assigning a new agent to your team. Special agent Daniel Pullman. He arrives tomorrow. Tony, Mac, go down and Abby will give you details. Kate you can go if you want.” He said, sitting back down at his desk, the three of the leaving the room.