- Text Size +
Chapter 21

"5 o'clock. Lets roll" Tony said as he and Mac exited the room and walked towards the elevator. They had another date in the dining room, at which they would get their target or arrangement place, depending on what they were hired for. Tony walked just behind Mac, trying not to step on her dress. The black material fell nearly to the floor and the dress moved with the contours of her body. Tony felt a little under dressed in his black suit, no tie. But who wouldn't? They stepped onto the elevator to find only one waiter already on. Tony nodded acknowledgement to him before he and Mac stood facing the doors.

"KATE!" Abby yelled, running into the bullpen.
"What is it?" she said, jumping up from her desk worried,
"The waiter has a warrant out on him"
"For what Abs?"
"Murder" she practically screamed. Kate and the probie grabbed up their weapons and ran to the elevator.

The elevator stopped on the third floor and they waited for the waiter to exit. When he didn't things got a little suspicious. Mac spun round only to see the muzzle of a gun pointed at her, while Tony was having the same problem with the pair who just appeared at the elevator doors. "Mr. and Mrs. Saint-Pierre, come with me"
"We would have come to the third floor ourselves, 3 armed escorts is a bit excessive" Mac told them.
"Very good. Our number and position. Too bad you're friends can't hear you. You're being jammed" he told them, and Mac spotted the transmitter in the man's hand. "Bring them. If they resist… shoot the woman." He said as they were led to a room. Mac and Tony were shoved into chairs and tied up as the 3 others paced and toyed with their guns.
"You know this isn't really punishment for him. He takes pleasure in being tied up." Mac told them, which earned Tony a punch in the face. "Take it you don't" she said, getting him hit again.
"Where is your disk Mrs. Saint-Pierre?"
"What makes you think I have a disk?" she said and heard the blond man hit Tony again. The main guy, he was tall with dark hair, pulled out a knife from a case.
"Did you know that the Peruvians made blades so sharp, that some can't even feel the initial incision?"
"I did actually" she told him, and yet again Tony was punched, Mac wincing a little this time. The dark haired man hovered the knife just above Mac's throat.
"I'll ask again, where is the disk?" Mac didn't answer this time. "I'll give you two a minute to discuss this" he said, three of them leaving the room with Mac and Tony still tied up. The minute they had gone Tony and Mac turned so their heads were touching.
"I have a plan"
"Good news for once" Mac replied. "Well, let's hear it"
"You're gonna give them the disk"
"Slight problem. Oh yeah, we don't have it"
"I know. Tell them it's in our hotel room, you have to show them"
"Hm, good plan. One problem, When I leave they will put a bullet in your head"
"I never said it was perfect" he said as they re-entered the room.
"I will ask you one more time. Where is the disk?" he said slowly. Again, Mac didn't answer, just stared at him.
"It's in our hotel room" Tony told him.
"Where?"
"She has to show you" he said, despite Mac tightly griping his arm to stop him. "You'll never find it without her. Even if you kill us" The man debated believing them.
"Untie her" he commanded and he did so. He covered his gun with his jacket and pushed Mac in front of him. "You're only mistake was going for one last payout. You got greedy"
"I'm pregnant"
"How many months"
"Three" Tony told him.
"Morning sickness?"
"Only every damn day"
"I hated to see my wife go though it. But it's all worth it in the end"
"So you'll let us go?"
"We're assassins. You know no-one leaves this business. Hell, don't you think I'd rather be at my daughter's birthday party than here?"
"So you are gonna kill us"
"I haven't decided yet"
"Take your time" Mac told him.
"Move!" he told her, but got ahead, his gun passed Mac's body and she took the chance. She grabbed his arm and twisted it back so she had control of the gun. She spun him around and shot the blond man twice in the head, then she hit the guys she had control of over the head with the butt of the gun, knocking him unconscious. She pulled cuffs form Tony's jacket and rolled him onto his back before, painfully for him, slapping the cuffs on. Then she went and untied Tony exactly when Kate burst in the door, probie at her heels.
"Honey are you ok?" she said, rushing over to Tony.
"Yeah, I'm fine" he said, grabbing Mac's hand and dragging her to the door. "Watch him Kate, we gotta get the waiter" he said as both of them ran out.